Golf

kplfishtank

got a tie oin saturday and ive not played since last monday could be finished before the 14th

Look on the bright side, it's not too far to walk in from the 13th. tongue.gif

You better get some practice in before Vegas.

TT is Southern Dunes worthwhile playing i am over in Haines City in July, lovely villa on the course, overlooking the 2nd fairway from the pool!

Southern Dunes is very nice and a great test of golf. It's not typical of Florida courses as there is quite a bit of elevation changes. There is another course about 3 miles along the road called Ridgewood lakes also a great test. If Rangers are doing their east coast tour in July, I'll be there we can hook up for a game. If not I'm heading home to Scotland for July.

got a tie oin saturday and ive not played since last monday could be finished before the 14th

Look on the bright side, it's not too far to walk in from the 13th. :P

what golfing/drinking or both :D

Both (tu) I will arrive in Vegas around lunch on the 31st until the 7th. I'll book golf for the 1st and 3rd, the Davie Cooper memorial tournament is on the 4th. Let me know if you want any more golf. We'll need 2 Tee times as wee McLaren and big Graham from the nithsdale want to play as well.

Both (tu) I will arrive in Vegas around lunch on the 31st until the 7th. I'll book golf for the 1st and 3rd, the Davie Cooper memorial tournament is on the 4th. Let me know if you want any more golf. We'll need 2 Tee times as wee McLaren and big Graham from the nithsdale want to play as well.

no probs think 3 rounds will be enough will just be myself and john

im thinking of banging my clubs into my bag with my clothes as it still counts as 1 piece of luggage like i done for orlando when i met you

im thinking of banging my clubs into my bag with my clothes as it still counts as 1 piece of luggage like i done for orlando when i met you

Don't know if it's worth it. The rental clubs that you will get at the courses we will be playing will be quality. (Callaway, Ping or Taylor made) and reasonably new and you won't have the hassle of no golf bag etc. I know that of the 14 players I booked for the tounament only big Graham is bringing his own clubs and that is because he's having a holiday in Canada at the same time.

Don't know if it's worth it. The rental clubs that you will get at the courses we will be playing will be quality. (Callaway, Ping or Taylor made) and reasonably new and you won't have the hassle of no golf bag etc. I know that of the 14 players I booked for the tounament only big Graham is bringing his own clubs and that is because he's having a holiday in Canada at the same time.

spoke to john hes happy to play on these dates as long as its not early am tee times

wont take clubs as that way i can take a set home with me :wink:

You can't beat the older clubs, Ping, Titleist and Taylor Made, made some excellent clubs. I don't like all this new technology. Club heads are too big, too many different shafts... I like a simple small headed driver, thin bladed irons and an extra stiff rifle shaft.

Are bladed irons harder to hit ? Because I have struggled to get a hold bladed irons whenever I have used them :disappointment:

TT is Southern Dunes worthwhile playing i am over in Haines City in July, lovely villa on the course, overlooking the 2nd fairway from the pool!

Southern Dunes is very nice and a great test of golf. It's not typical of Florida courses as there is quite a bit of elevation changes. There is another course about 3 miles along the road called Ridgewood lakes also a great test. If Rangers are doing their east coast tour in July, I'll be there we can hook up for a game. If not I'm heading home to Scotland for July.

A game would be good TT if suitable (I may have two golfing kids with me!), i will probably play twice during my stay it may depend on how much i enjoy Southern Dunes whether I give ridgewood lakes a go.

You can't beat the older clubs, Ping, Titleist and Taylor Made, made some excellent clubs. I don't like all this new technology. Club heads are too big, too many different shafts... I like a simple small headed driver, thin bladed irons and an extra stiff rifle shaft.

Are bladed irons harder to hit ? Because I have struggled to get a hold bladed irons whenever I have used them 003.gif

They are but when you do hit them well they feel so much better than the cavity backs

A game would be good TT if suitable (I may have two golfing kids with me!), i will probably play twice during my stay it may depend on how much i enjoy Southern Dunes whether I give ridgewood lakes a go.

I'm pretty sure you'll stay at Southern Dunes then. More sand than the beach at Montrose and that is 6 miles long. ;);)

I'm pretty sure you'll want to play Southern Dunes a second time.

Are bladed irons harder to hit ? Because I have struggled to get a hold bladed irons whenever I have used them :disappointment:

Cavity backs are easier to hit, more forgiving, larger sweetspot... if you put a poor swing on a bladed club, then you'll know about it, although when you hit it right out the screws, it's a lot sweeter. End of the day, it's all about your swing, and timing.

Blades allow greater shot making, and I'd say they are that little bit longer, if you hit them properly.

My first set of clubs were blades, I've tried cavity backs before, and did not like them.

Just picked up a Titleist 680 Forged 2 iron from eBay for £12.99 in all - what a bargain!!!

I watched a documentary about golf clubs being made illegally and they looked the part but when the cut them open to see inside they were completely hollow and the angles were all wrong.

There is hundreds of thousands of these clubs being sold online. Has put me off buying any golf clubs on ebay.

Cavity backs are easier to hit, more forgiving, larger sweetspot... if you put a poor swing on a bladed club, then you'll know about it, although when you hit it right out the screws, it's a lot sweeter. End of the day, it's all about your swing, and timing.

Blades allow greater shot making, and I'd say they are that little bit longer, if you hit them properly.

My first set of clubs were blades, I've tried cavity backs before, and did not like them.

The feeling of hitting an blade iron perfect :praise:

For anyone going to the Vegas convention and playing in the Davie Cooper memorial trophy. Please see below.

All,

For those of you who have signed up to play, or have signed others up to play, please notify the players that we will be changing courses to now play at Rio Secco Golf Club. I know this is our second change and I will apologize for that, but the Harrah's Group made us an offer to upgrade to a better course with much better facilities and much more importantly, no change in price, please check the web site at www.riosecco.net

If anyone wishes to partake in their T-Mate program that will of course be at your own cost and does carry that familiar saying, "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas".

Tournament entry is now closed as we have reached our cap of 80 players, but if anyone wishes to drop out because of the change of venue, please let me know.

Follow Follow

Just picked up a Titleist 680 Forged 2 iron from eBay for £12.99 in all - what a bargain!!!

I watched a documentary about golf clubs being made illegally and they looked the part but when the cut them open to see inside they were completely hollow and the angles were all wrong.

There is hundreds of thousands of these clubs being sold online. Has put me off buying any golf clubs on ebay.

Not fake... :)

I hit it 236 yards yesterday, level, no wind...

• 2 weeks later...

we had one of our centenary days yesterday and there was a trick shot guy doing his stuff for about an hour

he was awesome hitting right handed , left handed and also left handed with a right handed driver-still hitting it further than me

he also done the flop shot that mickelson does with a driver and i would recommend seeing this guy jeremy dale

we had one of our centenary days yesterday and there was a trick shot guy doing his stuff for about an hour

he was awesome hitting right handed , left handed and also left handed with a right handed driver-still hitting it further than me

he also done the flop shot that mickelson does with a driver and i would recommend seeing this guy jeremy dale

That sounds excellent.

How much was it to book him?

We had somebody like that back in 2006 in our centenary year, think it was a different guy cant remember his name, but some stuff he done was awesome...and could drive the ball a mile :lol: