***The Official Champions v St. Johnstone Thread***

Muff

He was excellent,didn't put a foot wrong,and set up the winning goal for us. (tu) some of you guys really should take

your heads out of the sand,and give this guy a break.

The midfield was pretty poor. Him and Davis were poor. Bar the assit he wasn't that good. Give him a break? If he had a good game I would say he did.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just on the way back from the game, good victory despite playing against 14.

Davis and Naismith were utterly anonymous, although Naismith improved in the last 20 minutes.

Weiss was immense, ran his heart out and never stopped taking people on, surprisingly good at tracking back as well (tu) His booking was the worst decision i've ever seen at a game as well.

Jelavic looked good when he came on, a few good runs and put himself about well.

6/10 performance, but 3 points at the end of the day is all that matters.

Just on the way back from the game, good victory despite playing against 14.

Davis and Naismith were utterly anonymous, although Naismith improved in the last 20 minutes.

Weiss was immense, ran his heart out and never stopped taking people on, surprisingly good at tracking back as well (tu) His booking was the worst decision i've ever seen at a game as well.

Jelavic looked good when he came on, a few good runs and put himself about well.

6/10 performance, but 3 points at the end of the day is all that matters.

Agree with that, I'm surprised at the number of posters on here saying Naismith should have got MOTM, I thought he was woeful for at least an hour. Some of his passing and attempts at interplay with Whittaker in the first half were abysmal. Davis again was poor and looks pretty lost as part of a central pairing.

But as poor as we were I hope we wont come up against referees like that too often, he barely gave us a decision all day.

Five goals for Miller already, eh!

He could probably hit 30 this year if he keeps it up.

He's now the main man, in possession of the number 9 jersey and can stay up top rather than spend his time running around doing the work of two players and trying to create chances for his strike partner.

Quite Frustrating to watch today, some of the passing from Midfield was atrocious and a lack of creativity in front of goal. Came out second half slightly better but after the second goal seemed to slow down a lot. Good preformances from Weiss and Boughy, already we can see that the SPL hatchet men are going to be out for him.

Saddened to see people on here, and no doubt in the stadium, starting all the 'Weiss is too greedy'/'Weir is too old'/'Whittaker is shite'/'McCulloch is shite'/'Get Miller sold' pish as soon as something goes wrong.

When are we going to learn that it isn't over until it's over? Honestly, it's like a red rag to a bull with me. We must be a hard set of fans to play in front of at times, especially at home.

We weren't amazing but a wins a win. The ref was an absolute fucking shambles today, I have no idea why he booked Weiss at all, he got a fucking earful from us anyway the cunt.

Jelavic was good, when Davis made that pass in the box I was praying for Jela to smash it but it was just too far behind him.

so lads, how did we do today? good bad or just average? my work switched on a signal to block mobile calls and internet so couldn't listen to the game. pros and cons please

cheers

It was just aswell St. Johnstone scored that screamer because otherwise it would've been a rather dismal afternoon. Rangers picked it up after they conceded but it wasn't the performance of the season, although Weiss looks a fantastic player and Jelavic looked tidy in the 15 minutes he got on. The referee made things hard, turning down 3 blatant penalties for The Champions, but the victory was still retrieved from what could've been a very disappointing draw.

Rangers were good, but not great. Still, a win is a win and I'll take that everytime!

Weiss was clearly MoM. People saying he was greedy are talking out their arses. It will take time for the team to adjust to the fact we actually have a decent winger, who can beat people, deliver a decent cross and is prepared to have a shot at goal. He has a great free kick on him, his deliveries from them were generally spot on. But once the rest of the players adjust to Weiss, and Jelavic settles in, Davis gets used to his centre role, the team will shape up. At least, if nothing else, they are battling away even when the chips are down.

Passing today was woeful a lot of the time, and players are way too static. Beattie I guess isn't yet fit so we'll have to give him the benefit of the doubt, a goal will certainly help him.

Three points is three points, we'd probably have drawn that match with the display a couple of season ago.