Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

we could afford eagles - it was the wages that were the issue

and surely jelavic will not be on big money at rapid

If we couldnt afford eagles' wages - we couldnt afford him!

Yes, the transfer fee is alot higher for Jelavic but although he wont be on much at Rapid, he'll expect more moving to another country, therefore adding even more ontop of his transfer fee.

I really hope it happens, cos Walter clearly rates him (as he did Eagles who was just a greedy cunt) so lets trust the judgement of Wattie and see what happens.

If they go thru...we wont get him.

If they go out......its game on.

we could afford eagles - it was the wages that were the issue

and surely jelavic will not be on big money at rapid

If we couldnt afford eagles' wages - we couldnt afford him!

Yes, the transfer fee is alot higher for Jelavic but although he wont be on much at Rapid, he'll expect more moving to another country, therefore adding even more ontop of his transfer fee.

I really hope it happens, cos Walter clearly rates him (as he did Eagles who was just a greedy cunt) so lets trust the judgement of Wattie and see what happens.

If they go thru...we wont get him.

If they go out......its game on.

To say we cant afford Jelavic cause we didnt want to thrash out silly money to eagles is silly but. Im sure the club will know what Jelavic is on just now or near it to make a second bid or it would be pointless if hes on high wages to.

No chance of getting Jelavic!

Rapid will win their qualifier and he simply costs too much!

I fully expect Rapid to win their qualifier.

I fully expect Jelavic to be a Rangers player this week. (tu)

Agree Blouie, loving the positive thinking, its the only way to get past these difficult times.

On what basis do you think we will sign him?

On him not being all doom and gloom i suspect, is it not okay to have a bit of faith ? to be positive about what our club is doing no ?

On him not being all doom and gloom i suspect, is it not okay to have a bit of faith ? to be positive about what our club is doing no ?

No problem with him being positive, just asked a simple question. No need to be so defensive.

No problem with him being positive, just asked a simple question. No need to be so defensive.

Im being defensive because some people believe that its all doom and gloom. IMO I Feel Walter has more to play with in the market than we know of. We were told before the end of the season walter would get a small cut of the CL Money and any all the money from transfers. With celtic going out it looks like we will get an extra £2.2M or around that For the tv coverage.

No harm in people being positive.

[No problem with him being positive, just asked a simple question. No need to be so defensive.

Im being defensive because some people believe that its all doom and gloom. IMO I Feel Walter has more to play with in the market than we know of. We were told before the end of the season walter would get a small cut of the CL Money and any all the money from transfers. With celtic going out it looks like we will get an extra £2.2M or around that For the tv coverage.

Ok mate, just think if we had a few £m to spend we would have done already.

[No problem with him being positive, just asked a simple question. No need to be so defensive.

Ok mate, just think if we had a few £m to spend we would have done already.

i think walter is just taking his time and not getting the wrong player mate, with the little cash we have it would be a disaster if we got the wrong type of player.

A few good points raised here guys, well played.

If we were getting some of the CL money plus 'some' money from transfers out, and savings on players wages who have left, i genuinely believe we must have a fair bit to play about with (compared to what is being spoke of).

Heres hoping!!!

Let the mhankies do their wheeling-n-dealing in the mix of contintents as they have done before, and been proven wrong...then POUNCE!!!

IN WALTER WE TRUST!!!

Chill out. You can hardly have a go at people being pessimistic regarding £3m transfer targets when he haven't signed a player for about two years! I hope we get Jelavic too mate but it seems unlikely TBH.

I think we will get Jelavic. Think the player will ask to leave and get his wish. And thank fuck we didn't get Eagles.

How come, r.e Eagles? im no bein wide, im just asking ur opinion on why ye didnae fancy Eagles.

Personally thought Walter really rated the lad but it just didnt happen, since he was willing to push the boat out a bit for him and sacrifice other areas of the team, but it wasnt to be.

Do u not rate him?

Hopefully we get a winger in at some stage cos all we are linked with so far is forwards and a defender, whereas thats not the problem, therfore resulting in the likes of Lafferty or Naisy being put out wide again...not what Walter said he wanted.

Well it seems at least that the quality over quantity theory is holding up as I think spending a bit more on trying to get Jelavic is worth it.

He is a tried and tested quality striker and 3 million would be good business for us. Iv'e watched as much footage of Jelavic and Welcome on 'Youtube' as was available and Jelavic looks by far the better option.

Lets hope...

I think we will get Jelavic. Think the player will ask to leave and get his wish. And thank fuck we didn't get Eagles.

How come, r.e Eagles? im no bein wide, im just asking ur opinion on why ye didnae fancy Eagles.

Personally thought Walter really rated the lad but it just didnt happen, since he was willing to push the boat out a bit for him and sacrifice other areas of the team, but it wasnt to be.

Do u not rate him?

Hopefully we get a winger in at some stage cos all we are linked with so far is forwards and a defender, whereas thats not the problem, therfore resulting in the likes of Lafferty or Naisy being put out wide again...not what Walter said he wanted.

He had about 4-5-6 loan clubs? I think he is a player who just become short of being a decent player! otherwise 1 of these loan clubs would of got him. As i said before, we would of been better getting lovenkrands back who was on a free. He would of been a player who give you 1 good game in 4. Just my opinion!

Well it seems at least that the quality over quantity theory is holding up as I think spending a bit more on trying to get Jelavic is worth it.

He is a tried and tested quality striker and 3 million would be good business for us. Iv'e watched as much footage of Jelavic and Welcome on 'Youtube' as was available and Jelavic looks by far the better option.

Lets hope...

I think we'd be getting Jelavic and Welcome..

Would love to give you a direct source but I can't.

If you're pushing me, and you probably are, then I'd say on a scale of one to ten then I'm somewhere around eight to eight and a half.

We've fought tooth and nail to get him and we're very, very close.

Time will tell.