UEFA Cup Final Bears hung out to dry

CanadianBacon

You do the same thing every time, Token. It doesn't matter what anyone else says, you are always correct. Well, I'm sorry, but you can't have it both ways.

Smith got us to the final by having the team playing a certain way, one which suited a two-legged format. He got deserved praise for that, even though it was painful to watch at times, and the only thing that mattered was the result. His big mistake was using the same style of play in a one-off match. We lost, therefore, he has got to accept the blame for that too.

i have already covered that.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do the same thing every time, Token. It doesn't matter what anyone else says, you are always correct. Well, I'm sorry, but you can't have it both ways.

Smith got us to the final by having the team playing a certain way, one which suited a two-legged format. He got deserved praise for that, even though it was painful to watch at times, and the only thing that mattered was the result. His big mistake was using the same style of play in a one-off match. We lost, therefore, he has got to accept the blame for that too.

(tu) great post.

I'm sure there is plenty of research to back that up.... :lol:

I often find anecdotal nonsense is the best way to prove your point

Why would I need research? I'm only saying what some footballers think. You seem to have a real struggle accepting differing opinions.

I'd say he's a liar mate.

I pay attention to a lot of Celtic message boards daily (keep your friends close, but your enemies closer type of thing) and I have never recalled seeing one post from anyone bragging that they knew one of the 42 or 43 images posted in the paper and grassed them in.

They certainly did on kerrydale street on there generic H*** thread. Why would i lie about that... :lol:

I don't give a shit who grassed these idiots up......

They certainly did on kerrydale street on there generic H*** thread. Why would i lie about that... :lol:

I don't give a shit who grassed these idiots up......

That's the exact website and exact thread I had in mind. I read it almost daily. Never seen ANYONE say what you quoted.

So they weren't a far better team and those tactics didn't get us to the final ?

As most of our first legs were draws the tactics got us through plenty of one offs......

You appear to be dreaming again, those tactics got us humped, I can recommend a dose of reality, puts things into perspective.

The reality is they were a better team, what tactics would have seen us beat them mr reality ?

It's not certain we would have beat them either! listen to what he's saying to you.

Different tactics would have seen us make a game of it. That's all.

i have already covered that.

You've covered nothing. You made something up, solely to suit your own agenda.

All you have done is repeated your usual 'I must defend the club at all costs' mantra. It has become tedious now, and does you no favours. It wouldn't be so bad if you actually had any affinity with the fans, the people who are the club.

The reality is they were a better team, what tactics would have seen us beat them mr reality ?

The reality was Lyon were a better team,Fiorentina were a better team,Werder Bremen were a better team as were Sporting Lisbon....all perished against us.

Who's to say if we had put some more flair on we wouldn't have at least made a game of it.

It was about months ago, how do you propose i do that.... :lol:

anyway i don't care enough to do it even if i could, think what you want.

It would be easy. You don't care enough because you make stuff up as you go along to suit your point of view.

It's not certain we would have beat them either! listen to what he's saying to you.

Different tactics would have seen us make a game of it. That's all.

You know this how ? Would it have made our players suddenly better so we weren't outclassed all over the park ?

We got by better teams in one off situations most of the competition but the monday morning quarterbacks on here would have us change tactics for the final. Smacks of wise after the event to me.

How about being offensive rather than killing the game as a spectacle by playing behind the ball, and in the process making Zenet look good.

But having said that, you apparently are happy not to compete in a one off Euro final, takes all sorts, even those that like to play for penalties.

Outlaw you really dont make any sense at all mate.

Yes that officer was out of order and he should have been charged for assault.

But let me get this correct you think all the police should be held accountable for there actions but the fans who caused trouble should not be?

Not for the first time, its you, GFG who doesn't make any sense.

You know this how ? Would it have made our players suddenly better so we weren't outclassed all over the park ?

We got by better teams in one off situations most of the competition but the monday morning quarterbacks on here would have us change tactics for the final. Smacks of wise after the event to me.

I don't "know" anything. Football doesn't work like that.

You know, for someone who says I was evading your points - your doing a good job of that yourself (ignoring the points others have been putting to you in the past 2 pages)

You've covered nothing. You made something up, solely to suit your own agenda.

All you have done is repeated your usual 'I must defend the club at all costs' mantra. It has become tedious now, and does you no favours. It wouldn't be so bad if you actually had any affinity with the fans, the people who are the club.

So they weren't one off situations after draws in the first game... <cr>

How about being offensive rather than killing the game as a spectacle by playing behind the ball, and in the process making Zenet look good.

But having said that, you apparently are happy not to compete in a one off Euro final, takes all sorts, even those that like to play for penalties.

That team wasn't set up to be offensive in the spl that season never mind europe but we had to be for that game, as i say monday morning quarterbacks at there best