Sign in to follow this  
kplfishtank

Rangersmedia Golf Society

Game at Wishaw tomorrow joint competition 0-12 at Wishaw and the others at my course switches year on year got a feeling I will be chipping a lot of 2nd shots back to the fairway the way my golf has been. 

Played the carrick today, great nick but greens were slow. Shot 36 points with an 8 at 17, where I shanked my lob wedge the tuck my chip under the lip of my bunker. Better form though so pleased

58 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Game at Wishaw tomorrow joint competition 0-12 at Wishaw and the others at my course switches year on year got a feeling I will be chipping a lot of 2nd shots back to the fairway the way my golf has been. 

I’d pay not to play at wishaw. 😂😂😂

Another shite medal from me today. 

Ball was travelling miles. Thought I hit a belter of tee shot into a par 3 and it bounced over green into the shite. Walked off with a 7 😡 was about 180 yards uphill.

19 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I’d pay not to play at wishaw. 😂😂😂

Was no bad nick rough is brutal just the 2nd cut found about 5-6 balls in it and lost one going up 18 so NR wasn’t on a score poor front nine pulled it back the second 9. 

Played tonight was hitting the ball the best in a while was focusing on my posture and loading it up on the backswing(something McDowell was taking about on TV). My handicap is 9.4 hopefully doesn’t go up on Saturday. 

2 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

Out in 40 today (5 over) and back in level par nice wee cut 67 so should be .8 off. 

Well played mate, great shooting  👍

I played an event at Ralston on Thursday. Shot 42 points stableford including playing the last 7 holes in scratch -2. 

At one par 5 I knocked a driver 294 yards and hit the green with a 6 iron. No bad for a wee dick with a mechanical spine 😂😂😂

RFC RYAN likes this

2 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I played an event at Ralston on Thursday. Shot 42 points stableford including playing the last 7 holes in scratch -2. 

At one par 5 I knocked a driver 294 yards and hit the green with a 6 iron. No bad for a wee dick with a mechanical spine 😂😂😂

Is that the 14th or 15th downhill? Ralston can be a good track to get the handicap down

Just now, dummiesoot said:

Is that the 14th or 15th downhill? Ralston can be a good track to get the handicap down

That’s the one mate, turns downhill, I hit a cracking draw and went like a bullet.

First time I’d played the course but it was very open so def a course to score on.

5 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

That’s the one mate, turns downhill, I hit a cracking draw and went like a bullet.

First time I’d played the course but it was very open so def a course to score on.

Yeah last time I played it I hit an 8 iron into that green, I laughed as I said to my dad, Rory mcilroy would carry by drive and then some. (mine ran about 40 yards) 

Kinda puts it into perspective how far these guys skelp the ball 

3 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Yeah last time I played it I hit an 8 iron into that green, I laughed as I said to my dad, Rory mcilroy would carry by drive and then some. (mine ran about 40 yards) 

Kinda puts it into perspective how far these guys skelp the ball 

I was fucking delighted. Been ages since ive felt like a golfer. That felt good, likewise second at lanark, tough dog leg par 4, and I blasted a 280 yard drive, 5 iron into 3 feet, holes for birdie and walked away thinking I was a player again.

dummiesoot likes this

4 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Only got cut .6 must have been a 70 standard scratch will still take it time to get it down to 8 on 8.8 now 

Was through at Peebles open today, golf was pretty shite but a wee magic two made it worth the jaunt.  Lovely course and weather.

Only stopped bevying at 5 this morning and teed off at 10.20, you can guess the quality wasnt the best..

Going to Gourock open on Saturday, never played there either.

4 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Hope the other boy was a tim as well

Actually think he is but don’t really know him. He’s played some excellent golf this season having 66s and 67s scratch regularly this season. 

1 hour ago, ShanksRFC said:

Was through at Peebles open today, golf was pretty shite but a wee magic two made it worth the jaunt.  Lovely course and weather.

Only stopped bevying at 5 this morning and teed off at 10.20, you can guess the quality wasnt the best..

Going to Gourock open on Saturday, never played there either.

Do you like playing opens ? Something a must do more a usually play like a 40 handicapper when a go to different courses. 

9 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

Do you like playing opens ? Something a must do more a usually play like a 40 handicapper when a go to different courses. 

A never really go with much hope mate but I enjoy playing different courses.  Wee change from the usual Saturday medal.

RFC RYAN likes this

Caddied for my mate last night in the last team match of the year. Lanark v Drumpellier, Lanark needed to win to be champions and go up to the top division.

Won 9-1 so chuffed for them.

My mate won 3&2 and that was kind to his opponent. The 15th green was the first hole he never had a birdie putt on. Was a pleasure to watch.

My old boy was playing the senior open at our own course and someone phoned the shop complaining they were slow he was out with someone from Bellshill and Drumpellier my dad said the guy from Drumpellier went out in 85 front nine no wonder they were slow he went off at the 12th there was a guy from the committee waiting on them at the bridge and he said they weren’t that slow as the game in front had just walked past him. My dad said to the committee guy that the course was playing longer the day than it was the club championship a couple of weeks ago said every hole couldn’t get any longer then the committee guy said the greenkeepers didn’t have a clue. 

Asking myself why would you enter competitions having scores like that nevermind at other courses. 

44 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

My old boy was playing the senior open at our own course and someone phoned the shop complaining they were slow he was out with someone from Bellshill and Drumpellier my dad said the guy from Drumpellier went out in 85 front nine no wonder they were slow he went off at the 12th there was a guy from the committee waiting on them at the bridge and he said they weren’t that slow as the game in front had just walked past him. My dad said to the committee guy that the course was playing longer the day than it was the club championship a couple of weeks ago said every hole couldn’t get any longer then the committee guy said the greenkeepers didn’t have a clue. 

Asking myself why would you enter competitions having scores like that nevermind at other courses. 

😂😂😂😂😂 out in 85