Jump to content
kplfishtank

Rangersmedia Golf Society

Recommended Posts

RFC RYAN    654
42 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

I'm potty , easiest holes on my course I mare, hardest holes. Tap in pars. 

I chipped in for a 2 at a par 3 not the hardest or easiest hole next hole stroke index 18 and took a 8 didn't lose a ball just had a nightmare. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cushynumber    12,974

6 handicap - there's just no room for error in medals. Played in the Tuesday medal 39 out 39 back for gross 78 . Couldn't buy a birdie and when a couple of dropped shots creep in you can feel it slipping away. 

Didn't play badly just not quite good enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cushynumber    12,974

wee cut on Tuesday - SSC was 73 and I shot 78-6.

down to 6.1. 

 

Cant believe I left that putt hanging over the lip at the last or i would be down to 5.9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RFC RYAN    654

Actually done decent for a Texas scramble today for a change played pretty good as a team but left a few putts out there. 5 birdies no bogeys we were getting a handicap of 5.5 so had 60.5 can't see it winning but we didn't take advantage of the easier holes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Actually done decent for a Texas scramble today for a change played pretty good as a team but left a few putts out there. 5 birdies no bogeys we were getting a handicap of 5.5 so had 60.5 can't see it winning but we didn't take advantage of the easier holes. 

Not bad, would think for a scramble though it would be slightly short.

Only ever won 1 Texas scramble n we had to birdie 16 out of 18 holes to do it 😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RFC RYAN    654

55.4 won the Texas scramble yesterday at my course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lewislaudrup    110

Just started playing golf, getting couple lessons next week, any course's to avoid for new players?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cushynumber    12,974
Just now, lewislaudrup said:

Just started playing golf, getting couple lessons next week, any course's to avoid for new players?

I've never though of it like that but probably best to learn your trade a bit before jumping onto championship courses. Though I think most have a handicap limit anyway.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lewislaudrup    110

Problem i seem to have is i only have a half swing so i hope the lessons can sort that out or distance will be a problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RFC RYAN    654
10 hours ago, lewislaudrup said:

Problem i seem to have is i only have a half swing so i hope the lessons can sort that out or distance will be a problem

Who are you getting the lessons from ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lewislaudrup    110
44 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Who are you getting the lessons from ? 

The pro at the dukes course in st andrews, got good deal with my work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So that's my 3 cards in which were nothing spectacular and been given a handicap of 11

Best score between the 3 cards would have been a 78 (+8) so think they have been quite generous but at the same time  looking forward to being a bandit 😂😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RFC RYAN    654
11 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

So that's my 3 cards in which were nothing spectacular and been given a handicap of 11

Best score between the 3 cards would have been a 78 (+8) so think they have been quite generous but at the same time  looking forward to being a bandit 😂😂😂😂

Total bandit 😂😂 

 

Got a tie on Sunday alternative shot me and the old boy hitting the ball shit the now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Total bandit 😂😂 

 

Got a tie on Sunday alternative shot me and the old boy hitting the ball shit the now. 

Too right. With a wee bit of practice I reckon there is a scratch 74/5 in there. 

Just need to cut out the stupidity n it won't be too difficult.

They will soon scalp me back down ha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RFC RYAN    654
18 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Too right. With a wee bit of practice I reckon there is a scratch 74/5 in there. 

Just need to cut out the stupidity n it won't be too difficult.

They will soon scalp me back down ha.

How much is Lanark a year mate ? 

Is there a joining fee ? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LiviGer    552

Booked up to play machrihanish in June. Looks a brilliant course. Anyone on here played it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hammer93    1,316

Heading to benelmadena on Saturday for our annual 4 day golf bender....16 rubber nuts 3 rounds of golf and copious amounts of refreshments along the way....whats not to like.😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

How much is Lanark a year mate ? 

Is there a joining fee ? 

 

This year it's £750 including £50 bar levy on your account.

Thete is a joining fee but they let you pay it up over 4/5 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Booked up to play machrihanish in June. Looks a brilliant course. Anyone on here played it? 

Yeah played it several times. If you get a decent day it's a spectacular course.

Opening tee shot is beautiful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RFC RYAN    654
2 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

This year it's £750 including £50 bar levy on your account.

Thete is a joining fee but they let you pay it up over 4/5 years.

You know how much the joining fee is ? £500/£1000 ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LiviGer    552
26 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Yeah played it several times. If you get a decent day it's a spectacular course.

Opening tee shot is beautiful. 

Heard that. Really looking forward to it. Got it as part of the 3 rounds of golf deal you get from bunkered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RFC RYAN    654
26 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

Where are you playing now Ryan ? 

I am still at Colville park. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

You know how much the joining fee is ? £500/£1000 ? 

I'll find out for you mate, not sure what it currently is. I'll ask about the waiting list too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RFC RYAN    654
1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I'll find out for you mate, not sure what it currently is. I'll ask about the waiting list too. 

Doesn't matter mate was arguing with a tarrier on the price told him it was only about £40 more to be a member at Lanark compared to my course he didn't believe me. If I stayed closer I would join Lanark but feel just stay too far away. My course doesn't have a joining fee anymore think most courses have done away with them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×