Grand National Betting

papaguy51

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't really looked too much into it yet, will probably do so on Saturday, but got 3 out of the first 4 last year between me and my wife and son (my son got the winner by picking out the number at random!!)

I do like however sticking with horses that have form in previous Nationals, and that means Comply or Die will be at the front of my mind this year after being first and second the last two years.

Can't Buy Time @ 25/1

Arbour Supreme @ 16/1

Dream Alliance @ 40/1

I have stuck my bets on Can't Buy Time and Dream Alliance each way as I think the odds will shorten. Not too sure if the odds will lengthen on Arbour Supreme so I'll wait and see.

I'll stick money on whatever horse is number 9 as well. Think its Niche Market.

Not sure about today yet. I put £2 e/w on Enlightenment (16/1) in the 4.20 @ Aintree yesterday just because I liked the name and it came in 4th, so I got a tenner back. Put the same £2 e/w bet on a horse called Pistollet Noir (16/1) in the 5.30 just because it was Walsh/Nicholls and it came really close, finnishing 3rd, so again I got a tenner back. Those were the only two bets I made and in fact are the only two bets I've made on the horses in the past 15 years. Couldn't believe my luck! :D

I put about £18 worth of bets on.

I should make a profit regardless :lol:

25p each way on all horses from 80/1 upwards - you just never know!

For all the races at Aintree today is that?

No, just the National tomorrow.

Tony Mccoy is going to be using 'Dont Push It', so I will put a punt on that... I got 'Hello Bud' and 'Canna Castle' in my work sweepstake so gonna put a £1 them as they are fairly high odds

Going to put the most money on 'Black Apalachi' I think and maybe 'Comply or Die' based purely on previous history