The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

Although it would be great to be done before xmas, it's not the end of the world if it isn't, what matters is that it's done right, and puts Rangers in the right hands and in the best place to move forward, i've got a good feeling about this, no inside info or anything , just a gut instinct

Craig Whyte and Andrew Ellis will hold talks with senior Rangers officials next week, as they look to step up their joint efforts to buy Sir David Murray's shareholding in the Ibrox club. However STV understands the deal, worth £33 million, may not be concluded as hoped by Christmas and it may take until the new year for the pair to finalise their purchase.

The takeover, which will wipe out the club's £27.5 million debt to Lloyds TSB, is understood to be at an advanced stage. As part of their proposals, Whyte and Ellis will also pay shareholders, including Murray, a total of £5.5 million.

If the deal for Murray's 92 per cent shareholding is completed, Whyte will own 69 per cent of the club's shares, with Ellis - who failed in his own attempts to buy the club earlier this year - holding 23 per cent.

It is also understood £25 million will be invested in Rangers' first team squad over a period of five years, with transfer funds being made available to Walter Smith in the January transfer window if the takeover is concluded in time.

News of the duo's bid first broke on November 18, with Whyte and Rangers both putting out statements to the Stock Exchange confirming a possible offer.

Nearly two weeks on, evident progress has been made in a bid Whyte's solicitor confirmed as being "at an early stage". Talks between Whyte, Ellis and club officials were also yet to take place at that point.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/213122-rangers-takeover-bidders-want-club-bought-by-christmas/

£25 million on the squad over 5 years isn't exactly breathtaking. If (when) Bougherra, Davis, Weir, and Miller leave, you're looking at the best part of £15 million to replace them

It's still a lot more than we've had in the past 3 years or so.

5 million a year would be enough, providing we can tie a few players down in the process. If not, a few million more may be needed.

and who said it was 5 mill a year, it will likely be the same sit that the leaping leprechaun got when he arrived at the piggery, offered 30mill in total over 5 years, spend it asap or spread it out, he chose to spend it right away as we know

might find smith spends 10mill this jan, leaves coisty a cracking team, and mccoist only spends 5 mill the next 3 summers building a team that can get into the champions league and making him more money to spend

imagine this also, whyte, ellis and murray announce right before the old firm game that the takeover is complete and that the players coming to the end of their deals are getting new deals, plus the war chest for smith also

timothy would fucking collapse that day

£25 million on the squad over 5 years isn't exactly breathtaking. If (when) Bougherra, Davis, Weir, and Miller leave, you're looking at the best part of £15 million to replace them

If we spend 5m per season net we will outspend the t*rriers massively.

With a squad that's already miles ahead of them we could bury the bastards.

If there is money to spend in January, I hope we don't do a Mowbray and flood the first team with new signings. Dorrans and Onyewu would, stuff that, positive thinking, will be brilliant signings, but anymore would risk upsetting the squad's balance.

I'd agree with that (tu)

2 players like what you mentioned, that would automatically enhance the first team then yes. Would be crazy to say no to them if we could get them.

Players along the lines of Eremenko, Gomis, Goodwillie, McArthur etc - then I'd leave the likes of them to the incoming manager - with all due respect to them sorts of players.

I'd agree with that (tu)

2 players like what you mentioned, that would automatically enhance the first team then yes. Would be crazy to say no to them if we could get them.

Players along the lines of Eremenko, Gomis, Goodwillie, McArthur etc - then I'd leave the likes of them to the incoming manager - with all due respect to them sorts of players.

the last 4 players you mentioned i would leave at the other clubs as imo they aint any better than what we have

priority is c/half and full backs

the last 4 players you mentioned i would leave at the other clubs as imo they aint any better than what we have

priority is c/half and full backs

Fair enough. I was just using them as an example as we have been linked with them.

Totally agree with full backs. If we had the money I'd buy a new right back and new left back. The amount of goals we lose from the full back areas with them either caught out of position or suckered in is scary, and frustrating.

What makes people glad this guy is taking over, what do you know about him that makes you think he will improve our club ?

The debt gets wiped out for a start. That's the main thing.

Of course it's still a risk, without doubt - but what do we do? remain cynical until the day David Murray dies and hand the club over to someone from the RST or something?