Golf

kplfishtank

Just had my putter fitting, that Sam Lab is clever stuff. 

Worked through current Putter for base line, then worked through 8 different putters from face balance to varying degrees of toe hang and length.

So 1inch longer, 34 to 35 inch shaft, moved from heavy toe hang to slight toe hang and from thinner grip to a bit thicker and bobs your uncle. Feels bloody good and great use of a lunchtime. 

So new Odyssey Stroke Lab number 7, compact fang style is now in the bag:

7AC76861-DAC6-4550-A220-91761AAA5558.jpeg

93EE48C4-0329-4A93-B2F1-8815255C04A9.jpeg

97FD1433-9311-432F-9A0D-4807507901D2.jpeg

7478AB19-126D-4D5C-A9D8-5297F5FFC32D.jpeg

On 23/02/2019 at 10:35, dummiesoot said:

Played amarilla yesterday, really enjoyed the track. Got the chipping and putting woes though. 

I stayed at the hotel there and played it. Nice course. Was really quiet when i played it. 

How you get on with the par 3 across the cliff? 😂

16 minutes ago, Skelf said:

I stayed at the hotel there and played it. Nice course. Was really quiet when i played it. 

How you get on with the par 3 across the cliff? 😂

Into the breeze a choked down wedge that landed pin high and spun back 20 feet. Cracking wee hole. 

Played adeje on the Saturday had the shakes after getting into my hotel room at 5 am, continued chipping and putting woes. Was windy scoring was that bad I won with 24 points

Golf Del sur, played the North and links courses, really enjoyed it, especially the links part. Won then as well. 

Need to get back into golf soon. Used to be not bad back in the day but having two young kids made me stop as couldn't justify the time it takes.

It has also become really expensive. How much does everyone pay in fees? Looking at around £600 for places near me. You need to play twice a week to justify it. 

45 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

£800 by the time the sgu fees, locker fees, bar top up and equipment fund £905 for me, due now 

Where you a member mate? 

We are going up £50 this year because of planned work to the course, clubhouse etc, but we haven’t had a rise in last 4-6 years.

£750 membership, £30 locker, £50 bar tab.

8 minutes ago, lewislaudrup said:

Where does everyone play? Im a member at leven links and im just over £500 for the year

Leven is a lovely trek mate. I’ve played it many times and always enjoyed it.

I play at Lanark. Actually don’t mind paying £750 as the quality of the course is excellent.

2 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Where you a member mate? 

We are going up £50 this year because of planned work to the course, clubhouse etc, but we haven’t had a rise in last 4-6 years.

£750 membership, £30 locker, £50 bar tab.

Elderslie, £750 for Lanark is brilliant. Courses around here are fairly expensive. 

9 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Elderslie, £750 for Lanark is brilliant. Courses around here are fairly expensive. 

I say 750 mate but the 50 increase is being voted on at the AGM this weekend. 

I hope it goes through as the money is needed for some major changes which will take the club on into the next 20-30 years.

25 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I say 750 mate but the 50 increase is being voted on at the AGM this weekend. 

I hope it goes through as the money is needed for some major changes which will take the club on into the next 20-30 years.

Still brilliant regardless. You need the extra fifty for clubhouse protection from that 18th tee 😀

2 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Still brilliant regardless. You need the extra fifty for clubhouse protection from that 18th tee 😀

😂😂 those windows are bullet proof!! Trust me I’ve hit them myself.

They have big plans for building a half way house, clubhouse redevelopment and some course changes too.

2 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

😂😂 those windows are bullet proof!! Trust me I’ve hit them myself.

They have big plans for building a half way house, clubhouse redevelopment and some course changes too.

Your greens are some if the scariest I have putted on, so quick at the height of the summer. Love the course, not the Heather...