Takeover talk - Rangers confirm Whyte talks

cwoodloyal

Former QPR chairman Ellis failed in a bid to buy Rangers earlier this year but is back in the running to support Whyte.

That quote makes me wonder about the research knowledge and worth of the journalist and article. Peter Ellis was the QPR chairman years ago not Andrew.

I'm still open minded regarding Whyte at the min.

But Andrew Ellis..... Peter Ellis, Martin Ellis, is it a mx up and the media don't know who is who?

They just seem to use his name to fill the blanks at the bottom of the page.

Also "a friend said", either name the friend or it's just plain bollox

I have mixed feelings about this bid with A Ellis involved.

me too.................but to try and put a positive spin on his involvement. Whyte is obviously a very smart businessman, despite what some posters on here will try and counter claim. He is going to be "The Boss".....these guys are ruthless so he wont let Ellis do anything that harms The Rangers...........hopefuly.

But..............i'd still rather he wasn't anywhere near us...........

I am well aware of the hate for Murray.................but i don;t think for a second he will sell The Rangers unless he is satisfied they have the right credentials to take us forwards.

When Murray goes he will get a "Thanks you" from me as he was at the helm during the best years of my life as a Bear........he financed it, he backed the manager...........he tried to win us the CL, and almost did.

So i can forget the bad times because the good far outweigh them...........

I dont think it was that Ellis didnt have the money to buy rangers...He did but he didnt have the money to invest in the team and take the club forward but this time around whyte has the financial muscle.

One problem, Andrew Ellis is a fucking London estate agent with nae dough is he not (well he's not a millionaire anyway)

If this is going to happen then I believe it'll be Whyte on his own ( IMO )

andrew ellis isnt an estate agent that was a mistake made by the papers at the time of his interest.

his family are well of as are that of his wife.

Former QPR chairman Ellis failed in a bid to buy Rangers earlier this year but is back in the running to support Whyte.

That quote makes me wonder about the research knowledge and worth of the journalist and article. Peter Ellis was the QPR chairman years ago not Andrew.

thats his dad and andrew took over from him briefly

I think it's fair to say Ellis is just in it for the money,not always a bad thing though.

A successful Rangers will make a healthy profit.

A couple of quality signings a season in the same mould as Jelavic and we could be looking at the last 16 as a regular occurrence.

you would think so, but as we seen from smiths first era that a few quality signings in a team of mediocrity wont cut it at the highest level

i would rather the new owners provided enough financial backing to secure the SPL for season to come, and spent the rest improving the rangers infrastructure on a whole so that we are self sustaining without european money

you would think so, but as we seen from smiths first era that a few quality signings in a team of mediocrity wont cut it at the highest level

i would rather the new owners provided enough financial backing to secure the SPL for season to come, and spent the rest improving the rangers infrastructure on a whole so that we are self sustaining without european money

Guess it depends on the team spirit mate,1992/93 springs to mind/

Your second point is spot on,rip the youth system to shreds and get academies overseas to make sure we are on the ball when it comes to up and coming youngsters who we can then sell on at a healthy profit after they have helped us.

Rangers as a brand name needs to be pushed out as well,we're missing a trick in the States and Asia IMO.

I get pissed off with the mentality that we just need to finish above the tims,fuck them build for the future and we will dominate for years to come and see progress in Europe

That's what I think anyway..

In terms of buying a major football club, it's not far off, but yes, it's wrong.

we dont know how well of he is. as i say his father was well off as is his inlaws.

the estate agent thing was perpetuated by our fenian media and was destroyed by a few phone calls very quickly.