Golf

kplfishtank

6 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

Just off the course scared to hit my first tee shot tomorrow shook hands on 16th was terrible lost confidence with every thing. Any advice how to gain some ? Lost everything feel as if I don't know what I am doing standing over the ball. 

Pick the shot and swing you want to do and commit to it. If it fails, you at least have something to work with. Nothing worse than trying to baby your way around and you don't know whats going to work or not and hoping its all going to fall into place.

10 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

Nope, was hitting the ball ok just not scoring then a hit a 7 iron into the green on 9 missed it left and lost the ball no idea where it went thought I would have got it no bother. 

Brutal mate. Does your nut it when you go through spells like that. 

Beat 3&2 in our pairs tie today. Led a few times on the front 9. Never more than1 up though. Fell behind for the first time on the 13th and we never recovered. Singles tie tomorrow. Hopefully a better result. 

I am so inconsistent at the moment, it is really getting to me, three times this season so far I have been in with a shout of a cut with 4 or 5 holes to go and my swing decides to Fuck off and I struggle to make the buffer.

Beat 3&2 in our 4 ball tourney.  My mate played shit.  But I was the low man and in the other team one of the guys played par golf from the 3rd. Nine handicap and he pars fucking 16 holes.  I was 1 over for the back nine and never won a hole. 

I hate golf.

6 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Beat 3&2 in our 4 ball tourney.  My mate played shit.  But I was the low man and in the other team one of the guys played par golf from the 3rd. Nine handicap and he pars fucking 16 holes.  I was 1 over for the back nine and never won a hole. 

I hate golf.

Hate it when that happens, means having to score the round of your life just to sneak a chance of winning. 

8 hours ago, cushynumber said:

selling a Nike Covert VRS Driver. RH Regular shaft. Good condition. Includes adjustment Key and headcover. Pictures can be supplied.  £50 . PM me if interested.

You don't need to start selling your clubs mate because you lost that tie. Chin up. 

4 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

Fucking gutted. Standing on 15th tee 5 under and ended up level par. 

And if honest I three putted 3 of them , match committee will think I'm at it :lol: 

Hate these people that protect their handicap. What is the bandit handicap at the moment KPL?

Right so. Tie tonight. 2 ball 4 some. 

Giving away 12 strokes as a team.  This is not good because there is no room for error. If you don't make par, your in trouble.  Partners fuckin putting me in all sorts of shit. Nailed some good putts, missed some makable ones. Drove like a golfing fuckin god. A good god as well, not a wee shit one. 

All square on the 17th. They are stroking. They get an easy 3. We lose the hole. 1 down going down the last and yours truly hits a beast of a drive, great line, nice and safe. Partner starts talking about laying up -  "fucking get it on the green" i say. He puts it through. The competition are struggling this hole, but they are stroking, so we still have to at least par the hole to win. I chip and run back onto the green and stick it to 3 feet. Nice shot. My partner asks me the line for his putt and he nails a peach putt no danger for a par 4.  

Fuckin no way i am sudden deathing  it up the first when they are stroking and i tell them that. They are not happy. I don't care. Live to fight another day. 

No surrender.

12 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Right so. Tie tonight. 2 ball 4 some. 

Giving away 12 strokes as a team.  This is not good because there is no room for error. If you don't make par, your in trouble.  Partners fuckin putting me in all sorts of shit. Nailed some good putts, missed some makable ones. Drove like a golfing fuckin god. A good god as well, not a wee shit one. 

All square on the 17th. They are stroking. They get an easy 3. We lose the hole. 1 down going down the last and yours truly hits a beast of a drive, great line, nice and safe. Partner starts talking about laying up -  "fucking get it on the green" i say. He puts it through. The competition are struggling this hole, but they are stroking, so we still have to at least par the hole to win. I chip and run back onto the green and stick it to 3 feet. Nice shot. My partner asks me the line for his putt and he nails a peach putt no danger for a par 4.  

Fuckin no way i am sudden deathing  it up the first when they are stroking and i tell them that. They are not happy. I don't care. Live to fight another day. 

No surrender.

4 of yous have to agree to go on if one doesn't it gets played another day that's the rules whether they like it or not. 

Had a goodish round few weeks ago. But i seriously need to get my putting in order. 6x 3 putts and 1x 4 putt just aint good enough. Best ive ever struck ball. But unfortunately due to poor putting i ended up with 108. Had i performed better with putter i could easily have been home much better score.