Another perception on recent claims by contacts/boss

Shipyard Blues

Not to my knowledge mate. I believe it's roughly around £10-£12m in total.

You may be right. I was always under the impression that the £10M, that always seems to be quoted for CL, was for competing only and didn't include gate receipts, TV money etc...

im kind of curious with regards to the protest, i understand the aims of the protest and the reason behind the protest but i aint convinced that the protest i saw take place, however small the minority were taking part, was directed in the correct manner, we had debate after debate on here regarding this exact issue and when i saw the protest there were no questions, no demand of answers but just personal attacks on a board member, what even worries me most is there were action to take donations from fans whome were under the impression that the banners would be asking for answers albiet i was personally told there was facts regarding the issue at the time regarding muir,s position but was never shown any, and constantly aking only to get told nothing factual, just that the facts are there.

can someone now tell me what the facts are since the protest has past, or are there still no facts, maybe jelle or the likes can answer as he is the one that told me time and time again the facts are there, im sure like most if i were shown facts i could put this matter to bed

'NO MUIR SILENCE!'

'Rangers we will be with you'

'Murray Muir Lloyds, unholy trinity'

What about any of those is attacking a Rangers board member?

Isn't it £10M (approx) for entry to the CL and TV revenue added on top of that (bigger the slice depending on if Hibs get through qualifying :P).

Touche :D

Not to my knowledge mate. I believe it's roughly around £10-£12m in total. This season we received in the region of £2.5m extra direct from Uefa because Celtic did not qualify. This would intimate to me that we received approx £5-6m for competing, roughly £1million per home game gate receipts and then the bonuses for picking up points (not very high in our case :()

Perhaps bluedell or boss could clarify on that.

Unsure, I just know the figure being bandied about everywhere is we get an extra £10mil when the scum dont make it. I have no idea of the breakdown between entry money, tv revenues, win/draw money, and of course extra ticket sales etc

im kind of curious with regards to the protest, i understand the aims of the protest and the reason behind the protest but i aint convinced that the protest i saw take place, however small the minority were taking part, was directed in the correct manner, we had debate after debate on here regarding this exact issue and when i saw the protest there were no questions, no demand of answers but just personal attacks on a board member, what even worries me most is there were action to take donations from fans whome were under the impression that the banners would be asking for answers albiet i was personally told there was facts regarding the issue at the time regarding muir,s position but was never shown any, and constantly aking only to get told nothing factual, just that the facts are there.

can someone now tell me what the facts are since the protest has past, or are there still no facts, maybe jelle or the likes can answer as he is the one that told me time and time again the facts are there, im sure like most if i were shown facts i could put this matter to bed

'NO MUIR SILENCE!'

'Rangers we will be with you'

'Murray Muir Lloyds, unholy trinity'

What about any of those is attacking a Rangers board member?

The highlighted one is fantastic, the other 2 can/could be construed as personal attacks on Muir, who is on the board, and the last one especially could be. I would if it was aimed at me.

UEFA Champions League 2009/2010:

Bonus for domestic champion: 200.000 € *

1st qualifying round: 130.000 € *

2nd qualifying round: 130.000 € *

3rd qualifying round: 130.000 € *

Playoffs: 2.100.000 € *

Group stage: 7.100.000 €

Group match victory: 800.000 €

Group match draw: 400.000 €

1st knock out round: 3.000.000 €

Quarter-finals: 3.300.000 €

Semi-finals: 4.200.000 €

Final: 5.500.000 €

Winning the final: 3.500.000 €

* = These payments were only awarded to the clubs which quould not qualify for the UEFA Champions League group stage!

The remaining balance of € 341 million will be distributed according to the proportional value of each TV market, i.e. € 750,7 milion will be distributed from the group stage onwards (five times more than in the UEFA Europa League).

UEFA Europa League 2009/2010:

1st qualifying round: 90.000 €

2nd qualifying round: 90.000 €

3rd qualifying round: 90.000 €

Playoffs: 90.000 €

Group stage: 1.000.000 €

Group match victory: 140.000 €

Group match draw: 70.000 €

1st knock out round: 200.000 €

2nd knock out round: 300.000 €

Quarter-finals: 400.000 €

Semi-finals: 700.000 €

Final: 2.000.000 €

Winning the final: 1.000.000 €

Bloody Hell. :disappointment:

I had been given a heads-up about this thread as early as Monday (15th Feb) yet this morning (Thurs 18th) was my first opportunity for a look-see - and to be honest I'm sorry I did.

I got as far as page 17 on this thread and had to call a halt as my eyes were bleeding and I felt I'd wasted an hour of my life just going through the claims and counter claims this thing entails.

So here's my take on things so far (that is.....as far as I could suffer reading).

Someone posted an article somewhere that had a go at 'Contacts'. It ended up as a copy & paste job on RM. The 'true' author of said article is still to be identified.

By page 17 I still hadn't seen 'Contacts' name appear - has he joined this discussion or has he done what I would suggest if he were speaking with me now, that is, stayed clear of it?

The inter-website animosity has been unhelpful, but not unexpected. RM Admin should have/could have chopped this thing while the umbilical chord was still warm (Sorry guys, but that's how I see it). It is clear that there are very strong personal issues between some of the participants and it looks like that isn't about to change.

I used to post on FF but I now no longer log on for a look-see.

Debates like this one (the one I've just wasted an hour of my life on) are the reason why.

I had high hopes for RM as an independent website and I will continue to do so, but if I can offer some advice to my fellow, quote, "high heid-yins", end quote, let this one come to an end, please, the RM profile is being dragged into a petty discussion started elsewhere and, it appears, started for all the wrong reasons.

In other words - lock this sucker.

Yours, still bleeding,

CanadianBacon

PS. There is no 'PS'. ;)

Bloody Hell. :disappointment:

I had been given a heads-up about this thread as early as Monday (15th Feb) yet this morning (Thurs 18th) was my first opportunity for a look-see - and to be honest I'm sorry I did.

I got as far as page 17 on this thread and had to call a halt as my eyes were bleeding and I felt I'd wasted an hour of my life just going through the claims and counter claims this thing entails.

So here's my take on things so far (that is.....as far as I could suffer reading).

Someone posted an article somewhere that had a go at 'Contacts'. It ended up as a copy & paste job on RM. The 'true' author of said article is still to be identified.

By page 17 I still hadn't seen 'Contacts' name appear - has he joined this discussion or has he done what I would suggest if he were speaking with me now, that is, stayed clear of it?

The inter-website animosity has been unhelpful, but not unexpected. RM Admin should have/could have chopped this thing while the umbilical chord was still warm (Sorry guys, but that's how I see it). It is clear that there are very strong personal issues between some of the participants and it looks like that isn't about to change.

I used to post on FF but I now no longer log on for a look-see.

Debates like this one (the one I've just wasted an hour of my life on) are the reason why.

I had high hopes for RM as an independent website and I will continue to do so, but if I can offer some advice to my fellow, quote, "high heid-yins", end quote, let this one come to an end, please, the RM profile is being dragged into a petty discussion started elsewhere and, it appears, started for all the wrong reasons.

In other words - lock this sucker.

Yours, still bleeding,

CanadianBacon

PS. There is no 'PS'. ;)

Amen to this; I have struggled through this thread and felt like an complete outsider in a strangers family feud.Thanks CB for one of the few sensible posts.

<!--quoteo(post=1057701691:date=Feb 15 2010, 03:13 PM:name=papaguy51)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (papaguy51 @ Feb 15 2010, 03:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1057701691"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's like a Artur Boruc-sized ball of candy floss.

Lots of digesting, but very little fulfillment.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It obviously worries me a bit more than most on here then. I think we need to keep an open mind from both angles and not fully commit to either those on FF or RM if thats how "sides" can be boxed. Probably a bit of truth in all.

I am worried people are being maniuplated, I just hope someone is strong enough to stand up and say enough. This is only about Rangers nothing else.

I think it's why we really need clarity and should demand it.

Well you should have worried a bit more about it happening to yourself then.

Your post makes no sense having read it about 3 times, forgive me if I dont

try for a 4th time.

It smacks of "the party line" somewhere else.

Lets just face it the RST (membership unknown)and pals will never have a say in the

way our club is run (the underlying goal imho) - subterfuge and underhand tactics wont help.

Good half yearly results btw - i'm sure you must be ecstatic,

Its obvious Clarity will never be sought between the 2 boards. One side has a story which they firmly believe, the other side has a story which the firmly believe but there are fans in the middle reading both sides and looking for answers from both parties and you can only do that by challenging both forums. The sad situation is "there is clandestine meetings with people who have been portrayed has high profile and influential Rangers fans" Reading into this it seems none "them" are absolved from blame.Five supposedly influential folk cannont bring back to the table honest direct information to the REAL fans!!! I walk down the same rd on a sat, I climb the same stairs, I sit in the same seats, I pay the same my money, I cheer Rangers throughout 90 mins. None of them are more influential than me. I want to know whats happening to the club ive followed for 45 yrs home away abroad and I depend on certain folk releasing certain information but this crew seem to be releasing information as a means to justify their own end. If they want a Blazer and tie I will buy them one but if any of you are reading and what you are doing is not for the best interest of the club then I hope you sleep well the rest of your days as a so called Rangers fan

Pissed off Pig in the middle non influential Rangers fan

And theres the rub - the "fan on the board" campaign was driven by one group of people

who wanted to further their own ends.

I laugh when I read about "consensus of opinion" on FF.

Its no surprise theres a consensus as dissenters are regularly banned.

Its obvious Clarity will never be sought between the 2 boards. One side has a story which they firmly believe, the other side has a story which the firmly believe but there are fans in the middle reading both sides and looking for answers from both parties and you can only do that by challenging both forums. The sad situation is "there is clandestine meetings with people who have been portrayed has high profile and influential Rangers fans" Reading into this it seems none "them" are absolved from blame.Five supposedly influential folk cannont bring back to the table honest direct information to the REAL fans!!! I walk down the same rd on a sat, I climb the same stairs, I sit in the same seats, I pay the same my money, I cheer Rangers throughout 90 mins. None of them are more influential than me. I want to know whats happening to the club ive followed for 45 yrs home away abroad and I depend on certain folk releasing certain information but this crew seem to be releasing information as a means to justify their own end. If they want a Blazer and tie I will buy them one but if any of you are reading and what you are doing is not for the best interest of the club then I hope you sleep well the rest of your days as a so called Rangers fan

And theres the rub - the "fan on the board" campaign was driven by one group of people

The consensus of this banned poster from FF is that some of that "group of people who want to further their own ends" have moved into Rm and now trying to exert their influences here!!! funny how the very subject i got a life ban from FF for 'their hatred of all thing SDM' is surfacing in some threads on this forum today????

The consensus of this banned poster from FF is that some of that "group of people who want to further their own ends" have moved into Rm and now trying to exert their influences here!!! funny how the very subject i got a life ban from FF for 'their hatred of all thing SDM' is surfacing in some threads on this forum today????

The policies of some other sites leave a lot to be desired in terms free speech.

come on get a fuckin grip ,this must be the biggest waste of internet space ever 30 pages of shite..

theres more interesting threads elsewhere that are losing out big time ..

junebug started one on "anybody got any decent knitting patterns" and noone has replied ...

so get a fuckin grip and pay attention to more meaningfull threads ffs..

come on get a fuckin grip ,this must be the biggest waste of internet space ever 30 pages of shite..

junebug started one on "anybody got any decent knitting patterns" and noone has replied ...

Sometimes you make me laugh. This was one of them times.

Sometimes you make me laugh. This was one of them times.

hey cut down on the "sometimes" lol

would love to see how many are furiously looking through the site now looking for junebugs thread...lol

The policies of some other sites leave a lot to be desired in terms free speech.

Can anyone name ALL in attendance at the meeting or is that confined to secrecy?

It seems most folk 'know someone' who was at this meeting! How many folk were there FFS did it happen at half time in the centre circle <cr>