Golf

kplfishtank

25 minutes ago, Skelf said:

Had a goodish round few weeks ago. But i seriously need to get my putting in order. 6x 3 putts and 1x 4 putt just aint good enough. Best ive ever struck ball. But unfortunately due to poor putting i ended up with 108. Had i performed better with putter i could easily have been home much better score.

40% of your game putting if you're on in regulation. Got to be around 34 putts per game for a bogey golfer.

39 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Been playing crap but played Cathcart castle last week, putting wasn't great but had 1 under for the back 9 including a great 4 on the 10th hole which is a brute.

6 par 3's if I recall. Doesn't help your card if your not on target.

2 hours ago, geneva_ger said:

40% of your game putting if you're on in regulation. Got to be around 34 putts per game for a bogey golfer.

Its so so bad mate. What i need to do is find a few hours per week and go to clubhouse green and just solely practice my putting. My shortgame is really good just now and barely hit a duff shot now. My driving could do with improving aswel.

I' ve really just started playing this year. And my putting is brutal, average around 3 strokes per green. After a couple lessons i'm happy with iron play. Bit frustrating that most my drives go right. But putting really pisses me off. Same as skelf need to get couple hours to just putt

1 hour ago, lewislaudrup said:

I' ve really just started playing this year. And my putting is brutal, average around 3 strokes per green. After a couple lessons i'm happy with iron play. Bit frustrating that most my drives go right. But putting really pisses me off. Same as skelf need to get couple hours to just putt

What loft do you have on your driver mate? I had that issue went with a higher loft and its made a massive difference. 

1 hour ago, lewislaudrup said:

Stopping a fade is one of the easier faults to correct. Get along to the pro for a few lessons.

22 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

Stopping a fade is one of the easier faults to correct. Get along to the pro for a few lessons.

Yeah I will ha e to. Its not enjoyable standing on every tee thinkig, well this is going right again. I would honestly take only 100yrd long but down the middle

1 minute ago, lewislaudrup said:

Yeah. I just bought it last friday

1 minute ago, geneva_ger said:

Good club but if you're a beginner you need to get lessons.

I went up to a 10.5 and its miles better was using 9.5, as Geneva_ger said lessons help, I only started playing last year. Tried to battle through without lesson but eventually went for some. Made a massive difference. 

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

ive got my R15 on the highest loft setting it can go.

You're quite a low handicapper I believe. Anything works for you guys or rather, you can make anything work.

I've got an FT9 10.5 and a Legacy 9.5. Clubhead speed around 104 mph. Regular shafts. Straight as a die.

2 hours ago, LiviGer said:

Sacrifices a bit of distance but no wild slices! I've got the M2 its an unbelieveable club.

lad I played with the other night just got the M2. Never missed a fairway and consistently outdrove me by plenty. When it hits the deck it just seems to go on and on.

12 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

lad I played with the other night just got the M2. Never missed a fairway and consistently outdrove me by plenty. When it hits the deck it just seems to go on and on.

It is brilliant mate, funny you say that, guy I played last week said the exact same about the roll. 

Used to slice it right when I was younger was the way my feet were set up. Now it only goes right now when I block it so check your set up have the ball in the centre of you stance just to get more confident then move it 2 balls towards your left foot. 

I would say about 70% of my practice is putting helps to do it in the house as well on the carpet.

Played tonight and was level par the back 9 so pretty solid think I was about 4 over for my round.