Another perception on recent claims by contacts/boss

Shipyard Blues

I don't want to make things out to be bad at all. We have the nucleus of a very good squad but people are concerned that the best parts of that squad may be dismantled. These concerns may prove to be unfounded but when the manager of the Club says things will get worse then it shouldn't surprise you that people ask questions.

How are you enjoying the role reversal Phil? Normally you're the one proclaiming everything is rosy in the garden!

I don't want to make things out to be bad at all. We have the nucleus of a very good squad but people are concerned that the best parts of that squad may be dismantled. These concerns may prove to be unfounded but when the manager of the Club says things will get worse then it shouldn't surprise you that people ask questions.

How are you enjoying the role reversal Phil? Normally you're the one proclaiming everything is rosy in the garden!

It's quite an experience. On FF the common theme seems to be impending doom whereas here it's almost the polar opposite. There must be a balance somewhere, surely?

HAS ANYONE mentioned the fact that we are guaranteed the CL money and will have the nucleus of our championship winning squad ,

whilst over the road they have just posted a financial loss which is going to get worse and the fact that as they have numerous loan signings THEY WILL have to start another rebuild come the summer ...

i know whos situation id rather be in ...

The choice isn't between our situation and Celtic's. Unfortunately, if we continue to sell our best players, and, more importantly, fail to replace them it will become increasingly difficult to retain our title.

nobody knows who we are gonna sell if any ,unless you do ..we can all guess maybe .

and if you dont think celtics situation matters then you are a bit deluded ..

its all about winning titles we are a football club incase you have forgot ,and if celtic have to spend again and rebuild

then their finances may not be too far off the mark of ours by then and thats not even taking into consideration

if we have new owners in place by then ..things then would be very different mate...

The choice isn't between our situation and Celtic's. Unfortunately, if we continue to sell our best players, and, more importantly, fail to replace them it will become increasingly difficult to retain our title.

Sorry, but we won't be selling any of our best players (or any players for that matter) between now and retaining our title......or do you mean the following season?

Sorry, but we won't be selling any of our best players (or any players for that matter) between now and retaining our title......or do you mean the following season?

I mean in the summer and beyond.

How the hell can Donald Muir be the "enemy" when he is trying to balance the books and keep the wolves from the door? :unsure:

This kind of sh*te is really wearing thin. :2gunsfiring_v1:

Because he is allegedly balancing the books with scant regard for what is left on the pitch.

Why did we not accept the bid for McGregor -- or whatever was put on the table for Boyd.? There was no bid for Davis? (Surely clubs see our condition and try to get our prize assets for a song?) I know I would.

Why dismantle the team? Surely the chances of recouping the money owed diminishes with every sale? Makes no sense... And of course, no firesale has happened. LIke RFC82... I think many are getting fed up with this pish... really. it is getting tiresome.

It's quite an experience. On FF the common theme seems to be impending doom whereas here it's almost the polar opposite. There must be a balance somewhere, surely?

www.gersnet.co.uk

You really need to read more threads on this site if you think the opinion on here is everything is rosy..... :lol:

Nonsense.

The future of this club lies partly with the youth. Unless you think we're above any sort of financial despair, I cannot imagine why you think that we could afford the size of squad we had 18 months ago.

This squad allows the likes of Wilson, Fleck, Wylde and Ness to develop, perhaps into the next £9m Alan Hutton. Surely a good thing?

Notwithstanding the fact that we're probably going to win the league by a country mile for the first time since Advocaat.....

I acknowledged the squad was oversized but I'm perplexed at how anyone can dispute it is now weaker.

I'm all for developing youth players but not just for the sake of it.

Amazes me what some find so hard to grasp here as its fairly obvious imo, We have been forced to scale down by the bank and to start living within our own financial limits, (same thing has happened to thousands of businesses all over Scotland), which the club have came out and said we are now doing, Plus the bank have imposed a business plan to pay back the debt plus interest which we are now working within also,(again the bank and club have stated this), WS will now have to manage the budget for the squad the best he can, which will inevitably have to include youth, as we dont bring in enough revenue to sustain a big squad of good quality experienced players given the way wages and transfer fees are going, We will continue like we are now for the forseeable future until a buyer is found or we get in some new revenues from elsewhere (ie get into a more lucrative league).

nobody knows who we are gonna sell if any ,unless you do ..we can all guess maybe .

and if you dont think celtics situation matters then you are a bit deluded ..

its all about winning titles we are a football club incase you have forgot ,and if celtic have to spend again and rebuild

then their finances may not be too far off the mark of ours by then and thats not even taking into consideration

if we have new owners in place by then ..things then would be very different mate...

Of course nobody knows, that's kind of the problem - the uncertainty.

I didn't say Celtic's situation doesn't matter.

Of course it's about winning titles, I'm the ultimate pragmatist in that regard which is why it concerns me that the current trend of selling players and not replacing them will continue.

Why did we not accept the bid for McGregor -- or whatever was put on the table for Boyd.? There was no bid for Davis? (Surely clubs see our condition and try to get our prize assets for a song?) I know I would.

Why dismantle the team? Surely the chances of recouping the money owed diminishes with every sale? Makes no sense... And of course, no firesale has happened. LIke RFC82... I think many are getting fed up with this pish... really. it is getting tiresome.

That's all well and good but we go back to the manager's comments about things getting worse. Did I dream this?

Amazes me what some find so hard to grasp here as its fairly obvious imo, We have been forced to scale down by the bank and to start living within our own financial limits, which the club have came out and said we are now doing, Plus the bank have imposed a business plan to pay back the debt plus interest which we are now working within also, WS will now have to manage the budget for the squad the best he can, which will inevitably have to include youth, as we dont bring in enough revenue to sustain a big squad of good quality experienced players given the way wages and transfer fees are going, We will continue like we are now for the forseeable future until a buyer is found or we get in some new revenues from elsewhere (ie get into a more lucrative league).

What our means actually are is another debate but I don't see much scope for optimism if we lose more players in the summer and don't adequately replace them.

We are a quality right-back down on the squad from 18 months ago.

On the other hand, we have;

A settled strike partnership.

Steven Davis coming into his own.

Kevin Thomson looking smashing again.

Fleck developing well.

The best young defender in Scotland.

Bougherra has replaced Cuellar effortlessly.

I don't think things are as bad as some seemingly want to make out.

Walter's outbursts were/are a big source of concern for me.

While I'm in no doubt that, like many clubs, finances aren't as rosy as they used to be, couldn't part of it just be Smith being extremely frustrated at dropped points?

Haven't his two main 'Doomsday Prediction' rants came after games where we haven't won when we really should have?

While I'm in no doubt that, like many clubs, finances aren't as rosy as they used to be, couldn't part of it just be Smith being extremely frustrated at dropped points?

Haven't his two main 'Doomsday Prediction' rants came after games where we haven't won when we really should have?

The one I'm referring to came after we beat St Johnstone to reach the League Cup Final.

Wahey!! I finally got to the end of this thread.

As an aside, and this may indeed not be the thread to ask, but Muir is getting quite a bit of stick, rightly or wrongly. He's a director of the club so it comes with the territory and he seems to be able to deal with it if recent events are to be believed. However, if he is the 'enemy', if he's an asset stripper who simply wants to see Lloyds paid back and SDM get something for his shares, then what's in it for him? Do people feel SDM is paying him to run the club down (deliberately or not) are the bank inventivising him or is he simply incompetent?

If we step back and look at football clubs in general they tend to attract reckless fools who promise much and deliver little, we've been lucky, we've tended not to attract that type much in our history. Why do we feel we have now?

We are a quality right-back down on the squad from 18 months ago.

On the other hand, we have;

A settled strike partnership.

Steven Davis coming into his own.

Kevin Thomson looking smashing again.

Fleck developing well.

The best young defender in Scotland.

Bougherra has replaced Cuellar effortlessly.

I don't think things are as bad as some seemingly want to make out.

The first one came after the 1-1 draw with Hibs in October. Muir had been appointed to the board and had his first board meeting (and outlined his plans) days before.

The second was after the semi final with St Johnstone which we won the other week I believe.

Hope this helps.

Amazes me what some find so hard to grasp here as its fairly obvious imo, We have been forced to scale down by the bank and to start living within our own financial limits, which the club have came out and said we are now doing, Plus the bank have imposed a business plan to pay back the debt plus interest which we are now working within also, WS will now have to manage the budget for the squad the best he can, which will inevitably have to include youth, as we dont bring in enough revenue to sustain a big squad of good quality experienced players given the way wages and transfer fees are going, We will continue like we are now for the forseeable future until a buyer is found or we get in some new revenues from elsewhere (ie get into a more lucrative league).

What our means actually are is another debate but I don't see much scope for optimism if we lose more players in the summer and don't adequately replace them.

Well the club have said that they are living within our financial limits so we can say our means are as it is now, The only scope for optimism is a new buyer or get out the SPL into a more lucrative league, We will only lose players if they want to go or WS deems it the best way to manage the budget, However its no surprise he is worried as we dont bring in enough revenue to sustain the type of squad we should have. Thats just in wages, it will be harder when it comes to finding money for transfer fees and he will just have to wheel and deal the best he can. I wouldnt be surprised to see Bougherra leave as he wants to go anyway along with McGregor,(if there is a high enough bid) both high earners and in 1 we have an adequate replacement in Alexander, So then he would have some money to try and get in some new faces and replenish the squad. Plus we should have the CL money coming in which will help next season but its after that when it will be much harder to get with the seedings and draw that will be a big worry if we havent got a buyer by then.

No problem, just checking.

I'm in no doubt that the one after the Hibs game was in part (at least) born out of frustration that day.

I could have kicked my car in after watching that, so Christ knows how Walter felt.

We may have an owner by then and things may be rosy .....

but we dont know so until then lets revel in the here and now and enjoy ..

Lads and Lassies

I made it perfectly clear why I registered on here , it was all to do with the protest at the weekend

Now to anyone who backed it or helped out , a huge thank you from the bottom of my heart

To those who disagreed , I respect their choice , I don`t agree with it but they are entitled to that opinion

I`ll say it again before I fuck off back over by , I`m aware that some think that this was orchestrated by ""others"" behind the scene , you are incorrect .

I care about nothing else in this , only The Rangers FC

WATP

Your efforts are to be applauded mate.

But you should have known that as soon as the FF owner's fingerprints were anywhere near it, there was always the chance it would turn to shit.

I'm in no doubt that the one after the Hibs game was in part (at least) born out of frustration that day.

I could have kicked my car in after watching that, so Christ knows how Walter felt.

Hope that's a typo and should read caT!! :)

Hope that's a typo and should read caT!! :)

No no, I was fucking furious at that game!

I could have panned in the (at the time) 1.5 ton piece of German brilliance no bother :lol: