Sign in to follow this  
scottjf82

** The Official Rangers v Sydney FC Match Thread **

Lafferty went down in the box in front of us and it looked as if he had cramp in his leg. McCulloch had been doing a bit of kamikaze tackling and sliding on the soaked pitch so he may have picked up a more serious knock. We actually played what looked like an alternating 4-1-4-1 formation and a 4-1-3-2 formation, which had Edu pushing forward much more than last season, than say, if Thomson had been playing in the middle.

This was very similar to what we played against Blackburn on Sunday, so I'll bet my goolies that if we play that formation on Saturday against AEK, that's what we are going to see for the rest of the season.

That was a shocker last night.....The Fox & Lion pub was the big winner, because I think we drank it dry. ( And that was the only dry thing that was in Sydney yesterday....What a shockeroonie of a day, as it was more like a Glasgow rainfest than a normal Sydney day.

To be fair though... In the second half -- weather notwithstanding -- we had ~60% possession at one point and actually tried to play Fitba.

Can't judge our form on that match. But still satisfied.

And .. as for the side not coming over to the support? Did it Canada as well.. 2005/6?. Sometimes I do wonder?

Hopefully, it's dry on Saturday against a proper European side.

To be fair though... In the second half -- weather notwithstanding -- we had ~60% possession at one point and actually tried to play Fitba.

Can't judge our form on that match. But still satisfied.

And .. as for the side not coming over to the support? Did it Canada as well.. 2005/6?. Sometimes I do wonder?

Hopefully, it's dry on Saturday against a proper European side.

We may have had a massive share of the possession and did the majority of the attacking, but we still lacked a cutting edge to finish off the moves.

If we don't pick our game up on Saturday by a big margin, we will get humped well and truly by AEK, because they look head and shoulders above us and the other two teams in this tournament when it comes to sticking the ball in the net.

Scocco and Liberopoulos have been a handful for Blackburn and Sydney defenders in the last 2 games.