Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TunnyLoyal

Travel Club

361 posts in this topic

have they said anything about a possibly change in european match ticket pick ups ?

i dont fancy that at all.

have they said anything about a possibly change in european match ticket pick ups ?

i dont fancy that at all.

nothing has been confirmed but because of romania it was decided this was best option for sevilla

i personally prefer to have my ticket in my pocket walking thru glasgow airport

There is going to be a meeting early in the new season like the forum that took place just prior to Seville.

This has been confirmed recently at the last Assembly meeting.

I would suggest anyone with any ideas on how to improve things for European travelling Bears, get them to the Assembly soon, via either their website or your local rep (no laughing, apparantly we all have one!)

Good thread this though, and worth pointing out that the way the tickets work is that the travel club decide how many they need to fill whatever size/quantity of aircraft they are using, and the rest go to independants/buses.

This is why someone on no points can get to go on the official flight, while someone on 6 or 7 will get a knock back for an independant, as essentially they are two completely separate lists. If the venue for the match is an easy one to get to, travel club members with no points would be advised to pay the extra and go official trip. If it is a difficult place to get to, independants should be fine as demand is always much lower for difficult places.

Another option is to travel by Supporters Club Bus. As long as you are a travel club member, and the bus (Nithsdale & Kinning Park are the main 2) is accepted by the Travel Club for European Travel, you should be fine for a ticket for most venues.

fantastic info Gary, cheers (tu)

I will be joining the travel club next season and really hope to get at least one away trip!

cheers mate :praise:

no money to even think about joining next season but the season after that i'll definetely be looking into it

Anyone know what season gets wiped this year?

Is it the Kaunas season or Uefa Cup Final season?

If it goes the same as the last few years it will be 2007/8 (the Uefa Cup Final season) that gets wiped, so Kaunus, Stuttgart, Bucharest and Seville will count.

A big leveller if it happens, some of us will lose 10 points :craphead:

Fuck, i'm going to lose 6 points this season. Think i'll be back down at 4. :(

4's maximum though.

Those of us who went to Kaunus will be at an advantage, assuming we were at all three this season.

One good thing to come out of fkn Kaunus.....

4's maximum though.

Those of us who went to Kaunus will be at an advantage, assuming we were at all three this season.

One good thing to come out of fkn Kaunus.....

Ah right, i'll be on 3 then. Missed Seville. (tu)

Armchair fan :mad:

Student dis-Loyal, couldn't even afford the bus trip. :(

Just aswell, took 10 years off my life that trip.

All these cunts moaning about flights getting cancelled and driving 14hrs should have seen the nick of us coming off the bus in the City Centre after a 36hour slog on the way home.

If your over the age of 25 and travel by plane yer gay

:beer1:

Just in case you're thinking of going into PR for the bus trips, don't bother ;)

Just in case you're thinking of going into PR for the bus trips, don't bother ;)

That was a slog and i'd encourage anyone that hasn't done a bus trip to do so, theyre actually a really good laugh.

Just not Southern Spain.

I noticed on the T&C's for this season that if the official Thomas Cook flights are oversubscribed, seats will be allocated by date of booking.

ie First come - first served.

I don't think this was the case last year, as I had to wait till quite near the time to know if I had been accepted for Stuttgart, and then I was told it was full and they were putting on another flight - at £15 more!

It looks like TC are trying to get as many as possible on the official flight, and as soon as possible.

If it goes the same as the last few years it will be 2007/8 (the Uefa Cup Final season) that gets wiped, so Kaunus, Stuttgart, Bucharest and Seville will count.

A big leveller if it happens, some of us will lose 10 points :craphead:

im going into administration as ive heard you only lose 9 points for that

Couldn't say for sure Den, but I have a vague recollection that I had 11 points at the beginning of the season, that would be kaunus + the previous season, but I could be wrong.

They might not have given a point for Manchester because everybody in the TC got a ticket?

Couldn't say for sure Den, but I have a vague recollection that I had 11 points at the beginning of the season, that would be kaunus + the previous season, but I could be wrong.

They might not have given a point for Manchester because everybody in the TC got a ticket?

no mate it was 11 points but i think that taking 10 off is a boot in the balls

i think there should be no games taken off and if your at 25 points then it proves over a 5 year period that you deserve to get a ticket

new folk joining can build a points at the games where we get a large allocation and by applying and getting knockback point for more difficult games

no mate it was 11 points but i think that taking 10 off is a boot in the balls

i think there should be no games taken off and if your at 25 points then it proves over a 5 year period that you deserve to get a ticket

new folk joining can build a points at the games where we get a large allocation and by applying and getting knockback point for more difficult games

.......................or booking with Thomas Cook where yer guaranteed a ticket/place.

That picking up the ticket from the hotel in Seville was a complete waste of time and money.

After being told there would be no way bears could buy tickets,what did we find when we got to the stadium?...Another big section had been allocated for bears without tickets.

No finding taxis to and from hotel for them,no finding hotel to pick up tickets for the game for them.

Pissed me right off it did,don't get me wrong its great that all bears who went managed to get into the match but the hassle that us travel club members have/had to put up with gets on my goat.

rant over. :ph34r:

That picking up the ticket from the hotel in Seville was a complete waste of time and money.

After being told there would be no way bears could buy tickets,what did we find when we got to the stadium?...Another big section had been allocated for bears without tickets.

No finding taxis to and from hotel for them,no finding hotel to pick up tickets for the game for them.

Pissed me right off it did,don't get me wrong its great that all bears who went managed to get into the match but the hassle that us travel club members have/had to put up with gets on my goat.

rant over. :ph34r:

i agree with a lot of your rant

imo they had to justify the amount of staff they took to sevilla

we were lucky as our hotel was in walking distance to our pick up point and we all got 12pm to pick up tickets and place was emptier than celtic stadium last week

All these cunts moaning about flights getting cancelled and driving 14hrs should have seen the nick of us coming off the bus in the City Centre after a 36hour slog on the way home.

The thought of 36 hours on a bus listening to captain cupcake shouting 'we are the people' intermitterntly would probably drive me insane :lol: Really want to do a euro away trip next season although being in 4th year at uni may mean its not gonna happen :(

The thought of 36 hours on a bus listening to captain cupcake shouting 'we are the people' intermitterntly would probably drive me insane :lol: Really want to do a euro away trip next season although being in 4th year at uni may mean its not gonna happen :(

Thats why we feed him sleeping pills :pipe:

imo they had to justify the amount of staff they took to sevilla

I think they also felt that they had to be seen to do something after the trouble in Bucharest.