Another perception on recent claims by contacts/boss

Shipyard Blues

gotta say, what a fekkin read this thread is, i would love to give my tuppence worth but id just make enemies, dunno why but think the misleading headline as im perplexed that a thread that looks like a personal attack turns to ANOTHER protest thread and interchanges about other forums etc and the elusive mr muir, as i say quite a read.

ill state where i am just as a member giving an opinion on where i stand, simples really, in the famous words of nanna, what a crock of shit, ill be looking forward to the end of season celebrations, lifting trophies aloft in the air knowing F***** scum will be loathing us at that moment, aw bliss can only describe that for me.

i know there may be troubled times ahead, but in reality lesser bucks to spend aint the end of the world, not for us in a league where i feel we could happily win league titles season on season with the squad we have and few youngsters coming through, the situation is as difficult as you want to make of it and as much as i respect others views, albiet quite flippant at times but as rangers fans i hope we all have the clubs best interests at heart.

one last thing, my view, i hate all this fekking squabbles, what gives anyone or any site the right to attack another forum where there own forum rules wouldnt allow this to happen at there end, let alone allow a different opinion.

peace

gotta say, what a fekkin read this thread is, i would love to give my tuppence worth but id just make enemies, dunno why but think the misleading headline as im perplexed that a thread that looks like a personal attack turns to ANOTHER protest thread and interchanges about other forums etc and the elusive mr muir, as i say quite a read.

ill state where i am just as a member giving an opinion on where i stand, simples really, in the famous words of nanna, what a crock of shit, ill be looking forward to the end of season celebrations, lifting trophies aloft in the air knowing F***** scum will be loathing us at that moment, aw bliss can only describe that for me.

i know there may be troubled times ahead, but in reality lesser bucks to spend aint the end of the world, not for us in a league where i feel we could happily win league titles season on season with the squad we have and few youngsters coming through, the situation is as difficult as you want to make of it and as much as i respect others views, albiet quite flippant at times but as rangers fans i hope we all have the clubs best interests at heart.

one last thing, my view, i hate all this fekking squabbles, what gives anyone or any site the right to attack another forum where there own forum rules wouldnt allow this to happen at there end, let alone allow a different opinion.

peace

[/quoteADMIN i just noticed i was logged on a different account, i have relogged on now but why did this become my log in when i aint used it in ages, strange one as i didnt even remember the name

<!--quoteo(post=1057702920:date=Feb 15 2010, 07:57 PM:name=therabbitt)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (therabbitt @ Feb 15 2010, 07:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1057702920"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1057702892:date=Feb 15 2010, 07:50 PM:name=nvager)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nvager @ Feb 15 2010, 07:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1057702892"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Lets end all this petty squabbling and wait for contacts to clarify his position.

Let's NOT get into a drawn out war between RM and FF as that is simply not needed or desired by any of the two forums.

Lets leave all the gnashing of teeth to the MOPES.

Let's lighten up and if we continue this "discussion" let's do it in a civil and decent manner.

Thanks all!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Contacts need not do anything though, it's 100% up to him. He wrote an article and I posted it onto the homepage for discussion; he's then been attacked from all quarters for doing so. What is the point in arguing the toss with people that will seemingly go to such lengths to discredit and tarnish a reputation (albeit online) of someone that wrote an article on a football forum/site.

This article and Boss' were a few days in preparation, any suggestion that they were hurried to quash or discredit the protest are simply incorrect.

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Agreed but imo it may well be better if he clarifies things a bit more. In the end I do think that FF are probably very annoyed that they were not included in the 5? people who met with D Muir. This is the crux of the matter imo.

Thats a strange assumption re none of the 5 being invited Why would any of the 5 then run to follow follow and make sure the information was aired in public. Was it a case of they sussed out a sheep in wolves clothing because they have certainly showed no trust in the person by ridiculing his events of the meeting

So everyone has taken the Huff with Contacts etc as he agreed to a lunch along with others who dont seem to be getting slated becasue they should have refused this as the protesters wanted the answers in public ? is that right ?

so a banner/s declaring that Muir is the enemy within was asking him what question exactly ? What was the actual answer you were looking for from this/these banner/s ?

just out of interest ?

So everyone has taken the Huff with Contacts etc as he agreed to a lunch along with others who dont seem to be getting slated becasue they should have refused this as the protesters wanted the answers in public ? is that right ?

so a banner/s declaring that Muir is the enemy within was asking him what question exactly ? What was the actual answer you were looking for from this/these banner/s ?

just out of interest ?

They are only in a huff with contacts, the other people at the lunch (who were planning to tell the fans nothing about it i presume even though they were demanding answers) are getting off scot free.

I wonder why that would be....... :sherlock:

No-one is in a 'huff' with contacts, people are rightly looking for clarity from BOTH sides. As contacts is relatively easily accessible here (!!) then that's why he's being mentioned.

There is an insinuation (in the first post of this thread) that contacts's information does not tally up with other attendees to this meeting and therefore this is why questions are being asked.

There's also perhaps a smaller side issue that this meeting (and subsequent article) took place just before the protest. I would think contacts was well aware of said protest, indeed support was asked for on this forum, yet made no attempt to contact the protestors (who went to some expense and time to organise) to make them aware that he may be in a position to get the clarity they sought.

Who are these other people and why are there sides of the story not printed on this website or others ? just out of interest seems "some" people are privvy to this info .....

No-one is in a 'huff' with contacts, people are rightly looking for clarity from BOTH sides. As contacts is relatively easily accessible here (!!) then that's why he's being mentioned.

There is an insinuation (in the first post of this thread) that contacts's information does not tally up with other attendees to this meeting and therefore this is why questions are being asked.

There's also perhaps a smaller side issue that this meeting (and subsequent article) took place just before the protest. I would think contacts was well aware of said protest, indeed support was asked for on this forum, yet made no attempt to contact the protestors (who went to some expense and time to organise) to make them aware that he may be in a position to get the clarity they sought.

Did you want Contacts to ask Muir if he was the "enemy within" ?

The other people at the meeting seem to be making themselves accessible when it suits, is their also a witch hunt against them, if not why not? At least contacts spoke. Did the others contact the protestors ?

They are only in a huff with contacts, the other people at the lunch (who were planning to tell the fans nothing about it i presume even though they were demanding answers) are getting off scot free.

I wonder why that would be....... :sherlock:

Sorry, but are you now saying that the people who are upset by the tone and timing of the "contacts" article are actually complicit in the shady goings on ?

From what i have picked up it seems that the article by "contacts" was seen as an attempt to muddy the waters and cause the protest to be diluted due to the "don't panic, everything is o.k." message offered by said article.

The people behind the protest didn't have this info due to them being "normal" fans and not the "ubber elite" who get invited for tea and scones.But this info was then countered by "others" who happen to have the inside track on said meeting and report that what "contacts" article portrayed was actually not quite how it was, or planned to be.

Further more the information that we now have available from this secret meeting would indicate that there is an even greater need to gain access to the exact detail of what is going on with our club and why certain people are doing what they are ie Mr Muir.

The fact that the 4 others present have withheld this information from the general support is what happens when you have "secret" meetings, maybe they left the meeting and thought "bull-sh*t", maybe they just felt obliged to hold the agreement but they haven't offered the Rangers support some candy stick to suck on either ?

Perhaps you know who the other 4 were ? perhaps "contacts" will tell you(us) via the board ? And maybe your hint of "envy" about one group being in on the plot and crusade to earn a tie and blazer is well founded, or perhaps the ones at the meeting are viewed by some as having personal gain as their main goal rather than the best for the Rangers ?

I don't know but i do know that I want to know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth - sadly so far i now know less than i did prior to this article but i certainly have greater fears than i did then.

I'm clearly not clever enough to use the multi-quote.

Orangeclement & Token:

The Enemy Within is/was nothing to do with the protest. The protestors cannot stop other people making up banners.

There's no witch hunt against anyone. Throughout the whole thread I've indicated that clarity needs to be given and sought after on BOTH sides and from all parties present at this meeting. Given that contacts is a well known poster in the online community I don't think it's unreasonable to ask this here. Also, as he has already provided information from a supposedly confidential meeting then you would assume he has no problem clarifying this and answering any questions to the contrary? I would assume (always risky!) that this would be why the other members of this meeting have not spoken up.

I'm clearly not clever enough to use the multi-quote.

Orangeclement & Token:

The Enemy Within is/was nothing to do with the protest. The protestors cannot stop other people making up banners.

There's no witch hunt against anyone. Throughout the whole thread I've indicated that clarity needs to be given and sought after on BOTH sides and from all parties present at this meeting. Given that contacts is a well known poster in the online community I don't think it's unreasonable to ask this here. Also, as he has already provided information from a supposedly confidential meeting then you would assume he has no problem clarifying this and answering any questions to the contrary? I would assume (always risky!) that this would be why the other members of this meeting have not spoken up.

Thats fair enough but you say Contacts info doest tie up with the other 4 , have you got pivvy to what the other4 have said ? i have never seen it anywhere or are you taking "someones" word for it that it doesnt ?

The reason for this thread was an article that is a witch hunt. The reason you are posting here is this witch hunt. Without it you wouldn't be here .....

I could draw comparisons to "secret" meetings other organisations have had with the club over the years where they drip fed information to the support and then hid behind the guise of confidentiality if question were asked. That explanation was accepted slavishly over the years, strange that has changed. Ho hum.

OOA, on RM please refer to posters by their RM moniker. Your propensity to do otherwise is neither big nor clever. Thanks.

Sorry, that's what I know him as. It's the first time I've done it. Didn't mean to cause offence and don't see why any should be taken but consider my wrists slapped :D

Apologies GCL.

I'm not taking anyones word on anything. The information that they have is in the first post on this thread.

I haven't believed anyone over anyone else. All I see is two conflicting stories which need to be clarified given the severity of the situation.

I see only a personal attack on this website and a member of the site , maybe i am "missing" the info :unsure:

just to be clear here i am on NO side of this debate im one of the ones in the middle that gets caught up in all te shite going on between the "uber fans" .

Join the club mate.

Perhaps it would have been better if I hadn't named myself similar to my FollowFollow name, then I might have been allowed to engage in reasoned debate without being called a 'fool' 'lickspittle' or 'lapdog' to a man I've never met and barely conversed with.

C'est la vie.

I'm not taking anyones word on anything. The information that they have is in the first post on this thread.

I haven't believed anyone over anyone else. All I see is two conflicting stories which need to be clarified given the severity of the situation.

I see only a personal attack on this website and a member of the site , maybe i am "missing" the info :unsure:

There is no info, and Barry221 didn't write that article.