Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

i'll go and have a look on transfer rumours and check if he's signed yet :wink:

local press tonight say Everton are also interested in him

Moyes was checking jim out at their weekend game...seen it on several local sites :anguish:

http://www.transfermarkt.at/de/nikica-jelavic-zu-everton/topic/ansicht_154_978928_seite1.html

hope we get an offer accepted soon before more and more teams start sniffing about.

the report also said Jelavic's ultimate goal is the EPL so the Everton offer would be just right for him even though he found our offer attractive...Moyes has Yakubu and Saha..so hope Jelavic gets put off at the possibility of being third choice striker

hope so,we can guarantee him first team football and playing in europe,then in 3 years or so he can head down south if he sill fancies it.

exactly...it will be a bigger stage in the CL...just hope we can prise him away quick

bain and walter should just go over there in a wee van and take him :ph34r:

Stu you meant to tell me how to put the one uo you made me. I may pm you my password so you can change it for me and then ill make a new password 10310.gif

Btw i wish the club would tell us what the fucks going on, this guy scores two goals and were kidding on we can afford him rolleyes.gif

do you know how to go into your signature settings ? if you do just copy this into it

[img=http://i38.tinypic.com/219795v.jpg]

And totally agree mate, IMO If a player wants to leave and its good for both parties ( player and club ) i see no reason why he shouldnt be allowed to sign. We were all happy we got £2M for thommo as he was in his last year with us.

i'll go and have a look on transfer rumours and check if he's signed yet :wink:

local press tonight say Everton are also interested in him

Moyes was checking jim out at their weekend game...seen it on several local sites :anguish:

http://www.transfermarkt.at/de/nikica-jelavic-zu-everton/topic/ansicht_154_978928_seite1.html

Really not what we wanted to hear. :disappointment:

moyes has stated himself that everton dont have anymore money to spend this transfer window

so unless they plan to sell someone (arteta linked to arsenal) they wont be buying our man

Stu you meant to tell me how to put the one uo you made me. I may pm you my password so you can change it for me and then ill make a new password 10310.gif

Btw i wish the club would tell us what the fucks going on, this guy scores two goals and were kidding on we can afford him rolleyes.gif

do you know how to go into your signature settings ? if you do just copy this into it

And totally agree mate, IMO If a player wants to leave and its good for both parties ( player and club ) i see no reason why he shouldnt be allowed to sign. We were all happy we got £2M for thommo as he was in his last year with us.

speak for yourself mate, I am still raging at this and feel we should have done more to keep hold of him :disappointment:

really sorry if this is a repost

Rangers hope to know by Wednesday if their offer for Rapid Vienna striker Nikica Jelavic has been successful.

However, the Croatian international underlined his value with two goals in Tuesday's 3-0 win over Beroe in Europa League qualifying.

And Rapid Vienna may want to hang on to the 24-year-old until at least the play-off round for the Europa League.

Those games are scheduled for 19 & 26 August, which would leave only a few days before the transfer window closed.

If Rangers are unable to register Jelavic for their own European campaign, the Scottish champions would turn their attentions elsewhere.

Nonetheless, he remains manager Walter Smith's favoured target as he seeks to replace Kris Boyd, although he is also looking at the Honduran Georgie Welcome on trial this week.

Jelavic has been with Rapid Vienna for two seasons, having joined them from Belgian club Zulte Waregem.

The powerful Bosnian-born forward scored 21 goals last season, three of those coming against Celtic in the Europa League.

He scored in the 1-1 draw at Celtic Park last October and bagged a brace in the 3-3 draw in the Austrian capital in December.

Meanwhile, any move from Rangers for the South African duo of Katlego Mphela and Bongani Khumalo is understood to be unlikely.

speak for yourself mate, I am still raging at this and feel we should have done more to keep hold of him :disappointment:

im sure we couldnt offer him a new contract but so was either keep him and let him go for free or get £2M for him.

im sure we couldnt offer him a new contract but so was either keep him and let him go for free or get £2M for him.

I know what you mean but I am sure we could have tried harder, even more so that Thommo was gutted to leave and was desperate to stay

I know what you mean but I am sure we could have tried harder, even more so that Thommo was gutted to leave and was desperate to stay

I Wish he stayed too mate i have got him on my last two tops haha.

He didn't have to go. It obviously suited all parties that this deal went ahead when it did.

Is this the same thomson that demanded a compensation package to leave us!!! He was injured most of the time he was with us, He was also one of the only Hibs youth players to come through, be sold on, and not give his signing on fee back to the cause (It is his money like lol) but the point is he is money minded! Simples ;)

Got an email from a mate, supposidly we are set to offer €4.2m for Jelavic - I'm on my blackberry so I can't post the link. Its from a report in one of the Austrian sport pages. How true I'm not too sure!?