Golf

kplfishtank

6 hours ago, lewislaudrup said:

Well decided to leave Aberdour golf club. Thinking of joining Leven links my only concern would be with over a thousand members it might be hard getting tee times so not worth the money.

Leven is a nice course, always enjoyed playing it in the past.

7 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

You played there mate? 

Yes a few years ago, very American feel to it, was one of the Oceanic Courses with The Old Course, Laguna, Pinhal, Millenium etc but they’ve all been taken over by Dom Pedro Golf. Done the Algarve to death so we’re going to Costa Del Sol next year. Same sort of  5 night 4 rounds of golf deal is £200 cheaper.

8 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Yes a few years ago, very American feel to it, was one of the Oceanic Courses with The Old Course, Laguna, Pinhal, Millenium etc but they’ve all been taken over by Dom Pedro Golf. Done the Algarve to death so we’re going to Costa Del Sol next year. Same sort of  5 night 4 rounds of golf deal is £200 cheaper.

Nice one. Favourite course? 

3 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Nice one. Favourite course? 

Probably the Old Course. Haven’t played the Pestana Groups courses but had a coffee on the patio of Alvor GC, course looked great and very quiet. Since Dom Pedro bought out Oceanic they’ve changed start times from 9min intervals to 8min, doesn’t sound much but it’s an extra 12.5% volume of players. Also played Vale do Lobo and Quinta Do Lago courses, they’re excellent. Only ones I’ve not really enjoyed were Christy O’Connor/Faldo courses.

1 minute ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

How does that work out ?

If you check my 2nd post at the top of this page it goes into it in a bit more detail but effectively the tweet covers it. In short the winner of the penultimate event of the Fed Ex starts the Tour finale from the first tee at -10 before any ball has been struck. Whoever qualified in 30th place (actually those 26th to 30th) start the Tour finale on Even Par, 10 shots behind. Personally I think it's a bit of a farce from a viewer's perspective (and also as a bit of a gambler). What are you watching for when a 30 man tournament realistically can only be won by a handful of players. Admittedly the players know beforehand and if you play well in the latter stages of the Fed Ex you gain an advantage (a massive advantage) but I just don't think it's great for the fans............