Golf

kplfishtank

42 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

I'm potty , easiest holes on my course I mare, hardest holes. Tap in pars. 

I chipped in for a 2 at a par 3 not the hardest or easiest hole next hole stroke index 18 and took a 8 didn't lose a ball just had a nightmare. 

Actually done decent for a Texas scramble today for a change played pretty good as a team but left a few putts out there. 5 birdies no bogeys we were getting a handicap of 5.5 so had 60.5 can't see it winning but we didn't take advantage of the easier holes. 

2 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Actually done decent for a Texas scramble today for a change played pretty good as a team but left a few putts out there. 5 birdies no bogeys we were getting a handicap of 5.5 so had 60.5 can't see it winning but we didn't take advantage of the easier holes. 

Not bad, would think for a scramble though it would be slightly short.

Only ever won 1 Texas scramble n we had to birdie 16 out of 18 holes to do it ???

Just now, lewislaudrup said:

Just started playing golf, getting couple lessons next week, any course's to avoid for new players?

I've never though of it like that but probably best to learn your trade a bit before jumping onto championship courses. Though I think most have a handicap limit anyway.

11 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

So that's my 3 cards in which were nothing spectacular and been given a handicap of 11

Best score between the 3 cards would have been a 78 (+8) so think they have been quite generous but at the same time  looking forward to being a bandit ????

Total bandit ?? 

Got a tie on Sunday alternative shot me and the old boy hitting the ball shit the now. 

9 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Total bandit ?? 

Got a tie on Sunday alternative shot me and the old boy hitting the ball shit the now. 

Too right. With a wee bit of practice I reckon there is a scratch 74/5 in there. 

Just need to cut out the stupidity n it won't be too difficult.

They will soon scalp me back down ha.

18 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Too right. With a wee bit of practice I reckon there is a scratch 74/5 in there. 

Just need to cut out the stupidity n it won't be too difficult.

They will soon scalp me back down ha.

How much is Lanark a year mate ? 

Is there a joining fee ? 

26 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Yeah played it several times. If you get a decent day it's a spectacular course.

Opening tee shot is beautiful. 

Heard that. Really looking forward to it. Got it as part of the 3 rounds of golf deal you get from bunkered. 

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I'll find out for you mate, not sure what it currently is. I'll ask about the waiting list too. 

Doesn't matter mate was arguing with a tarrier on the price told him it was only about £40 more to be a member at Lanark compared to my course he didn't believe me. If I stayed closer I would join Lanark but feel just stay too far away. My course doesn't have a joining fee anymore think most courses have done away with them.