Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Muff

***The Official Tennis Thread***

16,239 posts in this topic

Murray just cant compete with the top 2 anymore. They are leagues upon leagues ahead.

:lol:

Rafa unplayable today Murray done well to get at least 6games.

Rafa is on fire and Murray still doesn't have the fitness he had before surgery. My money is still on him for Wimbledon

Rafa is on fire and Murray still doesn't have the fitness he had before surgery. My money is still on him for Wimbledon

I said it after he won Wimbledon that I suspect he'll win at least another once possibly more!

He's done well over the French Open in all honesty, you just can't do anything against Nadal on this kind of form.

Oi Alan, your wean was born today and you're watching the tennis? :lol:

In my defence, she was born yesterday morning :pipe:.

I said it after he won Wimbledon that I suspect he'll win at least another once possibly more!

He's done well over the French Open in all honesty, you just can't do anything against Nadal on this kind of form.

Thought with his draw that 4th round was possible so I think he's done great. In my opinion he's the favourite for wimbledon. Best grass court player

In my defence, she was born yesterday morning :pipe:.

Congrats!! Great timing for the late kick offs at world cup. You can kindly volunteer to do nights :D

Sharapova just shouted "come on!" on the first point of the match. On her own serve.

Odd to think that the only slam Sharapova has won twice is on her weakest surface :lol:.

Murray just cant compete with the top 2 anymore. They are leagues upon leagues ahead.

On clay, certainly.

I think he's very possibly the best grass courter in the world.

Sharapova just shouted "come on!" on the first point of the match. On her own serve.

I hate her

Odd to think that the only slam Sharapova has won twice is on her weakest surface :lol:.

7 of her last 10 titles were on clay. At what point do we acknowledge that maybe it's not her weakest surface any more? :P

On clay, certainly.

I think he's very possibly the best grass courter in the world.

I'd love to see him play Federer at Wimbledon again, assuming Federer doesn't go out early (which he may well do).

I'd love to see him play Federer at Wimbledon again, assuming Federer doesn't go out early (which he may well do).

Absolutely pumped him at the Olympics. Which is what he would have done wimbledon final until they closed the roof

Absolutely pumped him at the Olympics. Which is what he would have done wimbledon final until they closed the roof

Murray had just lost the second set when the roof was closed. Might still have beaten him but he certainly wasn't going to be "pumping" him that day.

Let's all remember the moment that Federer played the most beautiful shot in history.

Mauresmo is Andy's new coach, going to be interesting to see how this goes...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...tennis/27753849

Andy Murray appoints Amelie Mauresmo as coach

British number one Andy Murray has appointed former women's world number one Amelie Mauresmo as his new coach.

Mauresmo, 34, is currently France's Fed Cup captain and will initially work with Murray for the grass court season.

Murray, 27, will start the defence of his Queen's Club title next week before defending his Wimbledon crown.

"I'm excited by the possibilities of the new partnership and Amelie is someone I have always looked up to and admired," the Scot said.

"She's faced adversity plenty of times in her career, but was an amazing player and won major titles, including Wimbledon.

"I have a very strong coaching team already in place, but I think Amelie brings with her experience and tactical expertise and will push us all to improve.

"Everyone I know talks very highly of Amelie, as a person and coach, and I'm convinced that her joining the team will help us push on - I want to win more Grand Slams."

Murray has been without a coach since the departure of Ivan Lendl in March and has announced Mauresmo's appointment after losing in the French Open semi-finals.

"I'm really excited to be able to work with Andy," added Mauresmo, who is a former Wimbledon and Australian Open champion, and once coached Frenchman Michael Llodra.

"He's an amazingly talented tennis player and I feel I have plenty to offer both him and the team around him.

"I'm looking forward to getting down to work and helping him win more Grand Slams."

Predictions for Nadal-Djokovic? Thinking Nadal in 5.

Nadal in 3 :P

Nadal in 3... 4 at a push

I just thought Djokovic was extremely unlucky not to beat him there last year and he's done well against him on clay this year. Although Nadal completely obliterated Murray.

I think Rafa will win, but I think if someone can beat Rafa on clay, Djokovic is probably the only bloke on the planet, other than a 100% fit Del Potro that could.

Wow Djokovic breaks. Nadal actually seems a bit nervous today.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0