***The Official Rangers v Valencia CF Thread***

Muff

Play like we did for the first half hour against Bursa then I think we can get a win, play like we did in the rest of the game then I'm fearful.

I don't think there will be any real surprises.

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :papac: :broadfoot:

:Naismith: :davis: :edu: :lafferty:

:miller:

Weiss may get some game time here because he'll probably get a bit of space however I don't see any reason to change the way we've been playing.

I'm sorry but if Weiss doesn't start then I'm baffled.

He played very well, scored and got taken off early, if that doesn't indicate that he's starting then I'd like to know why he got taken off.

Will some fans ever be happy?

We have taken 4 points from 2 group games, he hasnt featured and its been proved right so far. You cant eve say we rode our luck at OT, as we were very comfortable and in patches against Bursa we were good. So i dont see the big deal that he might/might not play.

Will some fans ever be happy?

We have taken 4 points from 2 group games, he hasnt featured and its been proved right so far. You cant eve say we rode our luck at OT, as we were very comfortable and in patches against Bursa we were good. So i dont see the big deal that he might/might not play.

Against Bursa i felt as if they had us hemmed in a bit in the second half, although they didn't do anything with it, i feel against valencia we'll need someone who will be able to take the ball for a run and be an outball. Too many times against Bursa the ball was being cleared and then just hammered back at us. Maybe in the second half we'll see an introduction.

Against Bursa i felt as if they had us hemmed in a bit in the second half, although they didn't do anything with it, i feel against valencia we'll need someone who will be able to take the ball for a run and be an outball. Too many times against Bursa the ball was being cleared and then just hammered back at us. Maybe in the second half we'll see an introduction.

Lets face it tho mate, the game should have been over and done with against Bursa before they came into it.

I like Weiss and i do want him to start, but 4 points from 2 games has shown he does not have to start this game.

We may require an "out ball" against Valencia as they are a team who can hurt us. I would say this will be our hardest game.

The thing that i am most pleased about as it the fact we have played 180 mins of Champions leauge football and not conceded 1 clear cut chance, that must be some sort of record surely.

Lets just hope the place is rocking tommorow

Lets face it tho mate, the game should have been over and done with against Bursa before they came into it.

I like Weiss and i do want him to start, but 4 points from 2 games has shown he does not have to start this game.

We may require an "out ball" against Valencia as they are a team who can hurt us. I would say this will be our hardest game.

The thing that i am most pleased about as it the fact we have played 180 mins of Champions leauge football and not conceded 1 clear cut chance, that must be some sort of record surely.

Lets just hope the place is rocking tommorow

It should have been 2 or 3 by half time definitely. I can't see him starting to be honest but as the game goes on, maybe around the 65-70 minute mark just to take the pressure off the defence. Can't be happier with the start of the campaign! I'll be doing my best to make sure it is :clap: . Been looking forward to it for ages!

McCulloch is definitely out for this game, and slated by Walter recently who has made it public he felt that McCulloch shouldn't have declared himself fit for the Scotland match, with him being out and possibly Broadfoot, I think Weiss has more chance of starting this game because of that.

McCulloch is definitely out for this game, and slated by Walter recently who has made it public he felt that McCulloch shouldn't have declared himself fit for the Scotland match, with him being out and possibly Broadfoot, I think Weiss has more chance of starting this game because of that.

Lee is out for this game and for the next one, too...

McGregor - Whittaker (at the moment our weakest link), Bougherra, Weir, Papac, Broadfoot - Naismith, Davis, Edu, Weiss - Miller

Weiss starting certainly gives us a bit more pace and skill going forward, if of course he starts. Should such a situation arise then I'd like to see him on the right, Naismith on the left, Davis and Edu in the middle. Although, I could see us with five in midfield, Edu holding midfielder, with Davis and Naismith at centre-mid with Lafferty playing out on the left.

We complain when players aren't taking people on, we complain when players are taking people on. We can't really win can we?

If we have the Davis, Edu, Weiss, Lafferty, Naismith midfield five, then who would come off of the bench to give some fresh legs later on in the game?

We'd have the likes of Wylde, Foster, Beattie, and such a like on the bench, but that would be throwing most of them into the deep end and hoping that they can swim.

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :papac: :broadfoot:

:Naismith: :davis: :edu: :lafferty:

:miller:

Thats the line-up I think Walter will go for. I think we will invite them onto us and let them try and break us down. If we charge forward Valencia will simply pick holes in us. A cautious approach as worked for us so far in the Champions League. I see no reason why it can't tomorrow.

If we can get the first goal it could be one of the best nights Ibrox has seen for many a year

It seems that both B'foot and big Lee have an outside chance of being fit.

I sincerely hope both Capn Kirk and Lee McCulloch are fit because this team are fast on the break as they were the last time they played us, in fact they horsed us, it was a lesson I don't want repeated, Big Lee Legend is good at breaking up attacks and putting us in the counter attack, his presence would make me confident. :sherlock:

This will be a harder game than the ManU one.

I don't know how Valencia will cope with out defence, but they are just that good going forward that one pass could be enough to split open the defence.

i doubt this Valencia team has come up against a team that'll be as defensive as ours in all honesty and i cant see them breaking us down , we'll go 2 up then concede and have the nervous bum syndrome for the last 15 mins (tu)