***The Official Champions v St. Johnstone Thread***

Muff

ref was shambolic

teams passing was very poor at times and we took a while to get into second gear

dont no what was wrong with davis today but he wasnt the player we are use to seeing in a blue jersey.

weiss i thought was our best player on the park...took the ball and tried to create something every time..sometimes trying too hard instead of just wiping the ball in.

jelavic looked not too bad when he came on but he had little chance to show what he is capable of doing.

end of the day its 3 points so onwards and upwards.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Everyone was pretty poor, Weiss was probably our best player. Don't know how anyone can say McCulloch was excellent.

At this stage of the season it is all about 3 points and we have picked up maximum points and that is the most important thing but improvement is needed in the coming weeks and months.

Also Weiss is much better playing from the right.

Poor game today, though Miller really is improving as he gets older. A few years ago and we would of seen him miss the target when he was through on goal and scored.

Thought St Johnstone's young boy Haber (number 27) looked a right handful. Gave Davie and Boughy some problems in the first half, he was alot quieter in the second though.

Davis had another stinker today, not sure whats up with him. Naismith was just playing were he felt like it, I think it just shows he shouldn't be played on the right, Naismith's best position is 'in the hole'..Don't think ill be able to sustain another season of Davie Weirs hoofs up the park, and suicide passes to the midfield.

But he is a credit to the club, and if Walter still wants to play him then (tu):crab:

St Johnstone greeting over their loss

Alan Maybury believes St Johnstone were denied a point against Rangers when referee Callum Murray failed to penalise Kenny Miller for a foul in the build-up to the winning goal

Matthew Lindsay

Share 0 comments

30 Aug 2010

Maybury has claimed Miller barged him to the ground at Ibrox on Saturday before latching on to Lee McCulloch’s pass and slotting past goalkeeper Graeme Smith.

“My own feeling was I was fouled by Kenny Miller before he scored his goal,” the St Johnstone player stated. “But it wasn’t given, so we will just have to accept it and take it on the chin.”

The 32-year-old former Republic of Ireland internationalist, who signed for the Perth club in the summer, feels his side deserved to take something from the game.

Derek McInnes’ team stunned their hosts in 25 minutes when Danny Grainger fired a powerful, long-range shot beyond the clutches of Allan MacGregor.

Walter Smith’s side drew level shortly after that setback when Smith and Kevin Rutkiewicz failed to deal with a shot from Sasa Papac from a yard out.

However, the visitors made life difficult for the Ibrox side after that and only Miller’s controversial late goal denied them a draw in Glasgow.

“We went to Ibrox with a game plan to frustrate Rangers and play ourselves when we could,” the former Hearts player Maybury reflected. “We identified a couple of weaknesses in their side and we tried to exploit them. I felt we did that.

“The goal from Danny Grainger was a great strike, but it was something that we had worked on in training and it came off.

“We let them back into it for 15 minutes and gifted them a soft goal. We started causing ourselves problems by not making them work hard enough.

“Yes, we gave away a soft goal on the half hour mark, but I felt that both Steven Naismith and Sasa Papac were both offside when it was scored.

“But we weathered the storm well after that. We were disappointed not to come away with something after all we put into the game.”