Golf

kplfishtank

43 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I’m gagging to get out on the course tomorrow now mate. We are lucky at Lanark that our pro is so good, he is actually chair of the PGA now so getting an hour with him is amazing.

Tee off around 7.30 tomorrow, can't wait not played Elderslie for ages 

21 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Down to 9 now exactly. 

Good stuff mate. I’ve set myself the challenge of getting to 7 by end of the season. It’ll be tough going but I’m down to 8.6 now so achievable. The new driver will help as it’ll keep me out of trouble.

I am back up to 6 seriously unhappy, don't like shit bounces but if you can see where the ball goes you have a chance. Twice yesterday I hit the centre of the fairway but bounces meant one 'no shot' the other was a lost ball as the second one at my distance is blind. I know golf is a game of patience and at times luck but yesterday was a step too far for me. 

2 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

I am back up to 6 seriously unhappy, don't like shit bounces but if you can see where the ball goes you have a chance. Twice yesterday I hit the centre of the fairway but bounces meant one 'no shot' the other was a lost ball as the second one at my distance is blind. I know golf is a game of patience and at times luck but yesterday was a step too far for me. 

Where do you play mate ? 

Our course is bouncy as well but is pretty wide so don’t really lose balls except from on a couple of holes, they put enough water on our greens so if you are landing on them it will stop but it’s murder course is separating in parts of it. 

Played the sweep this morning our own Sunday morning one 8 of us and I had a 67 so will be playing off 8 in that sweep we play you win the sweep you get cut a shot and take the money £1 a head good fun. 

3 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Aye it’s a tough school the now.

The treble I had on my card, lost ball off the tee, then good provisional, Hot a great shot to the green than bounced over the green and had to take an unplayable. 

Just got to make the mist of the good breaks when they come.

2 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

Where do you play mate ? 

Our course is bouncy as well but is pretty wide so don’t really lose balls except from on a couple of holes, they put enough water on our greens so if you are landing on them it will stop but it’s murder course is separating in parts of it. 

Played the sweep this morning our own Sunday morning one 8 of us and I had a 67 so will be playing off 8 in that sweep we play you win the sweep you get cut a shot and take the money £1 a head good fun. 

Play a Elderslie, just me being a greeting faced bassa

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Aye it’s a tough school the now.

The treble I had on my card, lost ball off the tee, then good provisional, Hot a great shot to the green than bounced over the green and had to take an unplayable. 

Just got to make the mist of the good breaks when they come.

It is recognising the good breaks mate, I get the blinkers on at times tbh

Playing off 18 the now. Played 10 holes 5 over played another 2 11 over. Two absolute disasters. Don’t know what it is about my golf the now. Have a solid run of pars, bogeys and the occasional birdie then all of a sudden a compete card killer creeps in. Totally scunnered with it just now. 

On 15/07/2018 at 09:29, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Good stuff mate. I’ve set myself the challenge of getting to 7 by end of the season. It’ll be tough going but I’m down to 8.6 now so achievable. The new driver will help as it’ll keep me out of trouble.

What driver did you get? 

Going to upgrade instead of getting a new shaft for mine

Getting back into golf after a 3 1/2 year exile which I was playing off 12, so dusted down the Mizunos and been out getting a few rounds in the past few weeks and I've got the bug. I am looking to join somewhere sort of south, east or north Glasgow/Lanarkshire as I'm in the east end, Sandyhills is around the corner so may opt for there and Drumpelier is not too far but anyone got any experience of these courses or any recommendations? 

7 minutes ago, Boaby Bear said:

Getting back into golf after a 3 1/2 year exile which I was playing off 12, so dusted down the Mizunos and been out getting a few rounds in the past few weeks and I've got the bug. I am looking to join somewhere sort of south, east or north Glasgow/Lanarkshire as I'm in the east end, Sandyhills is around the corner so may opt for there and Drumpelier is not too far but anyone got any experience of these courses or any recommendations? 

Never been a fan of Drumpellier as a course. How far is Kirkhill from you up Cathkin Braes, I used to like going there for a game.

8 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Never been a fan of Drumpellier as a course. How far is Kirkhill from you up Cathkin Braes, I used to like going there for a game.

Kirkhill is 10 mins cathkin 20mins.  Suppose what i could is visit all the local ones and pick from there