Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

Hopefully the Rapid boss told him to go out there and keep them in the Europa League, and as a reward you can go to Rangers :)

Hopefully Mr Compton :craphead:

I think it shows hes a great character and a great preffesional, most players linked with a move away to another club when they can play in europe also try to hinder their place in their current team.

Sorry for thinking a player rated at 3.5m-4m euro's is out of our budget, especially when we need a number of players, and what has gone on in recent seasons.

Exactly the type of player we should be looking at - fee might be a problem tho.

Teams rate players at prices all the time, but it doesn't mean they'l sell them for that amount of money in the end. But i do understand, but surely (i hope) our management team have looked at the situation and wouldn't of made 2 bids if they knew we could only afford him (we may be gambling on the fact Celtic will get knocked out giving us an extra 3 million)

I just hope Vienna accept our bid as he looks the business (tu)

His two goals tonight were impressive but TBH they were against a bunch of nobodys! There is no doubt in my mind that Jelavic could improve Rangers but is it worth spunking 3.5 mill on? I reckon we should be looking at some wide players first before we look at strikers as this team has been crying out for width for years now! Lafferty and Naismith have both tried and failed on the wide areas so we really should be looking there first IMO.

For a guy who is in his last year of his contract surely we should be trying to get him cheaper than for whats being thrown around in the mhedia? Normally Smith likes to take a look at Italy for some players so impressed no one has been mentioned. Yet.... (tu)

thats the thing, who knows what or who we are looking at outwith this lot, plenty time

One thing that could be going through Walters mind is that last season we won the League on the platform of Boyd, and respectably Millers goals.

He's been priced out of a move for Eagles, his option on the Wing, and decide to gamble on a player who he can almost gurantee him those goals.

(tu)

I assume this under the option that he would bring in younger cheaper options for the wing and we keep the rest of our, depleted, squad.

His two goals tonight were impressive but TBH they were against a bunch of nobodys! There is no doubt in my mind that Jelavic could improve Rangers but is it worth spunking 3.5 mill on? I reckon we should be looking at some wide players first before we look at strikers as this team has been crying out for width for years now! Lafferty and Naismith have both tried and failed on the wide areas so we really should be looking there first IMO.

For a guy who is in his last year of his contract surely we should be trying to get him cheaper than for whats being thrown around in the mhedia? Normally Smith likes to take a look at Italy for some players so impressed no one has been mentioned. Yet.... (tu)

there is no point in buying wingers when the players they're going to be providing chances for are scheidt... we need a quality striker and a winger. jelavic would solve part of this... (tu)

Well lets hope if the bid does get accepted he's not like the last striker we spunked over 3 mill on. I reckon Smith will want at least one or two in before the season starts as its not ideal to chuck some1 straight away. Im glad were taking our time over potential targets i would hate to see another Rothen :anguish:

It's a sign of the times that we're so excited over the possibility of signing Nikica Jelavic. This calibre of player should be par for the course for Rangers.

An international striker who is at a good age, know's where the net is, and has a few clubs across Europe looking at him - I doubt anyone on here knows the real calibre of Nikica Jelavic, but from what little we have all seen, he has impressed. Although some are getting carried away - pretty much expected due to the position we are currently in, and have been for sometime.

We just can't afford these expensive, proven international players on high wages these day's.

ffs, you started tanning your wrists yet ?

if we had no chance of affording him, the club would have pulled out of the transfer already, rather than wasting time on someone who "you know" we have no chance of signing ?

gies piece with the constant negativity on here, turning an optomistic thread into one where people can't be arsed looking in as they know there will be the same people looking for a moan (td)

some optomism would go down well :beer1:

rant over :wink:

Give it a rest with this "negativity" bullshit. He's being accurate and most of all, realistic.

Everytime he makes a post you're always there complaining. Its a forum. He's entitled to his opinion just as much as you are to yours. The thing is, he's in the know about most players in Europe better than most of us on in here so give it a rest.

"rant over" :wink:

av quoted him twice and the part in bold, not being too big headed but I think I could give him a run for his money football knowledge wise :wink:

You better fire up the old FM then mate

don't play it mate, thinking about getting the new one though

Another one who doesn't even bother to read posts, and only highlights certain ones when it suits them!

Tell me what the fcuk was negative about what I just wrote <cr>

Stop playing follow the leader, and open your eyes (tu)

Follow the leader? By the time i wrote my post i hadn't seen the other member saying you were being negative. And if we're talking about follow the leader, everyone follows you instead of the other way around.

All im saying is what is wrong with making a bid for a higher calibure of player out of the SPL, it is what you ask for after all?

Your saying hes a good player which i respect, but saying we cant afford them. Why can't we try, what have we to lose?

I for one am glad we're looking at better players and im sure we dont have our eye on just one player, we maybe using up time on looking at him but i think its worthwhile if it comes off.

(tu)

Sorry for thinking a player rated at 3.5m-4m euro's is out of our budget, especially when we need a number of players, and what has gone on in recent seasons.

Exactly the type of player we should be looking at - fee might be a problem tho.

if it was out of our budget though, surely Walter would be the 1st to know ?

IF we can bring in Jelavic, then hopefully we can get in at least one wide player, one(s) capable of delivering a ball on a consistant basis, because given the right service, both in the air, and across the deck, it look's like Jelavic will score the goals. His movement looks good, he's got good feet, and he also seem's to like a ping at goal from distance.

I know YouTube isn't the best, but some of the action containing Jelavic is pretty impressive, and he showed agaisnt Villa, celtc and Hamburg that he can play, and hurt teams.

Is it possible we are waiting to see if we get the extra TV money before making a serious bid for Jelavic?

No, Rapid are waiting to see if they get KOd of Europe...

The game was earlier, and they won.

Another one who doesn't even bother to read posts, and only highlights certain ones when it suits them!

Follow the leader? By the time i wrote my post i hadn't seen the other member saying you were being negative. And if we're talking about follow the leader, everyone follows you instead of the other way around.

All im saying is what is wrong with making a bid for a higher calibure of player out of the SPL, it is what you ask for after all?

Your saying hes a good player which i respect, but saying we cant afford them. Why can't we try, what have we to lose?

I for one am glad we're looking at better players and im sure we dont have our eye on just one player, we maybe using up time on looking at him but i think its worthwhile if it comes off.

(tu)

Hasn't stopped us from making bids in the past.

jelavic looks a high quality player this is the standard of player we should be looking at but sadly the way we make our transfers public knowledge means we'll probably miss out on this guy. i think he'll end up in germany i would prefer to hear nothing coming out of ibrox until deals are done it's alright going public if you are cash rich like man city or chelsea when you can blow other bids right out the water but i get the feeling when we're negotiating every grand matters

(tu)

Hasn't stopped us from making bids in the past.

is that not the reason we're in this mess then ?

Just had a look at the two goals again and Rapid would be mad to sell him especially as there trying to get in the group stages of the europa. Sure people will talk about the money but having this kinda player about is the diferrence between balancing check books and winning leagues. Apparently we will now hear tomorrow and although i would love to see Jelavic in the dark blue of Rangers i personally can't see it happening. The next games for Rapid would be on the 19th and 26 th of August which means we would only have a few days to get him in. Don't mean to sound negative but don't want people to get the hopes up either eg Eagles.

Jelavic looks very, very promising. Let's hope we can get this done. (tu)

Remember, If we do use our budget on Jelavic, their is a possiblity on bringing in some loan deals, so all is not lost in terms of signing wide-players.

(tu)

..........and we will be the last.

like a playground at times, as for following the leader muff has enough followers but that dont meen folks aint allowed an opinion, its a forum ffs

His followers are called Muffites, :peanut: they don't have a lot of intelligent comment to make themselves,so they just agree with

everything Muff has to say.In fairness though Muff is an excellent poster,who knows what is going on in the football world,

and his information is generally on the ball.and on this occasion,I don't think his post was negative.

Just to clear this up, if Jelavic signs for Rangers tomorrow he will not be cup tied in any European competition this season no matter how well Vienna do. He will only be cup tied from all European competitions if he plays in the next qualifying round and Vienna win.

wrong