Sign in to follow this  
TunnyLoyal

Travel Club

Great explanation mate. you've put me in the mood for a euro trip next season. only been abroad with the teddy bears once lets just say it was and experience sitting in the lyon end while they watch there team get beat 3-0. no amount of bottles and cups thrown at us could deflect beasleys majestic run though ! :) WATP

If I get my apprenticship my first full year is al college so holidays should be easy.

I think the opposite. When I was serving my time, my work would let me go to euro away trips as long as I didn't miss any college at all.

College is the most important part.

Didnt know that at all. I thought it would be the opposite but you live and learn.

Didnt know that at all. I thought it would be the opposite but you live and learn.

Yep! (tu)

having not been able to travel to europe (job probs)for the last few years i am now in a position to do so, but no way on earth do i want to use THOMAS CROOK TRAVEL i could have had a week in seville last year for the same price as their day trip .

There fore the way i see it is that if i want to go independently to an away game i will have too book and pay for my flights and hotel first then apply to the travel club for a ticket . and possibly not get one , therefore out of pocket . or if i use thomas cooks cattle style get em in 'get em out ' trips i am gauranteed a ticket

can anyone advise me i really wanna just go myself .

That is correct. You could face losing out especially as this is your first year in the Travel Club and you will have 0 points.

They have you by the balls for the first couple of seasons.

That is correct. You could face losing out especially as this is your first year in the Travel Club and you will have 0 points.

What about if you decide to go by bus? When you apply do you just say I'll travel with the KPL for example or do you need to book your seat first and then SD sends a list to the TC, how would it work exactly in that instance?

What about if you decide to go by bus? When you apply do you just say I'll travel with the KPL for example or do you need to book your seat first and then SD sends a list to the TC, how would it work exactly in that instance?

Basically big Cocker Spaniels is guaranteed enough tickets to fill his bus as the KPL and Nithsdale are the only 2 official euro trips buses. If they are taking a 50 seater and he applies for 50 tickets he then has to supply 50 travel club numbers for each person travelling.

You don't contact Rangers, he does it all for you.

Basically big Cocker Spaniels is guaranteed enough tickets to fill his bus as the KPL and Nithsdale are the only 2 official euro trips buses. If they are taking a 50 seater and he applies for 50 tickets he then has to supply 50 travel club numbers for each person travelling.

You don't contact Rangers, he does it all for you.

Cheers Gaz, may even do this next season hopefully other commitments wont get in too much in the way! Would be an even better experience if you were on the bus too :wub:

I will be travelling to at least 1 euro trip by KPL bus. There is a large squad of between 15-20 from Tannochside who will be as well.

Gary I will get my annual holidays if i am at college for the full year I would expect. Also when i go i will not be mentioning rangers.

I will be travelling to at least 1 euro trip by KPL bus. There is a large squad of between 15-20 from Tannochside who will be as well.

Is the bus always full or is there empty seats ?

having not been able to travel to europe (job probs)for the last few years i am now in a position to do so, but no way on earth do i want to use THOMAS CROOK TRAVEL i could have had a week in seville last year for the same price as their day trip .

There fore the way i see it is that if i want to go independently to an away game i will have too book and pay for my flights and hotel first then apply to the travel club for a ticket . and possibly not get one , therefore out of pocket . or if i use thomas cooks cattle style get em in 'get em out ' trips i am gauranteed a ticket

can anyone advise me i really wanna just go myself .

thats the risk independant travellers take

i agree that its not a great way to go but the day trip or 1 night stay suits some folk myself included thats why we do it

Gary I will get my annual holidays if i am at college for the full year I would expect. Also when i go i will not be mentioning rangers.

College holidays are the same as school holidays.

Is the bus always full or is there empty seats ?

I have travelled with the KPL abroad 9 times and it has always been full.

Fantastic bus.

rangersgary mister c and airdrierangers on the kp bus

need to make sure im defo flying to that game

It's ok for me, we cover the back 20 seats so I won't be sitting next to the 2 squibs. :P

I could very well be joining them depending on how skint i am come next season.

im hiring my own plane to make sure i dont need to go on this bus

There is no fucking way you could handle the bus any more anyway, auld yin!!

Do non season ticket holders still get tickets if they pay £25 or is that £25 just to keep the points they have so next time the get a season ticket they can keep their points.

There is no fucking way you could handle the bus any more anyway, auld yin!!

fecking inverness and aberdeen seem like a euro journey to me

Do non season ticket holders still get tickets if they pay £25 or is that £25 just to keep the points they have so next time the get a season ticket they can keep their points.

No they have the same rules but just pay more to join as they don't have a season ticket.

non season ticket holders have the same rights as season ticket holders

its your points total that get you the ticket

Well at least we would have captain cupcake to keep us entertained! ;)