Golf

kplfishtank

Thought Finau had no chance when plus 7 yesterday. Now have him and Koepka in with great shouts going into the final round. Albeit, there's now any number of potential winners in contention due to tightening of margins at the top of the leader-board. Always very content to have a shout going into the final day. Great stuff!

Just checking my bets there and noticed that if Berger wins i'll win just under £4,000! I've bet on him EW 4 times but I was just looking for the EW value, not even thinking about the win as he was about 11 behind to start the day! 

Best price I got him was with Ladbrokes at 500s

15 JUN

SINGLE(EACH WAY)

OPEN

Daniel Berger

(Outright)

500/1

2018 US Open

Stake

£7.00

Returns

£2107.00

If i'm being honest i'm still looking at the EW, top 3 returns about £700, top 4 returns abut £350. Being last out isn't going to make it any easier for him but you never know! Got a few others in in running too. It will certainly be an interesting day...........

9 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Just checking my bets there and noticed that if Berger wins i'll win just under £4,000! I've bet on him EW 4 times but I was just looking for the EW value, not even thinking about the win as he was about 11 behind to start the day! 

15 JUN

SINGLE(EACH WAY)

OPEN

Daniel Berger

(Outright)

500/1

2018 US Open

Stake

£7.00

Returns

£2107.00

If i'm being honest i'm still looking at the EW, top 3 returns about £700, top 4 returns abut £350. Being last out isn't going to make it any easier for him but you never know! Got a few others in in running too. It will certainly be an interesting day...........

This firmly puts my potential returns well and truly into the shade. My main ante post bet was Koepka 15 pounds on at 20/1 and the only other potential winner I've got left is Finau who was believe it or not a wild card 70/1 5 pounds bet solely because he occasionally puts in a decent performance at a major.

If Berger wins I would be very happy indeed for you mate. Its a tough course out there and its a lottery to be honest but we live in hope!

10 minutes ago, sondicklg said:

This firmly puts my potential returns well and truly into the shade. My main ante post bet was Koepka 15 pounds on at 20/1 and the only other potential winner I've got left is Finau who was believe it or not a wild card 70/1 5 pounds bet solely because he occasionally puts in a decent performance at a major.

If Berger wins I would be very happy indeed for you mate. Its a tough course out there and its a lottery to be honest but we live in hope!

To be honest I never normally bet EW. It's normally all in for the win. Only done EW because i've been betting more on the World Cup and didn't bet on the US Open until the tournament had started. Might stick to the EW in play more often (depending on how the final day goes!)

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

To be honest I never normally bet EW. It's normally all in for the win. Only done EW because i've been betting more on the World Cup and didn't bet on the US Open until the tournament had started. Might stick to the EW in play more often (depending on how the final day goes!)

Wouldn't hold that against you mate so to speak for the prices make it attractive to bet e/w as often its not the favourites who either lead rounds or are the eventual outright winners. I've went many weeks without collecting due to the randomness of the winners however when one comes up its normally at a huge price of 50/1 or above betting on the bog standard tournaments and you get a feel for who's in form or not. I bet on both Pga and European tours and its always tough to call but when you do come up trumps its normally at a very healthy price.

1 minute ago, sondicklg said:

Wouldn't hold that against you mate so to speak for the prices make it attractive to bet e/w as often its not the favourites who either lead rounds or are the eventual outright winners. I've went many weeks without collecting due to the randomness of the winners however when one comes up its normally at a huge price of 50/1 or above betting on the bog standard tournaments and you get a feel for who's in form or not. I bet on both Pga and European tours and its always tough to call but when you do come up trumps its normally at a very healthy price.

In play betting gives you incredible odds. My biggest regret is not taking Koepka EW at 300s when he was +7! Ended up caving in and backing him outright when he was at 40s.

I'll be happy with any return but I've lost enough times not to worry too much about it. It's good just to have a bit more interest in it. 

Ideally looking for DJ, Rose and Stenson to struggle.

16 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

In play betting gives you incredible odds. My biggest regret is not taking Koepka EW at 300s when he was +7! Ended up caving in and backing him outright when he was at 40s.

I'll be happy with any return but I've lost enough times not to worry too much about it. It's good just to have a bit more interest in it. 

Ideally looking for DJ, Rose and Stenson to struggle.

Having prospects of an ante post bet being successful going into the final day is often an an achievement in itself as you'll well know gauging your experiences which sound very similar to mine. Bryson De Chambeau who was a winning bet for me just a couple weeks ago after a long run of not collecting is a case in point. He had for some time been noticeable near the top of leaderboards or therabouts for some time and I just had feeling he was 'due' one and deliver he did albeit after a play off and much biting of nails so to speak.

The reason I don't do in play betting and stick to ante post bets is I could very easily give the bookies a depressing amount of money in chasing money and prefer to stick to non depressing ante post bets for this very reason and of course how vulnerable the leader-board is to changing.

It is a bit of a lottery in trying to predict the winner but when successful its very worthwhile as the prices are very attractive and I love golf in any case as I think you do too.

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

15 JUN

SINGLE(EACH WAY)

OPEN

Daniel Berger

(Outright)

500/1

2018 US Open

Stake

£7.00

Returns

£2107.00

Great bet mate good luck :thumbup:

40 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

See wee Butch said Mickelson should have been disqualified.  And he’s his mate.

I like Phil, he's great for the game, has had an incredible career and is a great personality. He does come across as a good guy but he's certainly got a slightly darker side, like most of us probably do, which is absolutely fine. However, generally speaking he's the people's champion and gets away with murder. To an extent he's probably earned an element of goodwill for all he's done and achieved in the game but NOT in this instance IMO. Good to see Butch, and also a few players criticise him for it.

If I were Mickelson right now i'd probably withdraw, apologise and donate a snippet of all his millions and millions to a charity and be the good guy again!

One thing that is highly associated with Golf is the etiquette and to do that, especially in a major is not only poor, but just bloody stupid!

5 hours ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

See wee Butch said Mickelson should have been disqualified.  And he’s his mate.

I’ve never liked the cunt. Think he is a greasy peado looking cunt and yesterday’s stunt showed him up for what he is. 

Should be DQ and told to fuck off.

Dř Not sure I have a problem with what Phil did yesterday, he used the rules but all pros do that. Same as Speith did at last year's open used rules to their advantage that amateurs would never get away with. Beef did not seem to mind at the time. 

Tbh want them to focus on speeding up play. Phil took his two shot penalty, that is the end of the matter for me. 

5 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

If I were Mickelson right now i'd probably withdraw, apologise and donate a snippet of all his millions and millions to a charity and be the good guy again!

Agree with that, think for many they can forgive the the heat of the moment thing it's what he does next and so far their is a whiff of arrogance coming off him about it.