Golf

kplfishtank

30 points today :lol: 

Started with 4 double bogeys in the first 4 holes got it going the back nine. At my course you cross a bridge after 8 for the last 10 holes I had birdie putts(not great chances) on 7 out of the 10 which isn’t too bad didn’t make any of the putts right enough but didn’t 3 putt any of them. Hit the ball well enough just poor round the greens to start with. 

4 ball better ball yesterday (2 teams of 2 go out) and i shot net 70. - and that was our team score. My partner did not contribute on a single hole and he plays off 16. The upshot was we failed to qualify for the matchplay rounds of the tourney.

To say I am livid would be a gross understatement - and he kept on doing stupid things on the green as well - it was infuriating to watch. 

Ive partnered him the last couple of years but thats the last. The cunts useless.

6 hours ago, cushynumber said:

4 ball better ball yesterday (2 teams of 2 go out) and i shot net 70. - and that was our team score. My partner did not contribute on a single hole and he plays off 16. The upshot was we failed to qualify for the matchplay rounds of the tourney.

To say I am livid would be a gross understatement - and he kept on doing stupid things on the green as well - it was infuriating to watch. 

Ive partnered him the last couple of years but thats the last. The cunts useless.

That sounds like a tough gig cushy, but great shooting from you. 

Get him patched for somebody half decent.

How did the hybrids go?

I took the 3 wood out n put in a stiff shaft 16 degree hybrid, can see it being a great move once the course is a bit drier.

3 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

That sounds like a tough gig cushy, but great shooting from you. 

Get him patched for somebody half decent.

How did the hybrids go?

I took the 3 wood out n put in a stiff shaft 16 degree hybrid, can see it being a great move once the course is a bit drier.

mate im ditching him for my son when he turns to full membership in july. the hybrids were excellent and exactly what I was looking for. well pleased.

10 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

mate im ditching him for my son when he turns to full membership in july. the hybrids were excellent and exactly what I was looking for. well pleased.

That’s a good plan. Your son keen on the golf? 

Thats good that the hybrids worked out, tidy wee investment ?

It could be worse, I’ve got mates who play the doubles every year and they argue from start to finish, I actually watched one deliberately put it in a bunker to piss the other one off ???

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

That’s a good plan. Your son keen on the golf? 

Thats good that the hybrids worked out, tidy wee investment ?

It could be worse, I’ve got mates who play the doubles every year and they argue from start to finish, I actually watched one deliberately put it in a bunker to piss the other one off ???

:lol:

my sons been a member in paisley for a few years now at Junior level, so I have been patiently waiting for him coming of age so we can team up. I cant wait.

6 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

:lol:

my sons been a member in paisley for a few years now at Junior level, so I have been patiently waiting for him coming of age so we can team up. I cant wait.

That’ll be cracking to team up with your boy.

Good banter and a chance to get overly competitive together, what’s not to like.

Hows paisley looking? Lanark was soft as yesterday, you got what you hit n not much else tbh. 

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

That’ll be cracking to team up with your boy.

Good banter and a chance to get overly competitive together, what’s not to like.

Hows paisley looking? Lanark was soft as yesterday, you got what you hit n not much else tbh. 

its very wet. the greens were in good nick though but we need some heat to get the growth going and dry the place out. 

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

its very wet. the greens were in good nick though but we need some heat to get the growth going and dry the place out. 

Think it’ll be the same all over though to be honest. 

Only good thing was you knew if you played target golf the ball would stop.

My wee brother has just joined Carnwath but his home club is elsewhere. Does he need to hand in 3 cards at the away club or is ot simply carried over from his home club?

How does this work for medals at the away club? Is his handicap cut if he is below par? 

11 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

My wee brother has just joined Carnwath but his home club is elsewhere. Does he need to hand in 3 cards at the away club or is ot simply carried over from his home club?

How does this work for medals at the away club? Is his handicap cut if he is below par? 

doesnt need another card but he has to chose one as a "home" club and one as an "away club" and inform the match and handicap committee in each who will then do the needful.

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

doesnt need another card but he has to chose one as a "home" club and one as an "away club" and inform the match and handicap committee in each who will then do the needful.

I think his handicap has lapsed at his home club thats the only thing but it does show on the away clubs system as 16. 

Just now, ShanksRFC said:

I think his handicap has lapsed at his home club thats the only thing but it does show on the away clubs system as 16. 

still needs to designate one has home and one as away - then get his handicap back if required. However he only need to do that at one of the courses - not both.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

still needs to designate one has home and one as away - then get his handicap back if required. However he only need to do that at one of the courses - not both.

He has chosen Carnwath as his away and lanark as home i believe. 

Cheers mate!