Sign in to follow this  
Muff

***The Official Tennis Thread***

Two quick points on serve 6-5 and Nadal is suddenly serving his last set point :lol:

Two quick points on serve 6-5 and Nadal is suddenly serving his last set point :lol:

If Federer had shown half as much fight in his service games he'd be winning this. Amazing how he lets Nadal get to him.

Missed so many simple shots today, not something you can get away with vs Nadal.

If Federer had shown half as much fight in his service games he'd be winning this. Amazing how he lets Nadal get to him.

Federer gets stage fright against Nadal.

Every fucking time.

I'd argue Federer is losing this match a lot more than Nadal is winning it.

Federer gets stage fright against Nadal.

Every fucking time.

It's funny though, because I believe Djokovic will slaughter Nadal, and Federer doesn't get stage fright against Djokovic. I don't know why he has let Nadal in his head. There is no reason why Federer at his best can't still beat Nadal at his best on a hard court.

I'd argue Federer is losing this match a lot more than Nadal is winning it.

Agree.

It's funny though, because I believe Djokovic will slaughter Nadal, and Federer doesn't get stage fright against Djokovic. I don't know why he has let Nadal in his head. There is no reason why Federer at his best can't still beat Nadal at his best on a hard court.

I agree it's odd.

I recon now that Nadal is always favourite against Federer, Djokovic will always be favourite against Nadal, but Federer will be favourite against Djokovic.

Second half of that service game was unreal from Federer.

He really does look like it's just a practice match sometimes, and not, you know, the semi final of a major :rolleyes:

I agree it's odd.

I recon now that Nadal is always favourite against Federer, Djokovic will always be favourite against Nadal, but Federer will be favourite against Djokovic.

The stylistic match-up is a problem for Federer and always has been, he just can't handle Nadal's left-handed forehand into his one-handed backhand, but that can only account for so much. It doesn't explain his poor serving, his unforced errors etc. This is all psychological. He is not as mentally strong as he once was. And that will hurt him in future against Djokovic too, because if the US Open semi-final showed anything, it's that Djokovic has got nerves of steel. That return of serve winner when Federer had match point (and Federer's subsequent collapse) summed up better than anything what Federer once had and has now lost.

I agree it's odd.

Its like rock paper scissors, fed beats djok, djok beats rafa, rafa beats fed. I really thought Fed would win this, but the longer it goes Rafa will win, hes relentless.

Its like rock paper scissors, fed beats djok, djok beats rafa, rafa beats fed.

:lol:

I really thought Fed would win this, but the longer it goes Rafa will win, hes relentless.

Oh, absolutely. Even if Federer manages to take the fourth he has almost no chance, and that won't be a shortcoming of his, nobody can be expected to go 5 with Nadal.

Its like rock paper scissors, fed beats djok, djok beats rafa, rafa beats fed.

And where does Murray fit into it all?

Federer started this match in blistering form but Nadal has dragged himself well and truly back into it.

Great match

Federer started this match in blistering form but Nadal has dragged himself well and truly back into it.

Great match

Murray fits into it as a special fourth option, "acid rain", which corrodes rock, paper and scissors but only rarely and never when it matters.

Murray fits into it as a special fourth option, "acid rain", which corrodes rock, paper and scissors but only rarely and never when it matters.

:lol: Very good.

Some unbelievable tennis here. How often is Federer going to hit that net cord though

Great match

Murray isn't as yet really in the equation, especially in the big tournaments. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong, but I expect Djokovic to blow him away in straight sets.

Murray isn't as yet really in the equation, especially in the big tournaments. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong, but I expect Djokovic to blow him away in straight sets.

Agreed.

Murray has looked better year on year. This year for example he's pretty much cantered to the semis.

Doing it against one of these three is the acid test though.

Certainly looks fitter again this year but I'm not sure if he's there mentally.

How does Nadal even get to some of these, yet alone make some of these returns?

I think he's on his way here.

Sign in to follow this