***The Official Football Manager 2011 Thread***

PaulRFC1

Went back to my original Rangers save.

Found quite an aging team, Berbatov (33), Forlan (35, dunno why I signed him for free), Caffa (30) and a young potential wonderkid who wants to leave. Think there's a fair bit of deadwood in my squad after just winning the CL in my 4th season, so I think I'm going to try and fire into this save and rebuild the squad.

League table sees Rangers and Celtic tied on 22 points, Hearts on 19 just nearing the end of October. Both myself and Celtic are doing well in our CL groups, both top. I've won 2 of 3. Beating Lyon at home, Dnipro away and drawing 0-0 with Schalke away.

Won the league with Spurs in my first season, and the Carling cup, beaten in the FA cup final on penalties.

Signed McGregor, Wylde (whose brilliant), Davis (best CM) Bougherra, Ness, Hulk, Vagner Love, Moretti and sold/loaned out a lot of players.

McGregor was the starting keeper in the EPL team of the year, he's amazing.

Lost a late goal to Celtic at castle grey skull in the 87th minute, brought on 35 year old Diego Forlan. Been James Beattie for me, yet to score and he's made like 4 starts and numerous sub appearances. Someone overhits a pass to him it breaks off him and sits up, he pings a 30 yarder into the top bin. Don't care if he doesn't score another goal all year, that justifys his signing!

Inspired by Brighton's cracking start to the season, decided to have a go with the Seagulls. Had completely forgotten they signed Vicente. Brought in a kid on loan from PSV, no decent free agents and he required no loan fee, as well as Nicola Ventola just for numbers up front. Got a fairly young strike force, adds a bit off experience.

Humped Middlesbrough 4-1 at Riverside in my opening match, Mackail-Smith with a hat trick. Should be a good season. :D

Also, Carling Cup week, and Nottingham Forest away to Bury...

smq52s.png

Started a new game with Rangers. Gave myself £10m. Brought in: Jeffrey Bruma (loan), David Goodwillie, Jordi Gomez (loan), Craig Conway, Roland Juhasz, Kaspar Gorkss and Alan Smith. Didn't let anyone leave. Fleck was about to leave for Arsenal for £2m in the first month, I was about to accept to let him join after talks had been agreed, then I just cancelled and hoped he done the job for me on the field. He's currently played 6 games as Striker and scored 4. :clap:

Signed Roland Juhasz for Rangers too mate, scored 9 goals in his 1st season :clap:

Just read from page 116, repped a couple of ye for giving me a wee laugh :lol:

Away to get this on my laptop from steam for £10, just till FM2012 comes out. Starting a season with Rangers and will be booting out some of the players who don't deserve to be there. I'll update yeez later.

I've got a game with Werder Bremen, one day i check my info screen and the chairman loves the club. I play a game then the next day i get a message saying the clubs in the process of a takeover bid.

So the chairsman has fallen out of love with the club in the space of 3 days. Bet i get sacked by the new board :(

• 2 weeks later...

How easy is it to make your own face cut out pictures? Anyone done this?

just find out what your unique id is, you should be able to get this by turning them on in settings. then just put a pic of you on the graphics/faces folder, and name it your unique id.

or you could just insert manager pic at the start of a new game (tu)

just find out what your unique id is, you should be able to get this by turning them on in settings. then just put a pic of you on the graphics/faces folder, and name it your unique id.

or you could just insert manager pic at the start of a new game (tu)

Cheers, but I meant players who don't have profile pictures. I looked it up and found out you need Photoshop, and I can't be arsed with it to be honest.

Thanks anyway though.

Cheers, but I meant players who don't have profile pictures. I looked it up and found out you need Photoshop, and I can't be arsed with it to be honest.

Thanks anyway though.

nae bother, have ye no got the faces mega pack like? recommend getting this wi all the updates applied. its got aboot 90000 players, staff and even refs faces in it (tu)

Aye I've got that, but it was just if I wanted the odd player to have a proper photo. I'm the same, got all my logos and a ton of faces downloaded. Just looks bare without them...

indeed m8 (tu)

what players you needing faces for? :ph34r:

if av not got them, i can do them :thumbup: