Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Muff

***The Official Tennis Thread***

16,234 posts in this topic

Tomas Berdych v Andy Roddick in the Sony Ericsson Open final later on today.

Rafa Nadal beaten in the semi's again :(

Watched the first set of that match and thought there would only be one winner. Then went out for a bit and checked the result later that night to find Roddick had won the next 2 sets <cr>

Won't be long until Roland Garros.

Andy Roddick beat Tomas Berdych 7-5, 6-4 in the final of the Miami Masters.

yeah seems to have lost his spark , needs to sort his head out i think

yeah seems to have lost his spark , needs to sort his head out i think

One thing I have never seen from Murray, is a lack of will to win.

Today I seen that from him, he looks a defeated man before the game has started. Hopefully he can snap out of this state of mind soon.

His head is a mess, his game is all over the place, his attitude is poor, he cannot serve (37%), his forehand is horrific, he doesn't have a game plan, he is far too defensive, and negative, and he now doesn't have any confidence.

I've been saying this for a good few years now, as had DB, but he needs to get rid of Miles Maclagan and the rest of his team, they are way out their depths!

but but he gets to play foot tennis with them :rolleyes:

but but he gets to play foot tennis with them :rolleyes:

He also warms up with a short game of volleyball... because it's good for his movement :rolleyes:

Yep Murray has to ditch Miles Maclagan and the rest of his team, they have took him as far as they can.

Murray got booed off I saw.

Looked and sounded like a horrific performance.

Yep Murray has to ditch Miles Maclagan and the rest of his team, they have took him as far as they can.

They should have been ditched when they gave him the wrong diet, and fitness regime before one of the Majors in 2008.

Can't remember what one it was (either the Aussie or US) but they got it wrong, and Murray struggled throughout the competition, especially with tirdness and sickness. That Jez Green is hopeless.

They should have been ditched when they gave him the wrong diet, and fitness regime before one of the Majors in 2008.

Can't remember what one it was (either the Aussie or US) but they got it wrong, and Murray struggled throughout the competition, especially with tirdness and sickness. That Jez Green is hopeless.

Murray made the final of the 2008 US Open I think, it must have been the Aussie.

The other top players are performing no better. Has a bit of a confidence crisis but to start calling for him to ditch his coaching team is a bit OTT in my opinion. He will get over it and once he does this little slump will be forgotten. Can't wait for the journalists to start having a dig tomorrow though.

Think it was the Aussie open that it was the wrong diet and fitness regime, cause in the US he made the US final.

As you said earlier, we both were wanting changes in his coaching set up long before that. The writing was on the wall that Miles Maclagan etc, who done a good job taking him up a notch from where he was. but in the long term he wasn't the right person to take him to that next level of winning a major.

Murray has to ask the question, do I want a major or do I stick with my mates.

Murray really needs to get his head together, maybe take a break from Tennis for a while. All his shots were awful and he is far too negative.

I miss him when he beat Djokovic to win his first MS title, he was so attacking :disappointment:

Vamos Rafa :clap: :clap: :clap:

Took Fernando Verdasco apart, 6-0, 6-1 in the final of the Monte Carlo Masters.

Hopefully that is his injury problems behind him, because his game look's to be back on track :)

Brilliant to see Rafa back to his winning ways again! Let's hope he can reclaim No.1 as soon as possible and beats that chump Federer in Paris! Would also love them to be in the same half of the draw for Paris :D

Brilliant to see Rafa back to his winning ways again! Let's hope he can reclaim No.1 as soon as possible and beats that chump Federer in Paris! Would also love them to be in the same half of the draw for Paris :D

:rolleyes:

How fast was Nadal yesterday , great to see him win and hopefully he can kick on from here, Nadal over Fed for me anyday

just lost 6-3 6-4 in the Rome Masters by Ferrer.

He didn't look good at all today. He has been poor since he lost the final.

agree mate just has not got over it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0