***The Official Kilmarnock v The Champions Thread***

Muff

Kirk Broadfoot, Sasa Papac and Kyle Lafferty are all struggling to be ready to face Kilmarnock in Saturday's lunchtime kick-off, Maurice Edu is already ruled out but Steven Whittaker, Steven Naismith and Steven Davis should be ok.

:mcgregor:

:Foster: :bougherra: :weir: :whittaker:

:davis: :mcculloch:

:weiss: :fleck: :Naismith:

:miller:

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RANGERS last night faced another injury sweat after Madjid Bougherra revealed he will undergo a scan on a hamstring strain.

The influential Ibrox defender is in Luxembourg for Algeria's friendly tomorrow but it seems certain Bougy will pull out after injuring himself during Saturday's win against Aberdeen.

And Gers boss Walter Smith, whose squad is depleted with injury, will be praying the damage isn't serious.

Bougherra said: "I'm not sure if I will play. I will have an ultrasound to assess whether or not I'm fit."

Fuck sake...

Just heard that on the radio myself, Muff.

If Bougherra isn't playing, then ;

McGregor

Whittaker Weir Papac Broadfoot

Weiss Davis McCulloch Wylde

Naismith

Miller

Papac and Broadfoot are unlikely to play.

You know who will go to CB :anguish:

Injuries are starting to accumulate, but I'd go for:

:Foster::weir::mcculloch::whittaker:

:davis::hutton:

:Naismith::fleck::weiss:

This might sound like a really stupid question, but is Webster fit?

Injuries are starting to accumulate, but I'd go for:

:Foster::weir::mcculloch::whittaker:

:davis::hutton:

:Naismith::fleck::weiss:

This might sound like a really stupid question, but is Webster fit?

Well last time I heard anything was SSN team news last wednesday and that said he was out but I severely doubt he'll be anywhere near fitness

one of the form teams of the spl but we usually do well at rugby park. These injuries are really begining to pile up.

I know i am getting ahead of myself but the uefa cup may prove to be a league costing distraction this season.

A fear of mine, also.

As much as I want us to do well in Europe, I'd much rather we had the squad fit for the league.

A fear of mine, also.

As much as I want us to do well in Europe, I'd much rather we had the squad fit for the league.

I agree. Likely wouldn't win Europa League, and I'd rather Gers win the SPL and stop Celtic from getting money from Europe next season!

I agree. Likely wouldn't win Europa League, and I'd rather Gers win the SPL and stop Celtic from getting money from Europe next season!

It really makes me wonder what UEFA, and possibly FIFA for that matter, would do if Rangers got the Europa League Final - in Dublin. What a scenario that would be.

If Celtic were to be denied Champions League football once more, we'll finally see the financial repurcussions of their failures in the past couple of years.

Anyway, back on topic, Rangers should win. Not expecting a comfortable victory over Killie, but we should win. Do not give Eremenko time on the ball.

one of the form teams of the spl but we usually do well at rugby park. These injuries are really begining to pile up.

I know i am getting ahead of myself but the uefa cup may prove to be a league costing distraction this season.

And why, IMO, I'd rather we went out of Europe altogether if we don't make the Last 16 of the Champions League. This league is going to go down to the wire, us running away with it simply won't happen.

And why, IMO, I'd rather we went out of Europe altogether if we don't make the Last 16 of the Champions League. This league is going to go down to the wire, us running away with it simply won't happen.

Agreed

The filth have a higher level of consistency than i thought they would. If we get through december on top or a point or two behind i would be 100% confident of winning the league. Throw two or three rounds of the uefa cup into that and we may have problems. We have done well to cope with cl football so far. When it comes to feb/march we will have league, cup and possibly euroepan commitments and that will bea ridiculously huge ask fore this squad.

If we get through walter must be allowed to increase the size of his squad but that is highly unlikely

Would love to see the team freshened up, but Killie are on form.

We need to make the most of our home games in terms of keeping the team fresh. If Walter doesn't rotate a bit more than he's doing just now, it could cost us.

I don't think we have the squad to freshen up....

Just the likes of Hutton, Wylde, Fleck, Broaders etc.

They seem completely settled in during the wee cameos we've seen. Kyle Hutton especially, for me at least, because the middle of that park is looking more and more weary every week.

We all knew a game like this was going to come sooner or later, where we play kids and players out of position. I'm not even gonna attempt a team selection just now.

If McCulloch does play at CB, Hutton MUST start. Eremenko is pulling the strings for them, we need someone to get up in his face from the first whistle. Naismith or Fleck aren't going to do that.