***The Official Rangers v Valencia CF Thread***

Muff

Bougherra, Weir and Webster isn't an idea i'm too comfortable with! Four at the back should really be enough, and Edu will probably be the midfielder to sit deeper.

We'll obviously need to keep it tight at the back, but i still think we need to be doing something to try and win our home game.

Would a point be a good result?

It wouldn't be bad but I think if we have any ambitions of qualifying for the last 16 we need to win or if we draw we need to pick up something in valencia, as Manure will be hard enough and bursaspor away will be no easy game ! can't see bursaspor taking anything away from valencia when they go over to spain but so we need as many points as we can get out of these next 2 games !

Man Utd will beat Bursaspor and that will put them on 7 points as well as eliminate Bursaspor completely IMO.

If we draw with Valencia that leaves us on 5 points and Valencia on 4 points which is not a disaster. A draw would not be a bad result although if we can pick up all 3 points we would be in an excellent position to qualify for the last 16.

Webster surely won't play?

I hope its a 4-5-1 we play.

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:weiss: :davis: :edu: :Naismith: :lafferty:

:miller:

If McCulloch and Broadfoot are fit they'll play. And Weiss and Lafferty will probably miss out.

Having watched the Valencia game tonight, Wednesday night will be backs-to-the-wall but theres always the chance of catching them on the counter

how the fuck can anyone include edu after todays performance . he adds nothing to the team . the well players were playing the ball around him like a traffic cone. stevie davis is playing himself in the middle and if mcculloch isnt fit i think well be over run on wed night

how the fuck can anyone include edu after todays performance . he adds nothing to the team . the well players were playing the ball around him like a traffic cone. stevie davis is playing himself in the middle and if mcculloch isnt fit i think well be over run on wed night

So, you drop Edu, who else goes in CM? McCulloch is already out.

I agree Edu isn't as good as some fans think he is, but we literally have NO other options.

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:weiss: :davis: :edu: :Naismith: :lafferty:

:miller:

Like the look of this side.

Walter did say KB is getting a scan on Monday and if it's clear then he's fit to play.

Can honestly see us getting something. I fully expect ManUre to beat them at OT and us to beat ManU @ home. So, a draw is not a catastrophe for the last 16.

Like the look of this side.

Walter did say KB is getting a scan on Monday and if it's clear then he's fit to play.

Can honestly see us getting something. I fully expect ManUre to beat them at OT and us to beat ManU @ home. So, a draw is not a catastrophe for the last 16.

Theres no guarantee of that the way Utd are playin atm.

Id take a draw right now. Valencia are quality and we'd be stupid to think we can go toe to toe with them.

4-5-1

Mcgregor

whittaker

bougherra

weir

papac

weiss

edu

davis

lafferty

naismith

miller

think theres a good amount of attacking options there, but i still think broadfoot and whittaker will start meaning weiss drops out.

I'd be happy with a point out of this. Valencia are a cracking side and I think a point against them even at home would be a good showing. Although I reckon if we sneak a win it puts us in good stead for the last 16.