** The Official Rangers v Sydney FC Match Thread **

scottjf82

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

was working today. could someone tell me how it went. starting line up etc. thanks

Same team as the Blackburn game except Alexander in for McGregor and Whittaker for Bougherra. Highlight of the game was run from Lafferty where he took it by 4 guys. :BELM:

Can't really remember any other chances.

McCulloch and Miller came off injured.

was working today. could someone tell me how it went. starting line up etc. thanks

Same team as the Blackburn game except Alexander in for McGregor and Whittaker for Bougherra. Highlight of the game was run from Lafferty where he took it by 4 guys. :BELM:

Can't really remember any other chances.

McCulloch and Miller came off injured.

McCulloch starting doh.

love wattie to bits for everything hes done for us . people need to realise he never has trusted young players and will only play them as a very last resort, usually out wide where they cant cause too much damage, thats the way wattie is and he aint gonnae change in his final year. so anyone who thinks their going to see a gers team with ness, bendrickson, wylde etc in it better head for murray park on a friday afternoon cause they sure aint gonnae play in the first team unless its decimated with injuries

My god the players can get fit no Bother without startin every pre season game! How the fuk are the youngsters meant to get experience when they get fuk all time, smith doesn't like playing youth. If it want for smith, any other manager would have let John fleck fulfill his potential but not Walter.

We have 2 weeks to get ready for the new season and our 1st team need all the playing time they can get

Forget about this youngsters pish, our 1st team are the priority the now

If they were good enough they would be playing, the fact is at the minute they arent as good as whats in the 1st team

lee fuckin mcculloch again

:anguish:

this guy needs to gtf seriously, its sickening

was at work all day, by most accounts it was dreadful

was it 4-3-3 again?

miller playing injured again?

who made up the midfield?

any youngsters who we will need to rely on during the season get 90 mins under their belt?

ally standing at the side clueless again?

durranty glued to walter all game again?

Just in from work, I saw on SSN that both McCulloch and Lafferty went off with knocks, serious?

I fcuking hope not, the season starts in a few weeks, we are down to the barebones, and we cannot afford any injuries.

Don't really care on the result, pre-season, especially at this stage is about getting fit, match practise, trying new things...

Just in from work, I saw on SSN that both McCulloch and Lafferty went off with knocks, serious?

I fcuking hope not, the season starts in a few weeks, we are down to the barebones, and we cannot afford any injuries.

Don't really care on the result, pre-season, especially at this stage is about getting fit, match practise, trying new things...

wattie said they should be ok for saturdays game

Ok, good news (tu)

The Barns was wild today!

Now give me some signings!!!!

Ok, good news (tu)

the shifts your putting in i think your trying to buy the place :D

Ok, good news (tu)

the shifts your putting in i think your trying to buy the place :D

Aye right, lucky to get 10 free rounds... pricks!

No need for McCulloch to play with the first team for the next few preseason games. We need Davis and Edu to be used to each other for the first 2 games of the season. Won't happen though.

Seriously this game would never have been played if it wasn't part of a tournament. It was absolutely pishing down all day in Sydney and never stopped during the game. The pitch was deplorable.

Nothing can be taken from this game as a judgement on how we will play when the season starts. If the rain stops and the pitch improves the game against AEK will give us a better idea how we will fare against top opposition.

The game last night was a dissapointment in terms of how we played against Rovers.

However the conditions were terrible and the game was just a slug fest.

For all the bears that sang, supported and braved those fcking terrible conditions well done. I was absolutely soaked and froze ma baws off.

But............... what really pisses me of is that this is the second game we have played in this tournament and iw ould like to ask. IS IT TOO FUCKING MUCH for the team to come over to the fence (inc Wattie and Super Ally and give us a wave and thank us? Or am i bieng prescious?

The first game against Rovers saw the lads make a half effort but last night in the cold and pissing rain they stood in the middle and slung as a wave then pissed off! It was fucking terrible and wasnt lost on many bears.

Anyhoooo, thats ma rant.

Lafferty went down in the box in front of us and it looked as if he had cramp in his leg. McCulloch had been doing a bit of kamikaze tackling and sliding on the soaked pitch so he may have picked up a more serious knock. We actually played what looked like an alternating 4-1-4-1 formation and a 4-1-3-2 formation, which had Edu pushing forward much more than last season, than say, if Thomson had been playing in the middle.

This was very similar to what we played against Blackburn on Sunday, so I'll bet my goolies that if we play that formation on Saturday against AEK, that's what we are going to see for the rest of the season.

That was a shocker last night.....The Fox & Lion pub was the big winner, because I think we drank it dry. ( And that was the only dry thing that was in Sydney yesterday....What a shockeroonie of a day, as it was more like a Glasgow rainfest than a normal Sydney day.