Chris Eagles - MultiMerge Thread

Ibroxblue

was havin a quick look over the sky sports rumor room, ye gotta laugh at some of the things that are said on the site,

alan smith to celtic!!

And this one about rangers Heard that Rangers are after free agent Markus Rosenberg, also close to signing Hamiltons James McCarthur. there could be an ambitious move to sign Harry Kewell as he wants to return to Britain and finally heard from Danny Swansons brother that he is in talks with Rangers.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If eagles isnt on our list of targets it wouldnt be on SKY SPORTS NEWS !! <cr> lol.

That comment was wrote by my friend in regards to the Daily Express saying we are not intrested in Eagles

Progress.

He will be a great player in the SPL, definitely a player who will improve our squad. Finally a player who can beat a man and put a cross into the box. Can also score a goal or two! :)

I have seen Eagles a few times, but something I would like to know, because it is completely gone from my mind, can Eagles take a decent free-kick?

Rangers have begun talks with Burnley as they bid to make Chris Eagles their first signing of the summer.

The Championship club confirmed on Wednesday they have received a "formal approach" from the Scottish champions for the winger.

The 24-year-old joined Burnley from Manchester United in 2008 and has a year left on his current contract at Turf Moor.

Reports suggest he would cost the Ibrox side around £1.3million, with Rangers set to earn £2million from the sale of Kevin Thomson to Middlesbrough.

A statement from Burnley read: "Burnley Football Club can confirm it has received a formal approach from Scottish Premier League champions Rangers for winger Chris Eagles, who has just 12 months remaining on his current contract at Turf Moor.

"The two clubs are now in negotiations."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/10/07/14/SOCCER_Rangers.html

Had a snoop on a Burnley forum there.

Most of them agree that he is skillful and unpredictable but hit and miss (what winger isn't?)

A few also said that a good man manager could really help him find consistancy and if he finds that then he's an undoubted asset.

Although I think his consistancy will be an issue, on the whole l would be pretty chuffed if this happens.

1.3 million for a versatile wide man who will bring in a decent fee in two or three years of he continues to improve is exactly the type of signing we need to make.

Having an unpredictable winger on the flank, aswell as more creativity in the middle of the park as a result of Davis moving infield can only be a good thing.

Still though the end is near eh? :rolleyes:

Had a snoop on a Burnley forum there.

Most of them agree that he is skillful and unpredictable but hit and miss (what winger isn't?)

A few also said that a good man manager could really help him find consistancy and if he finds that then he's an undoubted asset.

Although I think his consistancy will be an issue, on the whole l would be pretty chuffed if this happens.

1.3 million for a versatile wide man who will bring in a decent fee in two or three years of he continues to improve is exactly the type of signing we need to make.

Having an unpredictable winger on the flank, aswell as more creativity in the middle of the park as a result of Davis moving infield can only be a good thing.

Still though the end is near eh? :rolleyes:

Totally agree, can only be good thing.

However we still need to bring another winger, IMO.

Eagles another winger and striker and we're good to go I think. Possibly a RB too?

..............Greegs...............

Whittaker?....Weir/Webster...Bougherra....Papac

Eagles....Davis...McCulloch...NEW

..........Miller...NEW............

Not bad :clap:

Eagles another winger and striker and we're good to go I think. Possibly a RB too?

I can tell you with absolute certainty we will not be buying a right back

Ref what the Burley fans are saying, remember he was playing at a team that was relegated and on the back foot most games. He will be totally different in a side which is on the attack all the time. Or even Rangers. :craphead:

I can tell you with absolute certainty we will not be buying a right back

Correct. Whittakers there and Broadfoot and McMillan both just signed up new deals and can play there.

Eagles....Davis...McCulloch...Conway

..........Miller...Lee Miller ?............