Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

templbluenose

mp3s

i saw the to do list about an mp3 player on rangerspedia.

i had a look on wikki and it turns out wikki does not allow mp3 format, only .ogg files. this is not a problem in itself as you can convert mp3 files to ogg format no problem,howver i tried to upload .ogg file of wolverhampton town and it is 4.2 mb which is too big to upload.

i suspect that all converted song files will be to big to upload.on wikki files are 100mb

admin is there anyway to increase the size of upload? if not i suspect we will not be able to hear rangers songs on rangerspedia :(

wikki uploading files

I have got on to Badger as he needs to edit a file on the main server that RM and RP is on. he couldn't find it and submitted a ticket.

However what i did do was add the option to upload MP3's.

Maximum file size: 2 MB Permitted file types: png, gif, jpg, jpeg, wmv, mpeg, mpg, pdf, doc, avi, zip, rar, ogg, mp3.

How about a youtube account for rangerspedia where you can upload the songs (and videos of games, a different topic in itself) which can be linked on the page?

At the moment there is an extension added that allows mp3s to be streamed on a page. Good for songs and for things like the Helicopter Sunday speech that can then be listened to on the page. Uploading the mp3s to Rangers Pedia would be better. (tu)