Golf

kplfishtank

On 02/11/2016 at 5:26 PM, jackunion said:

Cheers mate, 

booked a tee off time for saturday morning 4 baw @ dundonald this weekend so may enquire then. 

Tbh, the winter ticket for Troon courses seems gd value for money @ £170 from November to end of march. 

Ive got the golf south ayrshire membership. £42 per month and you only need to keep it for 4 months then you can cancel. That winter deal is tremendous, Darley had winter greens for 23 days last year and lochgreen only a few more so youll get good links golf virtually all year round.

Our course was wet today some winter tees but all the greens were on, in winter rules. Played the winter league had a terrible start but managed 40 points had about 5 points after 4 holes. Came back in 2 under. Was 4 of us on 40 points when I finished but the pro asked if I had beat 22 points on the way in and I had 23 so was leading but still a few games after us and people will play it tomorrow don't expect to win with 40 points but 39 points won it last week so you never know. 

34 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Our course was wet today some winter tees but all the greens were on, in winter rules. Played the winter league had a terrible start but managed 40 points had about 5 points after 4 holes. Came back in 2 under. Was 4 of us on 40 points when I finished but the pro asked if I had beat 22 points on the way in and I had 23 so was leading but still a few games after us and people will play it tomorrow don't expect to win with 40 points but 39 points won it last week so you never know. 

That's no bad. Could be enough. 

I had 38 points today. Played ok but like yourself started slow. 

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking of doing the winter ticket for troon this year but truth be told ill struggle to get down to justify paying that. Tbh ill struggle to get out over the winter.  Joining crowwood in march/april and gonna try get my handicap. No joining fee and only a few mile from my house. Sandyhills looks good but its the joining fee that puts me off.

15 hours ago, Skelf said:

I was thinking of doing the winter ticket for troon this year but truth be told ill struggle to get down to justify paying that. Tbh ill struggle to get out over the winter.  Joining crowwood in march/april and gonna try get my handicap. No joining fee and only a few mile from my house. Sandyhills looks good but its the joining fee that puts me off.

Surprised clubs are still using joining fees when they are struggling but clubs often do you can pay a joining fee over 5 years. 

16 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Surprised clubs are still using joining fees when they are struggling but clubs often do you can pay a joining fee over 5 years. 

Problem for me is its the difference of 35-40 quid a month more with a joining fee on top. 

3 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Played this morning winter league game, 42 points,played well, guy I was playing with, 46 points off 23 handicap.

Get cut out of season ya thief. Your mates must be ripping you a new one.

42 and 46 points is scandalous. Hand the money back to the kitty!!

Full or winter greens, even at that you're a rogue!!

32 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

Get cut out of season ya thief. Your mates must be ripping you a new one.

42 and 46 points is scandalous. Hand the money back to the kitty!!

Full or winter greens, even at that you're a rogue!!

Play off six mate, I reckon par for our winter Tees course is around 38 points so my score wiznae that special. the other joker on the other hand will be slashed to 19.  Our rules are that you only get cut if you win the sweep.  I won  the last time and got cut to 5.5 :)

1 hour ago, Skelf said:

Looking at upgrading driver. Shes getting me it for crimbo. Been looking at cobra fly z driver. Anyone use it? Goid reviews and very forgiving. Want to keep all my clubs cobra as use cobra baffler irons

Go and get fitted for your driver. 

On 06/12/2016 at 6:36 PM, Skelf said:

Your shite av already beat you :pipe:

On 06/12/2016 at 6:36 PM, Skelf said:

Jumping about with green pinnacles :disappointment:

You will struggle because your missus won't let you out bud nothing else ?

• 1 month later...