Golf

kplfishtank

• 2 weeks later...

A bit pissed off today.  ThereX a stable Ford comp running for a few sunday's at my club. However, for the last three weeks a good few Winter greens have been on, your playing off mats and the bunkers are GUR. 

But it's full handicap and the high handicappers are roasting it. A net 58 went in today for 49 points. I play off 6 and it's not even competitive if I am gross par.

I'm not happy. Not happy at all.

On 19/03/2017 at 10:21 PM, cushynumber said:

A bit pissed off today.  ThereX a stable Ford comp running for a few sunday's at my club. However, for the last three weeks a good few Winter greens have been on, your playing off mats and the bunkers are GUR. 

But it's full handicap and the high handicappers are roasting it. A net 58 went in today for 49 points. I play off 6 and it's not even competitive if I am gross par.

I'm not happy. Not happy at all.

The wonderful world of being a low handicapper mate 

So, course is completely off winters now. Played on Sat and picked up 12 quid for a 4th place and played on Sunday and picked up £30 for a 2 - nobody else got one in the entire field :lol: Games in decent shape and looking forward to the first medal of the year on Saturday. Wifes already giving me shite about the amount of golf I have booked in and its not April yet.

Played Cardross on Tuesday cracking track but still on winter rules. My course are on summer rules had a Texas scramble opening day on Saturday there we were level par so just walked off after 17 as it was a shot gun start and we weren't going to win. Was hitting the ball well on Tuesday but my short game feels rusty not sunk a putt in the 2 rounds and that's usually my strong part. Got my name down for Saturday morning but not playing as it will be too tight for the football. 

got this through from the club

The Rangers Legends Golf Day returns to the prestigious Carrick course on the banks of Loch Lomond on Friday 7 April and you can still be there. It’s a chance for supporters to team up with the likes of Barry Ferguson, Mark Hateley and Colin Stein and relish a day of fun on the course.

Each group of three will be joined by a Light Blue legend to make up your fourball, adding a unique Rangers element to the day. Guaranteed to be a great day out for you and your team, guests will enjoy an unforgettable game of golf with spectacular scenery, challenging 18-holes and the chance to play with the Rangers legends, followed by a relaxing 3-course evening meal in the clubhouse.

Packages per fourball cost £995 + vat.

I was quite up for it till I seen the price and nearly shit myself.

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

So, course is completely off winters now. Played on Sat and picked up 12 quid for a 4th place and played on Sunday and picked up £30 for a 2 - nobody else got one in the entire field :lol: Games in decent shape and looking forward to the first medal of the year on Saturday. Wifes already giving me shite about the amount of golf I have booked in and its not April yet.

Sounds like you're playing decent cushy.

I am playing my first 9 holes on Sunday since the back op. Been working at the range n can't wait to see how it goes.

Where do you play? 

9 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Sounds like you're playing decent cushy.

I am playing my first 9 holes on Sunday since the back op. Been working at the range n can't wait to see how it goes.

Where do you play? 

Aye Im quite pleased - managed to get a lot of golf in over the winter .

Paisley Golf Club - at the top of Gleniffer Braes

https://twitter.com/paisleygolfclub?lang=en

Played Cardross a few times and Paisley once. Never been on the Carrick. I'm at Erskine, simple front 9 and longer back 9 but a great course.

Currently batting weekly in Thailand where it's narrow, long and water everywhere. Good challenge though.

5 hours ago, geneva_ger said:

Played Cardross a few times and Paisley once. Never been on the Carrick. I'm at Erskine, simple front 9 and longer back 9 but a great course.

Currently batting weekly in Thailand where it's narrow, long and water everywhere. Good challenge though.

I go to wee Jim Mcfadyen at Erskiine for my lessons.