Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

Sounds to me we have already line up a prefect excuse if this transfer doesn't happen, same goes with Welcome. 00000041.gif

Don't go across the wrists, thats why alot of people fail when trying to do themselfs in, go up the way 00000042.gif

Sounds like you have experience in this department :wink:

Sounds to me we have already line up a prefect excuse if this transfer doesn't happen, same goes with Welcome. 00000041.gif

Don't go across the wrists, thats why alot of people fail when trying to do themselfs in, go up the way 00000042.gif

Sounds like you have experience in this department boogie.png

Na not me im more of your glass half full type of guy. I don't see everything that happens in life as a conspiracy ffs

Sounds to me we have already line up a prefect excuse if this transfer doesn't happen, same goes with Welcome. (td)

How do you get yourself out of bed in the mornin?

Just like everybody else does, do you honestly think this deal is a goer?

I think theres every bit as much chance of it happening than not

Sounds like you have experience in this department boogie.png

Na not me im more of your glass half full type of guy. I don't see everything that happens in life as a conspiracy ffs

It's not a conspiracy, it's just good PR by our club. We have covered both bases just incase and in my opinion more likely to fall through.

We'll carry on regardless with or without any new signings.

Sounds to me we have already line up a prefect excuse if this transfer doesn't happen, same goes with Welcome. (td)

If we really wanted Jelavic, he'd be already at our club.

fuck me the amount of negative chaps we have 10310.gif

Its overwhelming :rolleyes:

I wouldn't like to put myself in the negative or positive camp but I am a realist and I'm not getting my hopes up for Jelavic, or any of the other names being linked with us until there is a concrete outcome.

At the end of the day, we are all Bears and we all want us to sign players so let's stop bickering like children! I just can't wait for the season to start so we can stop having 10 page threads arguing over a player who was linked with us in a tabloid non-story! (not a reference to Jelavic).

That doesn't make any sense.

In fact, neither does your entire premise. Why would the club waste their time pretending to be interested in players, just in order to appease people on message boards for a few more weeks? You think that they are only interested in hoodwinking the fans, but have no interest whatsoever in actually winning stuff?

I'm not saying that I think he is likely to sign BTW. Just that I believe it is an honest effort from the management.

How so?

Well if Jelavic is our no1 target to replace Kris Boyd, then we would have made a move and tied this up already.

Walter hasn't just decided at the last minute on transfer targets, his list would have been drawn up before the end of last season and put towards our board.

That doesn't make any sense.

In fact, neither does your entire premise. Why would the club waste their time pretending to be interested in players, just in order to appease people on message boards for a few more weeks? You think that they are only interested in hoodwinking the fans, but have no interest whatsoever in actually winning stuff?

I'm not saying that I think he is likely to sign BTW. Just that I believe it is an honest effort from the management.

Clubs inquire about players all the time, it's not uncommon. We are in a situation where money is severely tight! if we have not realised this after 2 years of downsizing and the way we have operated, then we will never learn. We would like to sign players but we just can't afford the fee's been branded about at this current time.

Like yourself it will be a honest inquiry, but we cover ourselves very well with good PR for when it fall through... That's all I'm saying.

http://www.austriantimes.at/news/Sports/2010-08-02/25603/Late_Hofmann_strike_serves_up_first_points

Rumours that Jelavic is on his way out before the summer transfer window shuts on 31 August are increasing. Rapid bosses are reportedly ready to sell the Croatian national team star if a club willing to cough up four million Euros gets in touch. Blackburn Rovers, Everton FC and Glasgow Rangers are allegedly eyeing a purchase. Slovenian free agent Klemen Lavric is handled as a replacement. The former Hajduk Split striker failed to agree with Sturm Graz bosses over an extension of his contract after last season

Apparently Blackburn have upped an offer for a striker too, but their boards suggest it might be Beattie or Jo, not Jelavic. I hope.

its John Utaka they have bid for, they will now stop all interest in Jelavic. Strange to hear everton are in for him but i suppose they lost out on Donovan.

I can't see us being able to afford Jelavic or being able to strike a deal with Rapid Vienna.

Unfortunately I don't expect to see any new faces before the transfer window shuts. Hope I'm wrong though.

Well if Jelavic is our no1 target to replace Kris Boyd, then we would have made a move and tied this up already.

Walter hasn't just decided at the last minute on transfer targets, his list would have been drawn up before the end of last season and put towards our board.

By that logic every transfer deal ever done would be done immediately.

If he's you're no1 target and the club is willing to sell, then it usually is a straight forward deal across Europe.

I can't see us being able to afford Jelavic or being able to strike a deal with Rapid Vienna.

Unfortunately I don't expect to see any new faces before the transfer window shuts. Hope I'm wrong though.

Think we'll get a couple of loan signings in, but that will be it. Like yourself I hope I'm wrong too.

im glad to say you will be wrong. we have been linked to too many players, and wattie has quoted interest in multple players so there is too much being said and too much happening for us not too sign anyone. Id expect 2/3 buys then another 2/3 loans.

we wont buy any wingers, we will have some on loan. i still have faith in Jelavic signing. Rapid will beat that team fae bulgaria but that just means that we have to hurry up and buy him before the next round. I have lost all hope in Benalouane :disappointment: he would have been class here. Mphela i highly doubt will happen and Khumalo i recon there is still a good chance. Utaka is a definite no. He would cost too much and wages are way too high, he would run riot up here despite being unsuccesful with Pompey. Welcome I think would win a contract i recon he will be a Cousin-esc player but with better attitude. He seems he really appreciates this opportunity hes got and i think if he was signed he would play his heart out like a Novo did.

From what I can tell, whether he plays tomorrow is irrellevant. I'm sure it's the NEXT qualifying round that cup ties him, I will be happy to be corrected though.

My take is it doesn't matter if he plays in ANY qualifying round....

He's cup tied if his team MAKE IT to the group stages.

So the way I read it, we just need Vienna not to qualify to avoid a cup tied situation.

There is too much going on from either end with quotes from the teams we are aiming to buy players from and direct quotes from Smith, not too mention the club website also reporting stories for them not to be true.

The website doesn't normally spew about players until signings are imminent so I can see why its suspicious, but its seems a little weird that Rapid's director would say something in the press and Walter also for it not to be true.

I mean how do you go about asking a club for someone to come out and say 'we rejected a bid from Rangers for one of our players', I think they'd tell you to take a run and jump. The other possibility is that we are making ghost bids to make clubs say these things, or that we made an offer for Eagles just so he'd reject us and we'd look good for trying to sign someone.

Seems highly unlikely.

By that logic every transfer deal ever done would be done immediately.

If he's you're no1 target and the club is willing to sell, then it usually is a straight forward deal across Europe.

Come on! You know as well as I do that that is oversimplifying it!

No really, Rapid Vienna are willing to sell. According to reports we have made him our No1 target to replace Kris Boyd. We are the ones stalling for "whatever reason" not Rapid Vienna. If we were 100% serious about this player he would have been already with us.

Walter already stated that the £2million fee for Chris Eagles was taking up the majority of our budget, now Jelavic is roundabout the same fee. So unless our budget has shrunk in the last few weeks it green lights alround :sherlock: