Zurab Khizanishvili - would you bring him back?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda feel bad for Zurab, he always said that he was more of a defensive midfield player than a defender. I would take him back if he would accept low wages and if it meant pushing Whitaker forward.

Players are never as good when they come back...

I wouldn't bring him back due to his injury history.

Kenny Miller? :)

Really?

His stats and general standard of play haven't altered much. The main difference I can see is that the expectation levels of many in our support have fallen, allowing him to look acceptable.*

*This opinion is purely based on his footballing ability and isn't influenced by him being a mercenary, Judas cunt.

I kinda feel bad for Zurab, he always said that he was more of a defensive midfield player than a defender. I would take him back if he would accept low wages and if it meant pushing Whitaker forward.

Whittaker is a right back, not the best defensively but he did ok towards the end of the season. I don't like him in midfield, whether its the right or left, he's a waste of space out there. Ideally we would have a better right back, but the management chose to spend £2m on Whittaker and he's all we have, unless we play Broadfoot, which I'd rather not see.

Can we not just sign players, play them in their preferred positions and get on with it, instead of shoehorning them all over the park, just to fit others in - we are bad for that and no wonder our starting 11 most weeks lacks width, shape, balance...

I look forward to the day when we sign players we require, play them in their proper position and do not move them about the place just to fit in certain people.

Whittaker is a right back, not the best defensively but he did ok towards the end of the season. I don't like him in midfield, whether its the right or left, he's a waste of space out there. Ideally we would have a better right back, but the management chose to spend £2m on Whittaker and he's all we have, unless we play Broadfoot, which I'd rather not see.

Can we not just sign players, play them in their preferred positions and get on with it, instead of shoehorning them all over the park, just to fit others in - we are bad for that and no wonder our starting 11 most weeks lacks width, shape, balance...

I look forward to the day when we sign players we require, play them in their proper position and do not move them about the place just to fit in certain people.

Just realised my post made no sense at all there (drunken post). Now that I think about it a bit more I don't think he is what we need. We have enough defensive midfield players and if we were to play him at centre back he isn't really the fastest or the strongest tbh.

He is still a good player, however I'm not sure he is what we need. However depending on his wage demands he is a player that can do a good job in a number of positions and is a better player than Broadfoot.

Really?

His stats and general standard of play haven't altered much. The main difference I can see is that the expectation levels of many in our support have fallen, allowing him to look acceptable.*

*This opinion is purely based on his footballing ability and isn't influenced by him being a mercenary, Judas cunt.

Aye, sure it isn't

Really?

Aye, sure it isn't

It's not. That is why I emphasised the point.

Can you honestly say that he has been any different in his second spell at the club, apart from starting many more games?

He has always shown plenty of endeavour and scored in streaks with barren spells in between where he couldn't hit a barn door.

Really?

Aye, sure it isn't

Can you honestly say that he has been any different in his second spell at the club, apart from starting many more games?

He has always shown plenty of endeavour and scored in streaks with barren spells in between where he couldn't hit a barn door.

Do you remember his first spell?

He scored over 20 goals last season and his all round play has been excellent

Really?

Aye, sure it isn't

Do you remember his first spell?

He scored over 20 goals last season and his all round play has been excellent

I do remember his first spell. He scored about a dozen goals in as many games before being unable to hold down a place in the side.

He scored half as many in 08/09 as last season and it would come as no surprise if he returned to that sort of tally next year. He has never done it back to back in his whole career.