Golf

kplfishtank

1 minute ago, RFC RYAN said:

Doesn't matter mate was arguing with a tarrier on the price told him it was only about £40 more to be a member at Lanark compared to my course he didn't believe me. If I stayed closer I would join Lanark but feel just stay too far away. My course doesn't have a joining fee anymore think most courses have done away with them. 

I always think Lanark is relatively cheap in the grand scale of clubs and for the standard of course too. We are cheaper than strathaven, Hamilton, bothwell, East Kilbride m I'd say have a better course that's good all year round. 

3 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I always think Lanark is relatively cheap in the grand scale of clubs and for the standard of course too. We are cheaper than strathaven, Hamilton, bothwell, East Kilbride m I'd say have a better course that's good all year round. 

Only played Hamilton out them always fancied Strathaven. Would go too Lanark all day before Hamilton. If Hamilton has any rain the course is wet takes a lot for Lanark to get wet. Lanark is great all year. 

Have you ever played Colville park ? 

2 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Only played Hamilton out them always fancied Strathaven. Would go too Lanark all day before Hamilton. If Hamilton has any rain the course is wet takes a lot for Lanark to get wet. Lanark is great all year. 

Have you ever played Colville park ? 

Yeah played it a number of times over the years. It's decent. My favourite outside of Lanark is West Linton, think it's a great course. 

15 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Yeah played it a number of times over the years. It's decent. My favourite outside of Lanark is West Linton, think it's a great course. 

Played there as well that's the course that finishes in 2 longish par 3s that would wreck your card on a Saturday. 

71 today not too bad hit the ball better my putter was red hot had 2 penalty shots in 2 different holes resulting in 6s in par 4s. Drove the ball well maybe only hit about 2-3 really bad shots. Was really giving the line of a putt a good look and was making most putts need to do it more often. 

Rattled in the tie none of us 2 were at it all day. 

Question for the rules of alternative shots. 

Say my partner hits a ball and he isn't sure if it's lost so we hit a provisional who hits that provisional ? 

Also how does the handicaps work for it ? Me and my partner were 19 combined( 8+11) the 2 we were playing were 13 combined how many shots do we get ? 

13 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

Rattled in the tie none of us 2 were at it all day. 

Question for the rules of alternative shots. 

Say my partner hits a ball and he isn't sure if it's lost so we hit a provisional who hits that provisional ? 

Also how does the handicaps work for it ? Me and my partner were 19 combined( 8+11) the 2 we were playing were 13 combined how many shots do we get ? 

It's as it states mate, alternate shots so if you tee off n go OB then it's your partner who reloads.

As for handicapping, in alternate shots you go with either 3/4 or 1/2 the difference on the higher end of rounding up, depending on the clubs rules for the comp.

So for your match you had 8+11=19 and the other group were at 13.

This gives 6 of a difference so you should have had 3 shots if 1/2 or 5 shots if 3/4 used at the hardest holes on the stroke index.

If it had been 4 balls then the lowest player goes to scratch and each player is given 3/4 of the difference between them and the lowest player.

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

It's as it states mate, alternate shots so if you tee off n go OB then it's your partner who reloads.

As for handicapping, in alternate shots you go with either 3/4 or 1/2 the difference on the higher end of rounding up, depending on the clubs rules for the comp.

This gives 6 of a difference so you should have had 3 shots if 1/2 or 5 shots if 3/4 used at the hardest holes on the stroke index.

If it had been 4 balls then the lowest player goes to scratch and each player is given 3/4 of the difference between them and the lowest player.

Yeah that's the way we done it. 

Last year in the same comp am sure when we reloaded it was the 1st person that hit did so again. 

We got half the difference. 

9 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

4 ball changed last year to 9/10s now not three quarters 

Haven't played consistently for about 6 years but joined Carnwath this year just to get back into it. Played twice last week and ball striking was good, putting was horrendous. Got the medal tonight and going to get first card in for handicap.

14 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Won my tie tonight 3&2. Found myself 2 down after 3 but rallied and parred the back nine that we played. Hard work in that wind.

I have a tie at 4 getting 2 shots off the guy so will be a tough one guy is pretty solid and I have been very good or reckless this year so hope the good turns up tonight. Course is so firm the now ball is bouncing for miles. 

1 minute ago, RFC RYAN said:

I have a tie at 4 getting 2 shots off the guy so will be a tough one guy is pretty solid and I have been very good or reckless this year so hope the good turns up tonight. Course is so firm the now ball is bouncing for miles. 

that easterly wind as well, it makes my course doubly hard - especially when trying to stop on some of the greens. Im hoping the wind dies a bit for the medal on saturday

Just off the course scared to hit my first tee shot tomorrow shook hands on 16th was terrible lost confidence with every thing. Any advice how to gain some ? Lost everything feel as if I don't know what I am doing standing over the ball. 

1 hour ago, RFC RYAN said:

Just off the course scared to hit my first tee shot tomorrow shook hands on 16th was terrible lost confidence with every thing. Any advice how to gain some ? Lost everything feel as if I don't know what I am doing standing over the ball. 

I'm a high handicapper so have a few of these moments! :lol:  if I'm toiling I just go to my favourite club in the bag (7 iron) and play my tee shots from there. First hole on my course is a 500 yard par so 4/5 short irons to the green putt 5/6 and take it from there. 

13 hours ago, LiviGer said:

I'm a high handicapper so have a few of these moments! :lol:  if I'm toiling I just go to my favourite club in the bag (7 iron) and play my tee shots from there. First hole on my course is a 500 yard par so 4/5 short irons to the green putt 5/6 and take it from there. 

Par 3 at my course about 190 yards might just hit a wedge today and lay up :lol: 

Going to try get up early today and try sort my swing out. 

11 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

Par 3 at my course about 190 yards might just hit a wedge today and lay up :lol: 

Going to try get up early today and try sort my swing out. 

:lol: was it better today?

6 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

:lol: was it better today?

Nope, was hitting the ball ok just not scoring then a hit a 7 iron into the green on 9 missed it left and lost the ball no idea where it went thought I would have got it no bother.