Another perception on recent claims by contacts/boss

Shipyard Blues

If this meeting had been between these fans and SDM and the same answers were given the support would be up in arms , why is Muir being accepted when he has no track record at Rangers , will not give "on the record" meetings to journalists , not just tabloids but from the main broadsheets and even more worrying is hiding behind LLoyd's lawyers who are trying to intimidate newspaper editor's al the Herald and the Ecvening Times .

Far too many people are accepting wehat he said out of hand , this man lied at an AGM about trying to sell Davies to Birmingham , he is no saviour

Maybe they shouldn't write lies then....we are at two retractions and counting

As people well know print lies and lawyers will knock on your door.....Ask people who have lied about Sir David Murray, i'm sure they will tell you..... :)

The herald group have printed two retractions, on concerning Sir david murray being forced to step down the other about lloyds running rangers.

Rangers don't challenge made up transfer stories as they appear every day in downmarket tabliods. I didn't really think anyone believed the guff they write but there you go......

The Herald have printed no retraction over LLoyds running Rangers and no retraction about the part Muir is playing in this , go back and read it again .

And will you please tell me why you trust Muir when you have absolutely no idea what he is doing other than Contacts interpretation of a meeting which was behind closed doors and was confidential , contacts admitted there were things he couldn't report on

I don't need to read it again. I stand by what i said.

It's nothing to do with trusting Muir, i base what i think on the facts that are out there. I do not take them from the kiddie on consortium and what they drip feed through MB's........some people seem to believe every word of that.....

Contacts piece confirmed what i thought but i am not taking it as gospel, why would I.....

You stand by it because you cant back it up , you base your opinion on the fact there are no facts , you believe Contacts version of events fair enough but you refues to believe that these may be wrong or diversive , not malicious but like SDM used smoke and mirrors , and you also refuse to believe that our manager has briefed the press against Muir , these stories have been printed and attacked by LLoyd's lawyers NOTE LLoyd's lawyers and have NOT been retracted .

I admire your loyalty , to whom I dont know but blind faith is a very dangerous friend to have

lloyds lawyers are attackign stories about Rangers transfers, who told you this rubbish.... :lol:

I addmire your ability to spin a yarn but a fertile imagination can also be a very dangerous friend to have........

A tad confused

I see that a few references have been made about Mr Muir , Steve Davis and Birmingham and claims that they were on the protest statement / leaflets

I`ve just read the statement again but can`t see it , its still on the first page of this board for anyone who wants to check again

I don`t have a leaflet to hand so can neither confirm or deny it , but I`m pretty sure that neither myself or Northampton Loyalist spoke about it when we were talking about the press release

I`m willing to be proved wrong tho.

Are you aware that the meeting was also attended by a few of the most influencial and respected Rangers fans around? Do you think they would be willing to have their string pulled?

See my post above. There's claims that what contacts says does not tally up with their version of events.

What are the other versions of what was said? Important that we should know.

GCL can I also just add that I sincerly hope that at the end of all of this I am totally wrong about MUIR and that I have to appologise for getting my info wrong , I take absolutely no pleasure in writing and debating about what we are watching , which is our club being ripped to bits by waring factions .

I believe that who ever , if any , consortiums are interested they should make public their aims because they are doing the club and more importantly the support no good carrying on as they are , if they actually exist at all .

I believe that who ever , if any , consortiums are interested they should make public their aims because they are doing the club and more importantly the support no good carrying on as they are , if they actually exist at all .

Something we agree on finally, their whispering campaign does them no credit and has caused more proiblems than it's solved.

Something we agree on finally, their whispering campaign does them no credit and has caused more proiblems than it's solved.

and its something that those organising the protest called for as well ;)

Well i agree with them as well...... (tu)

If this meeting had been between these fans and SDM and the same answers were given the support would be up in arms , why is Muir being accepted when he has no track record at Rangers , will not give "on the record" meetings to journalists , not just tabloids but from the main broadsheets and even more worrying is hiding behind LLoyd's lawyers who are trying to intimidate newspaper editor's al the Herald and the Ecvening Times .

Far too many people are accepting wehat he said out of hand , this man lied at an AGM about trying to sell Davies to Birmingham , he is no saviour

As people well know print lies and lawyers will knock on your door.....Ask people who have lied about Sir David Murray, i'm sure they will tell you..... :)

The herald group have printed two retractions, on concerning Sir david murray being forced to step down the other about lloyds running rangers.

Rangers don't challenge made up transfer stories as they appear every day in downmarket tabliods. I didn't really think anyone believed the guff they write but there you go......

The Herald have printed no retraction over LLoyds running Rangers and no retraction about the part Muir is playing in this , go back and read it again .

And will you please tell me why you trust Muir when you have absolutely no idea what he is doing other than Contacts interpretation of a meeting which was behind closed doors and was confidential , contacts admitted there were things he couldn't report on

It's nothing to do with trusting Muir, i base what i think on the facts that are out there. I do not take them from the kiddie on consortium and what they drip feed through MB's........some people seem to believe every word of that.....

Contacts piece confirmed what i thought but i am not taking it as gospel, why would I.....

You stand by it because you cant back it up , you base your opinion on the fact there are no facts , you believe Contacts version of events fair enough but you refues to believe that these may be wrong or diversive , not malicious but like SDM used smoke and mirrors , and you also refuse to believe that our manager has briefed the press against Muir , these stories have been printed and attacked by LLoyd's lawyers NOTE LLoyd's lawyers and have NOT been retracted .

I admire your loyalty , to whom I dont know but blind faith is a very dangerous friend to have

lloyds lawyers are attackign stories about Rangers transfers, who told you this rubbish.... :lol:

I addmire your ability to spin a yarn but a fertile imagination can also be a very dangerous friend to have........

Lloyd's lawyers threatened the Editor of the Herald if they did not retract the allegations about Muir being placed on the board by LLoyd;s and also about Muir touting Davies to Birmingham they would face legal action, The herald told them to go ahead and take what ever action's they saw fit , Please show me the retraction in the Herald and I will appologise , it is certainly not me who is spinning yarns .

And I know what was said at the meeting from someone in the room , I am not coming on here to make an arse of myself , dont believe me if you dont want to but please back up your beliefs with something

What are the other versions of what was said? Important that we should know.

It's in the first post in this thread mate. Theres a paragraph entitled 'heres what contacts was really told'

I agree 100% with Jimenez on this. Great expense and effort has went to demand clarity and we find out someone has been to meet him and could have provided answers?

This isn't a go at anyone but by heck it sounds like a meal in an Edinburgh restaurant a few years back.

I don't know which side is telling the truth, if contacts wants to come out and provide a bit of clarity it woud be most welcome. I don't feel it's helpful to post an article like that, watch the community implode and stay silent.

GCL can I also just add that I sincerly hope that at the end of all of this I am totally wrong about MUIR and that I have to appologise for getting my info wrong , I take absolutely no pleasure in writing and debating about what we are watching , which is our club being ripped to bits by waring factions .

Thats a very fair comment. The one common in all of this for us fans is a love of The Rangers.There is some very heated debate on this thread and irrespective of which stance you take we are all hurting about the shambles we are in

So every Rangers website/group should now decline any chance of information unless it's being shared with everybody at the same time? Come on now, you've bought into the hatchet job on contacts hook line and sinker.

I make up my own mind on anything involving Rangers. I went to the BBC protests because I believed it was the right thing to do, similarly I have backed/contributed RM initiatives that i believed in. I believed in the process, after hearing what Smith said publicly I wanted answers from the horses mouth...

I don't buy into anyone's mindset and make up opionions for myself. Attending this meeting was the wrong thing to do and has only led to further divisions within the support.

On whose part? Most of the people I've spoken too have welcomed hearing someone has spoken to Muir personally, the further division hasn't been cuased by the meeting. Any division has been caused by the outrageous attack on RM, contacts & Boss by FF/RST.

You mention the BBC protests,they were the correct thing to do but certain websites/groups put self interest aside and their morals first by allowing deatils of the plans on their site and allowed support to be gathered. Much the same as the protest at the weekend, they also happen to be ones not slinging mud either.

If contacts has spoken out of turn after being asked not too then he won't be asked back, does that seem like someone putting himself first or not doing the right thing?

I've a lot of time for you Jiminez but some of your posts are out of order regarding the lunches etc The fact you assumed wrong doing on the part of contacts, wrongly though Boss was there etc suggests you've jumped in a bit here.

All of the claims made the RST/FF regarding the running of the club, muir etc have all turned out to be a lot of shite or have no substance to back them up. So why should we believe them now? The leaders of that are proven liars.

A tad confused

I see that a few references have been made about Mr Muir , Steve Davis and Birmingham and claims that they were on the protest statement / leaflets

I`ve just read the statement again but can`t see it , its still on the first page of this board for anyone who wants to check again

I don`t have a leaflet to hand so can neither confirm or deny it , but I`m pretty sure that neither myself or Northampton Loyalist spoke about it when we were talking about the press release

I`m willing to be proved wrong tho.

Sorry RWA if it was in my post it was about the Herald , nothing to do with the protest

The silence from these gentlemen is doing no-one any favours , it leads to nothing but speculation

I believe they should come out and tell us exactly what their plans are

not doing so means I`m unlikely to back them as I have no idea what the hell I`m voting for

doesn`t mean the club shouldn`t be speaking to us all at the same time

Lloyd's lawyers threatened the Editor of the Herald if they did not retract the allegations about Muir being placed on the board by LLoyd;s and also about Muir touting Davies to Birmingham they would face legal action, The herald told them to go ahead and take what ever action's they saw fit , Please show me the retraction in the Herald and I will appologise , it is certainly not me who is spinning yarns .

And I know what was said at the meeting from someone in the room , I am not coming on here to make an arse of myself , dont believe me if you dont want to but please back up your beliefs with something

I read the retraction, i don't still own the paper.... :lol:

As for banks lawyers challenging football transfer stories....where to start with that..... :lol:

The silence from these gentlemen is doing no-one any favours , it leads to nothing but speculation

not doing so means I`m unlikely to back them as I have no idea what the hell I`m voting for

Bain did speak to our fans reps last week, questions were answered. I would be very surprised if they answer MB speculation about Muir but you never know.

I would imagine the consortium are staying quiet in case anyone actually asks if they can afford to buy the club which i have heard they can't. May all be bollocks but there you go......

I think we all need to know what is going on and IF anyone is trying to buy our club. If a consortium exists why are they not showing themselves?

Bain did speak to our fans reps last week, questions were answered. I would be very surprised if they answer MB speculation about Muir but you never know.

I would imagine the consortium are staying quiet in case anyone actually asks if they can afford to buy the club which i have heard they can't. May all be bollocks but there you go......

fans reps :D

I`m not a member of the RST nor the RSA.

I`m just a dwarf pissing against the wind apparently

I read the retraction, i don't still own the paper....

As for banks lawyers challenging football transfer stories....where to start with that.....

The only retraction the Herald printed was that LLoyd's forced Murray to stand down from Rangers , as for your opinion on the other I dont really care if you dont believe , your entitled to your opinion's whether I agree or not , only I know you are wrong on this one .

I think I will leave this as there is no real point debating this further , I aint going to fall ouit with anyone over an opinion and at the end of the day , you have your own beliefs which I have no right trying to refute , so lets hope this all ends on a happy note with us winning the treble and a multi billionaire Rangers fan buying the club , well let's face it Carlsberg have managed just about everything else this year

I could have called them fan chiefs..... :D

I could have called them fan chiefs..... :D

call them what you want :D

my gut feeling is quite simple , and I`d point out that its just a gut feeling from me

Someone somewhere is being offered a carrot , I`d reckon that carrot is a seat at the big table .

I have no idea who is being offered , but I`d wager that they are willing to walk over the granny to get it

call them what you want :D

my gut feeling is quite simple , and I`d point out that its just a gut feeling from me

Someone somewhere is being offered a carrot , I`d reckon that carrot is a seat at the big table .

I have no idea who is being offered , but I`d wager that they are willing to walk over the granny to get it

You're gut feeling is very rarely wrong :D

This carrot has been offered before and the fans still haven't recovered.

A sorry mess.