Golf

kplfishtank

Just now, RFC RYAN said:

Playing well mate am just struggling not got 2 swings the same and struggling to compose myself.

I’m fucking buzzing mate. I don’t in my life see me getting back to 1 or 2 where I was before, but reckon if I can work on consistency I can def get to around 5 or 6.

9 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/videos/rules/golfs-rules-myths-declaring-your-ball-lost

Your biggest issue here mate is you never played a provisional.

Once the 5 mins has ran its course you would know it’s lost and play the provisional.

My understanding and interpretation is that you going back to the tee is in essence declaring the ball lost and at that point even if found it can’t be played.

Should that not be the case you could have looked for 5 and then say your partner had another 1-2 mins meaning an unfair advantage had been gained in terms of the time.

The lesson to be learned, always play a provisional ball. It should be done by all golfers as would save so much time in rounds.

Like you say, there's no reason to leave the search early, your entitled to yer 5 mins but the moment you declare your going back is the moment you've accepted it's a lost ball. Three off the tee and the walk of shame taboot ?‍♂️?

11 hours ago, EverestGers said:

Like you say, there's no reason to leave the search early, your entitled to yer 5 mins but the moment you declare your going back is the moment you've accepted it's a lost ball. Three off the tee and the walk of shame taboot ?‍♂️?

A wasn’t even going to walk back the other guy convinced me too never walk back again. 

7 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Great weekend for Europe with Noren and likely Molinari winning. 

Molinari is just a machine.

Molinari's iron play is fucking incredible. And his putting of late (which has always been a weakness) has held up so well. With confidence he's a completely different animal.

Noren's all round play is solid as fuck. Long and straight off the tee, great short game, incredible putter, great in stroke play and great in match play. Can't really ask for more.......

a bit disillusioned with the golf at the moment. Was toiling away nicely in the medal last week and at the par 3 15th hit what I thought was a great strike - it took a manky bounce into a bunker right at the edge and I couldn't get out in one - and walked off with a 5.

At the par 3 17th, almost exactly the same thing happened - off the club I thought it was a great strike and was contemplating a 2 when it took a freaky bounce into the bunker. again shite lie and walked off with a 5.

On top of that, I came back from hols to find out some divvy in the M&H had put my opponent through in one of the competitions - despite me being on holiday and not even having 2 weeks to complete the tie. After some digging, I found that in the previous round my opponents had over 4 weeks to complete their tie  - which hadn't been completed by the time I went on holiday. Yet between them completing it and me returning from hols I was put out by M&H. That's not on and I appealed - but to no success. I have further asked for the reasons behind whats going on because it is simply not fair.

needless to say, I am not particularly happy at the moment.

Been playing great but not upset at lack of putts I’ve been holing so made the move and changed putters.

When I was playing my best golf and down at 1, I used a centre shafted putter and found putting easy, so after much deliberation I’ve gone back to centre shafted.

Just came today and spent an hour on practice green after work and love it already. Just feels comfortable, easy to line and know it’s a straight back straight through stroke.

Playing medal tomorrow, sat and Sunday. Hopefully see some putts drop.

3 hours ago, ShanksRFC said:

Yes my hands and grip all seem to be fine and both V pointing to right shoulder.

Typically I got to the 18th and hit my best drive of the night. Just need to learn to get up and hit it instead of thinking about setup so much.

Sure thats my problem aswell see if i just walk up to tee and hit the thing its normally okay. Its when i over think it i end up doubting myself and fucking it up

What’s the chances of this, tee off at the first, hit a good one and just runs out into the thicker rough.

Quick look and my mate shouts “titleist 2 with red dots” Thats the one. I knock it out to edge of green walk up and look, it’s not my ball. 

Raging. Walk back find original ball, start within a 7 including two stroke penalty. 

Completely my fault for not checking it but what’s chances of in a small areas finding two balls the same, with same number and marked with red dots. 

31 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

What’s the chances of this, tee off at the first, hit a good one and just runs out into the thicker rough.

Quick look and my mate shouts “titleist 2 with red dots” Thats the one. I knock it out to edge of green walk up and look, it’s not my ball. 

Raging. Walk back find original ball, start within a 7 including two stroke penalty. 

Completely my fault for not checking it but what’s chances of in a small areas finding two balls the same, with same number and marked with red dots. 

Everychance if you have the same ball marked out and a hole in your pocket:pipe:

6 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Everychance if you have the same ball marked out and a hole in your pocket:pipe:

4 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

there are only 2 plausible explinations to this floppy.  

1 you haven't learnt from your mistake from the last time you shanked it into the rough at the exact same hole

2 you're a very bad cheat

Clearly I’m an awful cheat as I admitted the ball wasn’t mine straight away.

could easily have holed out and walked on but that’s not the etiquette of the sport.

Liars never win.

2 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Clearly I’m an awful cheat as I admitted the ball wasn’t mine straight away.

could easily have holed out and walked on but that’s not the etiquette of the sport.

Liars never win.

? only joking mate. golf n snooker seem to be the only two sports that keep their traditional etiquette. 

well golf has had a few iffy moments recently in that regard but nonetheless a gentleman's sport ?

22 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

? only joking mate. golf n snooker seem to be the only two sports that keep their traditional etiquette. 

well golf has had a few iffy moments recently in that regard but nonetheless a gentleman's sport ?

Too right, play by the rules it’s the only way. Not to say I wasn’t fucking raging but not to worry.

12 hours ago, ShanksRFC said:

Yes my hands and grip all seem to be fine and both V pointing to right shoulder.

Typically I got to the 18th and hit my best drive of the night. Just need to learn to get up and hit it instead of thinking about setup so much.

Find with most slicers a see is there set up try bring the ball back to the middle of your stance with the driver just to test it then move it slightly forward and just experiment. You might get a few hooks when you bring it into the middle. I play with a draw but it’s totally uncontrollable the now. 

Not enjoying my golf the now just don’t feel right standing over the ball played the night and was ready to walk off lucky if I am hitting 1 good shot a round playing on Saturday anyone got any tips to help me ? 

10 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Too right, play by the rules it’s the only way. Not to say I wasn’t fucking raging but not to worry.

A done it in tie a few years back was getting hammered 6 down with 7 to play a game waved us threw my head was up my arse all day didn’t even bother checking the ball and hit the guys ball that was waving us through ??

16 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

A done it in tie a few years back was getting hammered 6 down with 7 to play a game waved us threw my head was up my arse all day didn’t even bother checking the ball and hit the guys ball that was waving us through ??

I was absolutely raging but it’ll not happen again. A learning curve ???