***The Official Football Manager 2011 Thread***

PaulRFC1

We've got Kilmarnock at Rugby Park, next.

We won that, plus a few more, before we finally lost our first domestic game of the season; One-nil, Corinthians of Parkhead at Parkhead. Gutted.

Its almost Christmas and its a three-horse race with us, them and Hearts. I think they're top, then Hearts are one behind them and we're one behind Hearts. After that, I think its either Dundee United or Hibs who are ten points behind. Elliot at Hearts is a goalscoring machine. Honestly, the ugly bastard is scoring for fun.

We're getting the goals, except at Parkhead, but they're usually coming from midfield. I don't mind who scores, but when I've got Jelavic and Goodwillie on good money, I want to see them scoring and they're not. Jelavic has about three for the season while Goodwillie got to eight, then gave-up. Stevie Naismith was scoring, but he broke his foot and won't be back until March or April. With him and Conway injured, Andrew Shinnie's going to get a wee run in the team.

I won my Champions' League group, incredibly. We went into the last group game at Javor, who hadn't scored yet, to be fair, one point behind Chelsea and Twente who faced each other at Stamford Bridge. Chelsea were down to nine men within forty minutes, but it ended nil-nil while we won three-nil in Serbia. It was snowing against Javor, I'd never seen that before on the game and I was expecting sun because I'd Google'd their park and it was bright. I thought the game had broke. :lol:

I've agreed one deal to arrive in January, £750K for Macabbi Haifa's Alexander Zahavi. He's a twenty year-old American-Israeli who's been part of the Arsenal, Barca and Sporting Lisbon youth systems, so he's got decent pedigree. He can play on either wing or through the middle, so he'll add versatility. Who am I kidding? Bedoya isn't in my game and he was the next best thing!

WATP!

2 points ahead of cltic with three games left to go, fucking raging I have to play them at parkhead for the 3rd time in the league this year! We'll see how this pans out, definitely my worst save for old firm games, still not beat them this season. :disappointment:

EDI: lost 2-1, fucking sickening thump teams 4, 5 and six nil but when it comes to these games no one plays at all.

started a new game on the updated DB with Rangers

staff changes

StaffChanges.jpg

Player Changes

transfers2.jpg

Playing a 4-5-1 with the 2 wingers and a DM

Got Barca, Shakhtar, Tel-Aviv in the Champs League beat Shakhtar 2-0 in the first game :D so a second place finish could be in reach (yn)

won the first 4 league games so sitting join top with dundee utd and celtic

We won that, plus a few more, before we finally lost our first domestic game of the season; One-nil, Corinthians of Parkhead at Parkhead. Gutted.

Its almost Christmas and its a three-horse race with us, them and Hearts. I think they're top, then Hearts are one behind them and we're one behind Hearts. After that, I

think its either Dundee United or Hibs who are ten points behind. Elliot at Hearts is a goalscoring machine. Honestly, the ugly bastard is scoring for fun.

We're getting the goals, except at Parkhead, but they're usually coming from midfield. I don't mind who scores, but when I've got Jelavic and Goodwillie on good money, I want to see them scoring and they're not. Jelavic has about three for the season while Goodwillie got to eight, then gave-up. Stevie Naismith was scoring, but he broke his foot and won't be back until March or April. With him and

Conway injured, Andrew Shinnie's going to get a wee run in the team.

I won my Champions' League group, incredibly. We went

into the last group game at Javor, who hadn't scored yet, to be fair, one point behind Chelsea and Twente who faced each other at Stamford Bridge. Chelsea were down to nine

men within forty minutes, but it ended nil-nil while we won three-nil in Serbia. It was snowing against Javor, I'd never seen that before on the game and I was expecting sun because I'd Google'd their park and it was bright. I thought the game had broke. :lol:

I've agreed one deal to arrive in January, £750K for Macabbi Haifa's Alexander Zahavi. He's a twenty year-old American-Israeli who's been part of the Arsenal, Barca and

Sporting Lisbon youth systems, so he's got decent pedigree. He can play on either wing or through the middle, so he'll add versatility. Who am I kidding? Bedoya isn't in my game and he was the next best thing!

WATP!

:lol:

Your FM escapades are brilliant!

Started a save with Luton Town, Blue Square Premier.

Plan is to take them as high as I can asap! Expected to win the blue square this year so obviously promotion is a must!

Have a £0 transfer budget so just brought in frees, including Ade Akinybyi, Anthony Basso, Vitor Lima & King Gyan - some of my bigger 'buys'.

3 games into the league, two 0-0 draws where I was I'm control but couldn't score, and finally my players found their shooting boots in a 3-0 win.

Failed to get promotion first season. :anguish:

Made the play-offs comfortably but got paper out. Was arguably the best team in the league tbh, but consistency and primarily two slumps in form fucked me over.

Into my second season and I'm top after 13 games or so, winning 10 and losing just 1. Team is a better mix now of old and young, after I signed alot of released youth players full of potential.

Graham Bayne btw has been brilliant for me, big goalscorer at Blue Square level it seems. :lol:

Won the UCL with the mighty Hartlepool beating Inter 2-1 in the final :D also won the EPL and the league cup to finish with a treble but slightly disappointed that i lost the FA cup to Spurs 2-1 AET , in fact im livid , Spurs are shite :angry:

Still look forward to a clean sweep next season

Just starting season 2015/16 and I'm going for 8 in a row and looking to defend my domestic cups and champions league for third time. Rangers are now ranked 7th in Europe and Scotland are also 7th and we have 7 teams in Europe for the new season.

After 233 goals or so I sold jelavic to real Madrid for 56 million(I must have downloaded the fm with the good jelavic lol). Also was time to say a fond farewell to king Carlos cuellar, kolo toure, Ashley cole and Landon donovon who were all out of contract and coming to a decline in their careers.

Brought in cavani, kadlec, nasri, y toure, alonso on frees, brought in promising youngsters and also signed Hutton to help make up the champions league quota of scots.

Just starting season 2015/16 and I'm going for 8 in a row and looking to defend my domestic cups and champions league for third time. Rangers are now ranked 7th in Europe and Scotland are also 7th and we have 7 teams in Europe for the new season.

After 233 goals or so I sold jelavic to real Madrid for 56 million(I must have downloaded the fm with the good jelavic lol). Also was time to say a fond farewell to king Carlos cuellar, kolo toure, Ashley cole and Landon donovon who were all out of contract and coming to a decline in their careers.

Brought in cavani, kadlec, nasri, y toure, alonso on frees, brought in promising youngsters and also signed Hutton to help make up the champions league quota of scots.

:lol::lol:

Got Luton promoted second time around, slightly struggling in League Two just now though, but starting to climb the table after a poor start.

Such a pain in the arse, wage budget is so shite, lost alot of players in the summer.

Looks like I'll be getting my laptop fixed soon, and just getting a new one at Christmas. Hopefully my files are messed with... :dry:

Was thinking- in my last Rangers save, I signed a number of players without knowing they were ineligible for the Champions League. Is there anyway of finding out if they can play for you in Europe?

Looks like I'll be getting my laptop fixed soon, and just getting a new one at Christmas. Hopefully my files are messed with... :dry:

Was thinking- in my last Rangers save, I signed a number of players without knowing they were ineligible for the Champions League. Is there anyway of finding out if they can play for you in Europe?

How were the ineligible? You sure the weren't just cup-tied having already played in Europe for another team?

That happened to me in my Barca game signed Fabregas for like 40m + Mascherano and he was cup tied for CL also sold Keita so I was in a struggle for CM's when it came down to the latter stages.

How were the ineligible? You sure the weren't just cup-tied having already played in Europe for another team?

That happened to me in my Barca game signed Fabregas for like 40m + Mascherano and he was cup tied for CL also sold Keita so I was in a struggle for CM's when it came down to the latter stages.

Aye that's what I meant. I signed a guy from Anderlecht and a guy from Copenhagen, as well as a few others, and they couldn't play. I sold Papac, so had a kid at left back and at right back for Europe.

Started a new game with Rangers. Gave myself £10m. Brought in: Jeffrey Bruma (loan), David Goodwillie, Jordi Gomez (loan), Craig Conway, Roland Juhasz, Kaspar Gorkss and Alan Smith. Didn't let anyone leave. Fleck was about to leave for Arsenal for £2m in the first month, I was about to accept to let him join after talks had been agreed, then I just cancelled and hoped he done the job for me on the field. He's currently played 6 games as Striker and scored 4. :clap:

Usually, I quote my last post in here to keep you's up to date, but fuck it. I'm too excited.

Picture this; Three games to go. Celtic are top on 74 points, we're second on 73 and the next game is an Old Firm game at Ibrox. Actually, don't picture that because it won't do it justice. Aye, I get fanny, but I'm also a sad cunt that types-in my answer to each press conference question. Aye, I'm a sad cunt. So, fuck. We are the people. I'm also 'Ally McCoist MBE' on the game with a real cut-out face.

Anyway, I've gor Roy Orbison cutting the tunes on Spotify during the build-up (While I'm picking my team), then a Tina Turner classic on as the players leave the tunnel (While I'm setting my opponent's instructions. Every Tim has an astrix next to them, they've got instructions). This is serious stuff, boys.

One-nil, us. Goodwillie. I'm bouncing. Late on, about 80 minutes on the clock, Stokes taps in the equaliser. Sheer and utter head-in-hands devastation. Same old story, I'm thinking. No fairytale ending.

The scoreboard on the Broomloan stand, filled with rabid Tims, reads [1-1 88:39] and the Rangers have a corner. I'm like that to Kenny; "this is fuckin' hopeless".

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT'S A GLOOOOOOOOORY GOAL FROM CAAAAAAAAAARLOS BOOOOOOOCA-FUUUUUUUCKING-NEEEEGRAAAAAHHHH!

Two-one. Top of the League. Step up and play. Thank you.

:sherlock:

Déjá vu, boys.

The following week, we're at Easter Road, winning. Its three-one, us, but Celtic are also winning. They're at home to Hearts, but.

The news filtered through from Parkhead; "Scott McDonald Gary Glen has scored, the Celtic players can't believe it! They're dead on their feet!"

We're just keeping the ball, it's all about ball retention when another feed comes through; "HE'S SCORED, AGAIN! IT'S AAAAAALL OVER! GLEN HAS SCORED! TWO-ONE, HEARTS! CELTIC ARE OUT OF IT! RANGERS HAVE WON THE TITLE!"

Had it been three days later, the helicopter would have been changing direction. Lennon's getting ripped in the press after this continue. Champions, again. Olé, olé.

Playing a 3yr challenge with Melbourne Victory.

Won the league, finsihed the season scoring 73 goals. 28 goals more than Brisbane Roar who came 2nd :lol:

Suppose that's what happens when you sign a strike that's played at Porto, Braga and Strasbourg and who scores 27 goals in 29 games. :crabflute: