Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

Yes, he's been loaned out a few times, which is a bit worrying that he hasnt been snapped up.

The whole mention of 'loan deals' really riles Walter up, and i think its clear to see when he talks about it, he's talking about Jerome Rothen!

He says he has rushed into loan deals before, but wont do it again (i know we're not looking to loan Jelavic but he's been loaned out several times before) due to restrictions...so he's being more careful.

He clearly rates this guy, and despite my lack of knowledge on him, i trust Walter here.

Anything from the Austrian or croatian newspaper websites ?

they are just reporting Rapid getting their season back on track after beating Salzburg at the weekend

another article reports Walter saying it will be sorted early this week but Rapid are remaining focused on their game against Stara Zagora and not giving anything away

another earlier article says we can have him if we pay 5 mill euro but until now we have only gone as high as 3.5...that was reported 29.07

http://www.oe24.at/sport/fussball/Rapid-laesst-Jelavic-fuer-fuenf-Mio-ziehen-0751366.ece

Just been checking up on the eligibilty(is that even a word) apparently if a player plays in the europa leauge then as long as Rangers aint registered there side by the time he signed then he can be eligable. Altho im struggling to see if thats the case this season

To me it sounds like we're trying to focus everything on Jelavic so we can have at least one signing to celebrate for the fans on Saturday. It would make sense if we've dropped interest in everyone, that this is the case. He's obviously supposed to be our big signing. Well hopefully.

To me it sounds like we're trying to focus everything on Jelavic so we can have at least one signing to celebrate for the fans on Saturday. It would make sense if we've dropped interest in everyone, that this is the case. He's obviously supposed to be our big signing. Well hopefully.

Here is hoping im pretty sure he could be a fantastic signing for us. Looks like we arent looking at Wingers anymore from the players we are being linked with

Jelavic and Welcome say we get them for 3.5M and get that Man Utd kid on loan and sell boogie for 7-8 million id be happy with that (tu)

And play with Webster and Weir all season? That's one step forward and two steps back. We need a good defender. And IMO Webster ain't good enough. We should swap him!

From what I can tell, whether he plays tomorrow is irrellevant. I'm sure it's the NEXT qualifying round that cup ties him, I will be happy to be corrected though.

From what i have read this is also the case. Altho i have also read if it is the other tournament he isnt cup tied for the champions leauge

Jelavic and Welcome say we get them for 3.5M and get that Man Utd kid on loan and sell boogie for 7-8 million id be happy with that (tu)

And play with Webster and Weir all season? That's one step forward and two steps back. We need a good defender. And IMO Webster ain't good enough. We should swap him!

For some ripples and a star bar (tu)

Jelavic,Welcome,The French Defender and Goncalves and i'll be a happy bunny

For some ripples and a star bar (tu)

Jelavic,Welcome,The French Defender and Goncalves and i'll be a happy bunny

this will never happen.

Sounds to me we have already line up a prefect excuse if this transfer doesn't happen, same goes with Welcome. 00000041.gif

Don't go across the wrists, thats why alot of people fail when trying to do themselfs in, go up the way 00000042.gif

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

No chance of getting Jelavic!

Rapid will win their qualifier and he simply costs too much!

There obviously is a chance.

http://www.austriantimes.at/news/Sports/2010-08-02/25603/Late_Hofmann_strike_serves_up_first_points

Rumours that Jelavic is on his way out before the summer transfer window shuts on 31 August are increasing. Rapid bosses are reportedly ready to sell the Croatian national team star if a club willing to cough up four million Euros gets in touch. Blackburn Rovers, Everton FC and Glasgow Rangers are allegedly eyeing a purchase. Slovenian free agent Klemen Lavric is handled as a replacement. The former Hajduk Split striker failed to agree with Sturm Graz bosses over an extension of his contract after last season

Apparently Blackburn have upped an offer for a striker too, but their boards suggest it might be Beattie or Jo, not Jelavic. I hope.