UEFA Cup Final Bears hung out to dry

CanadianBacon

Our own little inquiry? What a futile waste of time that will be. The bottom line is our image is what it is largely because of Manchester, the public perception of our support base is not going to change regarding Manchester. With the convictions the other day we need a to draw a line under it and move on so we can try and improve our repuation. Bluster, deflect and tell me I'm missing the point all you want but the harm these guys did to our reputation will be hard to repair, which is why I find it hard to sympathise with them.

P.S. I have absolutely no idea what would and wouldn't look out of place on Kerrydale Street.

I didn't mean we should literally comission our own little report and deploy PI's etc (although it might not be the worst idea)

I'm saying that for debating purposes, on an internet forum, it's good for us to do a bit of brainstorming and try and draw our own conclusions.

It's OK saying "time to draw a line under it and move on" - you mean well saying that, but believe me, that only gives the liars and hypocrites that sent these lads down with OTT sentances credince. I am not willing to do that, you might be.

You don't have to sympathise with them. Just understand the need for some parity.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't mean we should literally comission our own little report and deploy PI's etc (although it might not be the worst idea)

I'm saying that for debating purposes, on an internet forum, it's good for us to do a bit of brainstorming and try and draw our own conclusions.

It's OK saying "time to draw a line under it and move on" - you mean well saying that, but believe me, that only gives the liars and hypocrites that sent these lads down with OTT sentances credince. I am not willing to do that, you might be.

You don't have to sympathise with them. Just understand the need for some parity.

I didn't think you did.

I dont understand what you mean when you say 'parity'. Parity with whom?

You think he is the only Rangers fan of that view. 'scum', 'Knuckledraggers? So what? He has his opinion. How many against one is it between you and him? That is not on in my book. And all because he condemns the ones throwing bottles and kicking police officers? My concern- first, last, and in the middle is the Club, and those fans who didn't kick police officers, who didn't throw bottles, but who went to see their Club in a European Final. There'll be no sob stories for the people who did wrong from me.

EH?

If more posters on here responded by calling fellow fans scum and knuckle draggers then they would get the same response from me, I wouldn't need any other poster backing me up, I'm a big boy.

Matters not a jot if it's one or ten, lots seem to disagree with his opinion and have said as much, yet you seem to think that this many people should not express that opinion because it means he's outnumbered.

He's a fucking adult, I'm pretty sure he can answer the posts without calling them the above, no?

All we are trying to say is that we are all Bears. We are meant to stick together, not sinking the boot further into them when every man and their dog from outside the Rangers family are doing that as it is.

i dont have any opinion on the troublemakers to be honest

but a wee question

if you were in a group down there, and because a few bears in the crowd launched some bottles at the police, causing them to charge your group and maybe even smaking you with a baton

would you still stick by these bears then?

i wasnt caught up in the trouble because i was at the game, but i have spoke to a few lads who did get caught up in it, and they were fucking raging because a few wannabe hard men thought they'd be arseholes and launch things at the coppers, and funnily enough these wannabe hardmen were the front runners when the coppers chased them down the street

sympathy is hard to find when you have been dragged into a situation you wanted no part of

EH?

If more posters on here responded by calling fellow fans scum and knuckle draggers then they would get the same response from me, I wouldn't need any other poster backing me up, I'm a big boy.

Matters not a jot if it's one or ten, lots seem to disagree with his opinion and have said as much, yet you seem to think that this many people should not express that opinion because it means he's outnumbered.

He's a fucking adult, I'm pretty sure he can answer the posts without calling them the above, no?

I'm not speaking about how big you are, and how many posters you need or don't need, what I've seen with this guy is not something I like. I think he is entitled not to like hooligan behaviour, I don't like it either, and many Rangers fans don't like it either. Those people who kicked police officers, threw bottles? - they did wrong and and should take responsibility for their actions. As should many others, whether they are in authority, part of the Club or whatever. I think we should move on anyway, but the thing I hate most about Manchester? The way the Club has been tarnished, either by thugs, or those that seek to bring it down from the outside.

but a wee question

if you were in a group down there, and because a few bears in the crowd launched some bottles at the police, causing them to charge your group and maybe even smaking you with a baton

i wasnt caught up in the trouble because i was at the game, but i have spoke to a few lads who did get caught up in it, and they were fucking raging because a few wannabe hard men thought they'd be arseholes and launch things at the coppers, and funnily enough these wannabe hardmen were the front runners when the coppers chased them down the street

sympathy is hard to find when you have been dragged into a situation you wanted no part of

That I believe is the crux of the matter, the thugs masquerading as upholders of law and order, attacked everyone, perpetrator or not, and have not been called to account for their criminal actions.

but a wee question

Good question. It's a sort of a double edged sword. I think most people would tend to act first and ask questions afterwards.

My anwser would be similar to Bawbaggery above.

That I believe is the crux of the matter, the thugs masquerading as upholders of law and order, attacked everyone, perpetrator or not, and have not been called to account for their criminal actions.

and neither have a fair whack of trouble making fans no doubt

the most gutting part of it all is that the coppers EXPECTED trouble, hence the wearing of riot gear from the beginning of the day

and right on cue we gave them it

the whole season of fantastic behaviour while travelling in europe was undone in an hour of pure madness no doubt instigated and continued by complete rockets that watched every gers game before it in their local boozer :(

a complete shambles of a day from start to finish in manchester, that unfortunately we were all a part of, including the clubs name

these guys will get out of jail, and likely sink back into society where nearly everyone will not have a fucking clue about this persons past

whereas mention our clubs name and europe in 20 years time, and you'll find that manchester riots will be remembered still

but a wee question

if you were in a group down there, and because a few bears in the crowd launched some bottles at the police,causing them to charge your group and maybe even smaking you with a baton

i wasnt caught up in the trouble because i was at the game

Thats not how it happened. The police were jumping out of their vans and charging into the crowds, hitting out at people, thats why so many normally peaceful individuals turned on them. Obviously, anyone looking for trouble would have been happy to have a go, but there were plenty people just reacting to their friends/family being clubbed from those bastards. Reacting to being clubbed by a thug does not make you a thug.

Lucky you, you were at the game. (tu) Those of us stranded in Piccadilly Gardens and attacked by the GMP weren't so fortunate, some of us still havent seen the game. Not that I want to now, but I'll be back down there hopefully, even if I have to sit with the Mancs like our last visit to Old Trafford.

the most gutting part of it all is that the coppers EXPECTED trouble, hence the wearing of riot gear from the beginning of the day

the whole season of fantastic behaviour while travelling in europe was undone in an hour of pure madness no doubt instigated and continued by complete rockets that watched every gers game before it in their local boozer :(

a complete shambles of a day from start to finish in manchester, that unfortunately we were all a part of, including the clubs name

these guys will get out of jail, and likely sink back into society where nearly everyone will not have a fucking clue about this persons past

whereas mention our clubs name and europe in 20 years time, and you'll find that manchester riots will be remembered still

I hate that I hate that day. and I hate that it is a useful tool to take the Club down a level. Look at this, we are playing Manchester United and the thought of reading the Manchester drivel all through the run-up to the game makes me sick. I long for the day that this is one distant memory.

I dont recall seeing any riot police until after kick-off.

You just have a low opinion of your fellow brethren :(