UEFA Cup Final Bears hung out to dry

CanadianBacon

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a worrying insight into your childhood obviously...... :sherlock:

Where did that come from....

I can imagine it. Like the opening scene from Roseanne where they are all sat round the table eating a chinky and you getting passed about like a scud book :lol:

It's as if you have ready made excuses.....

It's not so uch a raw deal. They got the maximum penalty given for the crime. There are rules for sentences that judges can't go beyond. Although harsh to the people, they got the maximum sentence for said crime. And to be fair, they probably deserved it.

It's not so uch a raw deal. They got the maximum penalty given for the crime. There are rules for sentences that judges can't go beyond. Although harsh to the people, they got the maximum sentence for said crime. And to be fair, they probably deserved it.

I wouldn't disagree with that in bold. I was thinking about that earlier. There's certain criteria that judges have to work within. They need to know this criteria like the back of their hand - that's why they get a good salary.

What we can agree on is that they have got maximum sentences and been made an example off. Wrongly, in my opinion. One big publicity stunt.

As a couple of people touched on earlier, it could be everything to do with England's finals bid.

Only after I suspended common sense though.

We were talking hypothetically anyway. You agreed that all things equal and using common sense - then the local authorities and over-zealous Manchester Riot Police would be held responsible for their part in the debacle too.

I wouldn't disagree with that in bold. I was thinking about that earlier. There's certain criteria that judges have to work within. They need to know this criteria like the back of their hand - that's why they get a good salary.

What we can agree on is that they have got maximum sentences and been made an example off. Wrongly, in my opinion. One big publicity stunt.

As a couple of people touched on earlier, it could be everything to do with England's finals bid.

I wont disagree with your logic there. Just seems too many people are saying they got longer than legal. Could be reading it wrong though. The judge can't make an example of people and give them a longer sentence than normally would, they can only give them the maximum sentence for said crime. And it appears this is what has hapened. An example?? Definately. Warranted?? Again I would say definately. Though some will disagree

I wont disagree with your logic there. Just seems too many people are saying they got longer than legal. Could be reading it wrong though. The judge can't make an example of people and give them a longer sentence than normally would, they can only give them the maximum sentence for said crime. And it appears this is what has hapened. An example?? Definately. Warranted?? Again I would say definately. Though some will disagree

Nah. No-ones said they got longer than legal. As you rightly say, judges can't just go about making up their own sentences as they see fit.

They can use their own discretion and that's always up for debate but it's still within the law. If they even tried to dish out a sentence that's longer than legal, the defence lawyers would get every single one of the accused/convicted released with immediate effect.

The only part we disagree on is the "warranted?? definatey" part. If you think they got what they deserved then fair do's. My main issue is some people on here I'd never class as a Rangers fan in a million years sticking the boot into them that little bit more. Maybe it makes them feel good about themselfs or makes them think they are a better fan by sticking the boot into them, I don't know.

They certainly did on kerrydale street on there generic H*** thread. Why would i lie about that... :lol:

I don't give a shit who grassed these idiots up......

I agree bears wouldnt go out there way to grass i did look at the photos to see any the nutter gers fans i knew as thought is spot some but would never grass up, only grass up if its a pedo.

People on here call the guys who got jailed "so called Rangers fans" but it's some on here that i would call " so called Rangers fans".

I am totally dismayed by some people on here.......When i grew up if you were a Bear you stuck together and if another Bear got smacked or hard done by you helped or at least backed him up.......fuckin pussies and poor little rich kids in our support now...

Canny believe they follow the same team as i do....you are the low life not the guys who fought back..

Dickheads!!!!!!

Andrew Blake doesn't seem to be a 'maximum sentence' type of judge, going by some of his previous cases. It makes me wonder what his motives were in this instance.

People on here call the guys who got jailed "so called Rangers fans" but it's some on here that i would call " so called Rangers fans".

I am totally dismayed by some people on here.......When i grew up if you were a Bear you stuck together and if another Bear got smacked or hard done by you helped or at least backed him up.......fuckin pussies and poor little rich kids in our support now...

Canny believe they follow the same team as i do....you are the low life not the guys who fought back..

Dickheads!!!!!!

This man speaks the truth. (tu)

Andrew Blake doesn't seem to be a 'maximum sentence' type of judge, going by some of his previous cases. It makes me wonder what his motives were in this instance.

As a judge he is part of the Manchester establishment along with the council and polis. Some of them deserve the sentences they got, some of them are unsavoury characters when you look at their previous and therefore it is hard to find sympathy with them. As I said earlier in the thread its the ones who were in the stadium that night I feel bad for. They are the ones now who are being punished for the actions of some of the idiots when that night they conducted themselves magnificantly singing all through the game and even applauding the Zenit players when they lifted the cup. Its time that it was pointed out that those who are going this time and have tickets will mostly be the same bears who were at the final and therefore are far more represantive of the clubs support than a few neds and others with questionable links to Rangers such as the ones from the Manchester area who were amongst those jailed.

I'm not speaking about how big you are, and how many posters you need or don't need, what I've seen with this guy is not something I like. I think he is entitled not to like hooligan behaviour, I don't like it either, and many Rangers fans don't like it either. Those people who kicked police officers, threw bottles? - they did wrong and and should take responsibility for their actions. As should many others, whether they are in authority, part of the Club or whatever. I think we should move on anyway, but the thing I hate most about Manchester? The way the Club has been tarnished, either by thugs, or those that seek to bring it down from the outside.

When I say I am a big boy it means I'm a grown up, just to put it into context.

Of course he is entitled not to like it, that's his right, but, the way you 'speak' to people goes a long way and in my opinion he deserved all the criticism he got and gets because of his comments towards fellow fans.

I'm not saying the guys that got jail did not deserve punishment but the sentences they got were and are way over the top.

Just my opinion and as you know opinions are like arseholes.

I can imagine it. Like the opening scene from Roseanne where they are all sat round the table eating a chinky and you getting passed about like a scud book :lol:

He'll be gettin treated like that this mornin only without the chinky and rosanne with his altar bhoy simmit above his head and bent over the altar as he trades his arse for an extra £20 ticket to see the heid paedo ! :sherlock:

As a judge he is part of the Manchester establishment along with the council and polis. Some of them deserve the sentences they got, some of them are unsavoury characters when you look at their previous and therefore it is hard to find sympathy with them. As I said earlier in the thread its the ones who were in the stadium that night I feel bad for. They are the ones now who are being punished for the actions of some of the idiots when that night they conducted themselves magnificantly singing all through the game and even applauding the Zenit players when they lifted the cup. Its time that it was pointed out that those who are going this time and have tickets will mostly be the same bears who were at the final and therefore are far more represantive of the clubs support than a few neds and others with questionable links to Rangers such as the ones from the Manchester area who were amongst those jailed.

That is a point which many have chosen to ignore, mate. The dozen involved were always going to be made an example of, unsavoury characters or not. MCC and GMP fucked up, on the whole organisation and had to find a way to take the spotlight off of themselves. What better than a group of pissed-up, Scottish football supporters?

Turning off the screen was probably the correct decision, when they did it was a disgrace. Nothing, from all eyewitness accounts, had changed from eight hours previously, and that was when that decision should have been announced. The council leaders and the police top brass should be brought to task for their inability to provide the basics expected from a major city.