Golf

kplfishtank

On 19/12/2018 at 10:46, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I played the vice pros for a while.

Good balls to be honest, but you have to buy a shit load of them to be good value for money.

Overall I love the chromesofts so just sticking with them.

I had a fitting last week with my pro with whole bucket of balls looking through his technology at distance, compression, spin etc.

Went through Pro v1, 1x, Chrome soft, soft x, taylormade tp5 and x, Srixon Z star and x etc and I was surprised to see the one which was best suited to me and which I actually liked the feel of was the Srixon AD333 Tour.

Basically a tour ball with lower compression designed for a swing speed under 100mph.

Ive stuck a dozen in the bag and see how they play over the winter.

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I had a fitting last week with my pro with whole bucket of balls looking through his technology at distance, compression, spin etc.

Went through Pro v1, 1x, Chrome soft, soft x, taylormade tp5 and x, Srixon Z star and x etc and I was surprised to see the one which was best suited to me and which I actually liked the feel of was the Srixon AD333 Tour.

Basically a tour ball with lower compression designed for a swing speed under 100mph.

How was Lanark? You having to play off mats or from the rough?

25 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

How was Lanark? You having to play off mats or from the rough?

It’s still pretty good tbh mate.

Mats just now if playing from the fairways or just take it into the semi if want to. 

Playing short though with tees pushed forward to let others get a break.

29 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I play rocks in the winter, greens and fairways are soft no point playing decent balls.

2 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

I play rocks in the winter, greens and fairways are soft no point playing decent balls.

I found the fitting really interesting, difference between normal and x’s which until then I had no idea were meant for fast to really fast swings and are 4 piece construction too.

Seeing how one ball worked better off the tee and others for full iron shots. 

Anything for small gains.  

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I found the fitting really interesting, difference between normal and x’s which until then I had no idea were meant for fast to really fast swings and are 4 piece construction too.

Seeing how one ball worked better off the tee and others for full iron shots. 

Anything for small gains.  

True, went to American Golf for a fitting about 15 year ago, I’d been using stiff shafts for years. Asked what my swing speed was and I said about 102. Long story short it was about 86🙃 hadn’t been tested for about 10 years. Probably around 80 now so no point me playing ProVs. 

27 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Anyone got AP1’s ? At the bottom of my shaft with some clubs are pulling away. Only some clubs my PW is the worst out them all. 

Photo doesn’t really make it clear but it’s a good sized gap. 

31319D62-2DF6-4541-BC24-27734A5E1D42.jpeg

It’s just the glue starting to wear n losen mate. Give them into your pro and he will tidy them up, reset n seal them 👍

28 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

It’s just the glue starting to wear n losen mate. Give them into your pro and he will tidy them up, reset n seal them 👍

Cheers mate will see him tomorrow. Just noticed last Saturday, a couple doing it but not as bad as that one. 

15 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Went in before my round with my wedge and he took it played my round then put all my other clubs in, said he will sort them before my next game. Just wear and tear mate as you said. 

7 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Went in before my round with my wedge and he took it played my round then put all my other clubs in, said he will sort them before my next game. Just wear and tear mate as you said. 

Good news. Yeah they will tidy all up and reset them. Won’t be an expensive one either mate 👍

On 02/01/2019 at 14:46, RFC RYAN said:

Something is wrong with my clubs the pro sent my dad a message on Facebook will give him a phone tomorrow. 

Got my clubs back today didn’t get charged anything, going to get a new set this season anyway just not sure what yet. 39 points annoying as I went out in 21 points. 

26 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

Mate was saying Brunson Castle is closing. Shame we’ve had a few good days out at that course. 

Just too remote, cracking layout, played an Ayrshire winter league team match against The Girvan Lighthouse there. It is a great test of golf.