**Group C** - Including Final Game Chat

simon

Algeria_Flag.gif

Algeria

FIFA World Ranking: 30th

Previous Best: Round 1 (1982, 1986)

Coach: Rabah Saâdane, this is incredibly his fifth stint as the head coach of the Algerian national team.

Star Player: Karim Ziani (Wolfsburg),

Players to watch: Madjid Bougherra (Rangers)

Trivia: A common misconception with the Algerian national team is that they are more important than The Rangers, this is false.

rangersfansi23 prediction: 1st Round.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

england_flag_01.gif

England

FIFA World Ranking: 8th

Previous Best: Winners (1966)

Coach: Fabio Capello, a highly succesful manager who has won an astounding 15 major titles, which include league titles in both Italy and Spain.

Star Player: Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)

Players to watch: Aaron Lennon (Tottenham Hotspur) James Milner (Aston Villa)

Trivia: England have actually only every won the World Cup once, they are very modest though and don't like talking about it.

rangersfansi23 prediction: Quarter Finals.

slovenia%20flag.gif

Slovenia

FIFA World Ranking: 25th

Previous Best: 1st Round (2002)

Coach: Matjaž Kek, he was in charge of NK Maribor who play in the Slovenian league from 2000-2006. He then took charge of the under 15's national team, then under 16's before taking charge of the first team.

Star Player: Robert Koren

Players to watch: Andraz Kirm (Wisla Krakow) Zlatan Ljubijankic (Gent)

Trivia: The Slovenian team's nickname is the Green Dragons.

rangersfansi23 prediction: Group stages.

US%20Flag.gif

USA

FIFA World Ranking: 14th

Previous Best: 3rd (1930)

Coach: Bob Bradley, he started coaching American college teams then moved up to the MLS for nine seasons with three seperate teams (Chicago Fire, MetroStars, and Chivas USA) before taking charge of the under 23 national team then moving on to the first team in 2006.

Star Player: Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy)

Players to watch: Maurice Edu (The Rangers) Jozy Altidore (Villareal)

Trivia: The USA under Bob Bradley have never failed to reach at least the final of any tournament they’ve entered.

rangersfansi23 prediction: Quarter Finals.

USA 7pts

England 4pts

Algeria 3pts

Slovenia 1pt

USA will beat England and Slovenia & draw with Algeria.

England will beat Slovenia and draw with Algeria

Algeria will get 3 draws.

not bad reasoning mate,not bad at all.....it's sensible.

150.000€ for each player if ALGERIA qualify to the second round.that's the chairman of the algeria F.A who has decided this.

i think its hideous......let them play for the flag mister rawrawa for fok's sake.....they've already got 200.000€ for making it to the world cup,another 50.000€ for the semi-final,brand new car each......etc

Is there a difference between '1st Round' and 'Group stages'?

don't know exactly whatyou mean,but there's 4 rounds to get to the final.......you qualify if you're 1st or 2nnd of your group to the 1/8,then 1/4,then 1/2,then oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee FINALEEEEE

US won 3-1 against Australia today in a friendly. They looked good going forward, but the defense is still a major concern and thankfully Marcus Hahnemann won't be starting in the WC because he was awful. Ricardo Clark also looked to have picked up an hamstring injury so I'd guess his status is questionable, even though I'd prefer Edu started anyway.

I think the US will lineup like this against England next week

Howard

Cherundolo--DeMerit--Onyewu--Bocanegra

Dempsey--Bradley--Edu--Donovan

Altidore--Buddle

If Altidore's ankle keeps him out or he can't start, I'd probably move Dempsey up top and put Holden in midfield. And if Onyewu can't start, I guess I'd start Goodson in center defense :anguish:

Algeria just beat UAE 1-0, Algeria fans = :praise:

did you see the 15000 or so screaming mad fuckers,they came from all over,some ovem came from algeria just to say goodbye to the boys(england fans beware of the boughyboys).they're off manana straight from munchen to durban,,,,,boughy has had a canny game.guess what?he played right back :wink: :wink: :wink:

Algeria just beat UAE 1-0, Algeria fans = :praise:

did you see the 15000 or so screaming mad fuckers,they came from all over,some ovem came from algeria just to say goodbye to the boys(england fans beware of the boughyboys).they're off manana straight from munchen to durban,,,,,boughy has had a canny game.guess what?he played right back :wink: :wink: :wink:

Only saw the last 30mins or so how did he play?