kplfishtank

Rangersmedia Golf Society

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

When I used to take it serious every range session meant something. 
I used to have my wee note book with me. 

Whether it was getting all my distances down for 1/2, 3/4, punched, full out shots, or working a draw or a fade. 

Or going only with the 4 wedges and getting my eye in.

At times I was playing all over so you get to know the courses you played so I used to mock play courses, Tee Off then play next from where you thought it would be from, everything but putting. Actually something Tiger does on the range. 

Sometimes just working on a specific shot that cost me shots in previous medal or event. 

Also think about the elements, use them as a challenge, work with and against the wind, practice punching under the wind and getting used to how much the rain pushes the ball down etc to getting use to clubbing in those conditions. 

Aye was practicing punch shots just not got a fade in my locker going to take my golf serious this year, felt good after the night. 

8 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Aye was practicing punch shots just not got a fade in my locker going to take my golf serious this year, felt good after the night. 

Im loving it again mate. Really pushing myself for the new season.

Been fitted for everything new in the bag, new putter the lot. Been at the range twice a week over winter so far, trying to play once at the weekend too. 

I’ve been doing a ball test to see what I want to play next season too.

No hit a ball in two months, booked a block of 5 lessons and first one is Wednesday night. Looking forward to getting back to it.

Last season was shocking so can't get any worse.

8 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Need a pair of waterproof trousers any recommendations that won't break the bank? Have Sunderland ones the now wouldn't be against getting another pair of them. What was the shop in Lanark called again? @bigsasasfloopyhair

Glenmuir mate, they have a factory shop in Lanark thats good.

11 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Need a pair of waterproof trousers any recommendations that won't break the bank? Have Sunderland ones the now wouldn't be against getting another pair of them. What was the shop in Lanark called again? @bigsasasfloopyhair

As @ShanksRFC said Glenmuir have a factory shop and some great deals.

Also, at this time of year check online as you get some great deals at this of year. 

RFC RYAN likes this

22 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Sunderland-Dolphin-Tour-Waterproof-Golf-Pants-Black.html#SID=3918

Decent deal there mate.

RFC RYAN likes this

On 15/01/2020 at 21:34, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

What ball are you all playing? 

Been on the TP5 for a while but I’m starting to dabble with others to see what they are like. 

I use a chrome soft truvis in the season this winter I have been using a proV1x but that's just cause I had it in my bag usually just use a tottie in the winter. 

Anyone got an electric trolley? 

I usually carry a bag but someone I know got a new trolley as his old ones battery broke so he gave me his old one which has been used 5-10 times max looks as good as new. It's a Motocaddy S1 will do me in the summer when it's warm or days a can't be arsed carrying the bag. Where is best to get a battery? not in a rush for one but will be getting one the next couple of months. 

10 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

I use a chrome soft truvis in the season this winter I have been using a proV1x but that's just cause I had it in my bag usually just use a tottie in the winter. 

I’ve been trying the chrome soft and z star over the winter to see if there is anything out there for small gains but I can’t see past the TP5. It’s a great ball. 

5 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Anyone got an electric trolley? 

I usually carry a bag but someone I know got a new trolley as his old ones battery broke so he gave me his old one which has been used 5-10 times max looks as good as new. It's a Motocaddy S1 will do me in the summer when it's warm or days a can't be arsed carrying the bag. Where is best to get a battery? not in a rush for one but will be getting one the next couple of months. 

Yeah I’ve used one for ages. I bought a powerbug one last year, lithium battery is smaller than a bag of sugar. 

Had a powacaddy one before.

Youll notice a difference in strength later in the rounds.

26 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Still TP5 for me.

Playing long reef golf club today, just north of Sydney 

Not jealous at all of you getting to play golf in warm weather. 

Enjoy. 

34 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Yeah I’ve used one for ages. I bought a powerbug one last year, lithium battery is smaller than a bag of sugar. 

Had a powacaddy one before.

Youll notice a difference in strength later in the rounds.

Aye my dad has one with a lithium battery probably the same battery you have as its tiny and very light. 

17 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Aye my dad has one with a lithium battery probably the same battery you have as its tiny and very light. 

Aye it weighs nothing mate. Really handy and easy to take about fir charging etc. 

What battery you looking for? 

2 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Aye it weighs nothing mate. Really handy and easy to take about fir charging etc. 

What battery you looking for? 

No really sure tbh. 

10 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

Not jealous at all of you getting to play golf in warm weather. 

Enjoy. 

Warm wet rain for 30 minutes. Nice course, greens were great. Hired clubs shite. Two brand new tp5s lost in the first hole , not happy driver stayed in the bag

6 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Warm wet rain for 30 minutes. Nice course, greens were great. Hired clubs shite. Two brand new tp5s lost in the first hole , not happy driver stayed in the bag

I can’t see past the TP5 tbh. It’s a great ball.

I want to like the chrome soft but just can’t get into it at all.

12 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I can’t see past the TP5 tbh. It’s a great ball.

I want to like the chrome soft but just can’t get into it at all.

Actually quite like the chrome soft. If I had to choose between a chrome soft and a pro v1, chrome soft every time for me 

RFC RYAN likes this

Just now, dummiesoot said:

Actually quite like the chrome soft. If I had to choose between a chrome soft and a pro v1, chrome soft every time for me 

Just need to ditch that Taylormade shite 👀