Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NOLUWDC

Copy and pastes off Wikipedia

9 posts in this topic

Do you think we should do it for some pages?

Personally, I think if we are going to copy and paste then it should be from other Rangers sites so it's written from a Rangers perspective, if you get what I mean.

Don't like copying straight off it, only the Rangers related bits I sometimes take. Think it looks stupid on Rangers Pedia when it says "Bobby Brown was a Scottish footballer who played for Rangers". That's what the wiki articles start like.

we need to check for things like that then

I don't know which pages are from Wiki but I just went on Scot Symon's and William Wilton's page and you can tell they are from there because it says: (born Largs, Ayrshire, 9 June 1865; died 2 May 1920). :BELM:

i think Name And Shame is needed :craphead:

* (cur) (prev) 00:25, 21 February 2010 BasileBoliSoup (Talk | contribs | block) (6,099 bytes) (→Biography) (rollback | undo)

* (cur) (prev) 04:51, 27 January 2010 Steve2368 (Talk | contribs | block) (6,297 bytes) (undo)

* (cur) (prev) 14:55, 8 September 2009 Tommy2212 (Talk | contribs | block) (6,234 bytes) (undo)

* (cur) (prev) 11:38, 8 September 2009 Tommy2212 (Talk | contribs | block) (6,217 bytes) (Created page with '180px == Scot Symon == James Scotland Symon (9 May 1911 - 30 April 1985) was a Scottish football player and manager. He started his professional caree…')

:craphead:

I suppose we had to get something up when we first started. All the copy and pastes off Wiki will change once RP gets more built up. :)

Forgot to say, if you can find articles about players from other sources such as The Herald, The Times etc... then that's better than Wiki because it gives you an insight instead of basic info. :)